Jets interested in Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu

Jetsfan80

Think it was all marijuana, I found it comical he had to go to rehab.

It was, but to a much higher degree than just failing a few drug tests. The rumor down in BR was he got mixed up with JJ and a bunch of thugs who thought they were untouchable and started stealing sh*t and trying to deal. Hopefully he got his act together, because during preseason he wasn't even listening to Landry or Peterson, both of whom mentor the LSU kids a lot.

I'd love to see Wilson gone

Wilson is a solid Nickel corner and was the CB2 on the 2nd best passing D in the league. He's not great but he's not nearly as bad as some people make him here. Honey badger, if he plays CB, would be about as good as Wilson is...maybe.

I could careless about the pot stuff but a 5'9" 175 DB outside of Darrel Greene is going to be useless in today's NFL.

And there's no ****ing way in hell his little stoned ass is going to play safety. How the **** would he cover a 6' 6" te or tackle a powerback.

He could be a KR/PR and slot guy maybe.

6 round or later.

And who the **** goes to rehab for weed? Its not a bad movie.

If all players played as good as their highlight reel there would be 300 million GM's in this country!

P.S: I wish this was one of the usual highlight reels. This guy sounds for lack of a better term.......fruity!

Hahahaa, its a play on another viral-web sensation. I encourage you to search "HoneyBadger" on youtube. It's hilarious.

NSFW

For sh*ts and giggles, I looked up the league's smallest players. This should put an end to the notion that Tyrann cannot play in the NFL because of his size.

Tyrann Mathieu: 5'9, 175. Give him a year in the league with a professional training regiment & diet, and/or let him get married to a midwest/southern gal and he could easily add 5-10 lbs to his frame.

Top-Ten undersized players in the league

-----------------------------

10. Jim Leonard (SS) 5'8, 185 -- such a favorite of RR that he personally brought him aboard from Baltimore.

9. Trindon Holliday (PR) 5'5, 165 -- recently known for his 2 TD returns in the playoffs.

8. Wes Welker (WR) 5'9, 185 -- needs no introduction in this division. probowler.

7. Ray Rice (RB) 5'8, 212 -- short but stout. probowler.

6. Bob Sanders (SS) 5'8, 205 -- nicknamed the 'missle'. probowler.

5. DeSean Jackson (WR) 5'10, 175 -- short, fast. probowler.

4. Antoine Winfield (CB) 5'9, 180 -- known for his hitting. probowler.

3. Steve Smith (WR) 5'9, 185 -- known for his swagger. probwler.

2. Maurice Jones Drew (RB) 5'7, 210 -- bowling ball. probowler.

1. Darren Sproles (RB) 5'6, 190 -- little dude. probowler.

edit: the bold-type function isn't working in this post...I only meant to bold the word, "probowler".

point is, Tyrann Mathieu is NOT too small to play DB in the nfl. His out-of-this-world instincts make him a playmaker, and I'm glad we are showing interest in him. He would be an asset to this team, despite the notion that we have a loaded secondary.

I could careless about the pot stuff but a 5'9" 175 DB outside of Darrel Greene is going to be useless in today's NFL.

And there's no ****ing way in hell his little stoned ass is going to play safety. How the **** would he cover a 6' 6" te or tackle a powerback.

He could be a KR/PR and slot guy maybe.

6 round or later.

And who the **** goes to rehab for weed? Its not a bad movie.

You're probably right but like the above post says its been done before. Leonhard succeeded in this D and HoneyBadger is twice the athlete.

I say Mathieu is WAAAAAAAAY better than Kyle Wilson. The SAME Kyle Wilson who after being burned by a WR heckled that same WR after the ball sailed on him...DUDE, HE SCORCHED RIGH BY YOU AND YOU WERE LUCKY THAT THE BALL SAILED - DON'T GLOAT.

The Honey Badger would be much better than that waste of a first round pick.

I'm not worried about his size at all. I've seen him go head up to tackle Trent Richardson of all beast and that worked out well. But his coverage is a concern that's why to me he's a 3rd or slot CB. You can use him lots of ways in the sub package. Also he's an instinct upgrade on special teams as a KR/PR and as a gunner. If he's still on board in the 4th round trade up and snatch him.

I say Mathieu is WAAAAAAAAY better than Kyle Wilson. The SAME Kyle Wilson who after being burned by a WR heckled that same WR after the ball sailed on him...DUDE, HE SCORCHED RIGH BY YOU AND YOU WERE LUCKY THAT THE BALL SAILED - DON'T GLOAT.

The Honey Badger would be much better than that waste of a first round pick.

No, he will be just as bad as Kyle Wilson -- and I do not mean badass. I could do without either of these bums.

Archived