What happens with Revis?

Pac

DB's who can't hold Revis' jock have been traded for multiple high picks.

He'd be free to sign anywhere next season, he's coming off an injury and nobody will know if he's back to himself till the middle of next season.

So unless they find a team who is dumb enough to give them a first round pick, it just won't happen. Years ago Champ Bailey was Revis and it was what Clinton Portis and a 2nd rounder for him. And the Broncos were a team who could turn practice squad RBs into league leaders so giving up portis wasn't that big a deal.

Maybe Green Bay would give up something for him. But Green Bay doesn't seem to make desperate moves, and giving up a #1 for a CB coming off an injury would be desperate. And Green Bay got burned by a running QB. They gave up 200+ rushing yards per game to the Vikings. Revis isn't going to stop a running QB. He isn't going to make their run defense any better. So I doubt they'd even trade for him.

Maybe the Broncos? That makes sense, but then again, Bailey used to be Revis, would they trade for an Injured Revis? And trade a high pick for him? I don't know.

Who else thinks they are close and needs a shut down CB like Revis and would give up a first round pick?

Seattle.. No. Atlanta. No. Houston.. No. New England. Yeah right. Baltimore and the 49ers? Not. Cincinnati? Highly unlikely.

New Orleans? I doubt it.

As much as we love Revis, what do other teams think about him around the league? He's a guy who seems to always want more money and threatens to hold out year in and year out. He's been on 0 division winners. He's been on teams that finished 9-7 or worse most of his career.

All I know is the guy from the Raiders was thought to be as good as Revis, he signed with the Eagles and sucked. I imagine a lot of teams around the league look at that and think about schemes and coaching and who wants to give up a hell of a lot for a position that isn't going to net you that many more wins, even if he is a HOFer.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a proactive move. We know we have to do SOMETHING about Revis. Either extend him or trade him are our options. Letting him walk for a 3rd round compensatory pick is not ideal.

Trading is the better option, because we already have Cromartie, and we know that having the best CB tandem in the league is almost meaningless. Even with both Revis and Cro playing at their best, we couldn't win a title because our QB play sucked.

No successful team invests that much into any 2 defensive players. You invest in your QB first and foremost, get an o-line to protect him, and fill in the other gaps however you can. With Rex, we know we don't need superstars all over the place to have a good pass defense. Even if we fire Rex, that shouldn't change our priorities much.

So would you prefer to extend Revis, knowing how much he'll be asking for?

this. and my favorite part of the argument: w/o Revis (the best player in the universe, of ALL time) we were still the 2nd ranked Pass Defense.

this. and my favorite part of the argument: w/o Revis (the best player in the universe, of ALL time) we were still the 2nd ranked Pass Defense.

as soon as cro loses a step (any day now) he's useless. assuming the knee checks out, Revis will be revis for another 5 years or more. Revis has the anticipation, Cro is all speed.

I like Revis better than Cromartie as well. But damn those guys will be hard to replace. Talking about the two best CBs in the league. How many times Cro get beat for a TD this year? "zero" from what i recall....both are pretty damn good. But if I had to choose one to keep I would go with Revis also I think.

Archived