JaMarcus Russell planning NFL Comeback [Merged]

pfilippone

300lb QB. lulz.

He's been planning a comeback for a while. I think real sports did a piece on him. The guy might be the dumbest person the planet. I can remember them asking him if he'd take a contract in another league so he can get back into playing shape and "audition" to get back into the NFL. His response, "No, I'm an NFL QB."

I guess he didnt realize you have to be on an NFL roster to be an NFL QB.

300lb QB. lulz.

He's been planning a comeback for a while. I think real sports did a piece on him. The guy might be the dumbest person the planet. I can remember them asking him if he'd take a contract in another league so he can get back into playing shape and "audition" to get back into the NFL. His response, "No, I'm an NFL QB."

I guess he didnt realize you have to be on an NFL roster to be an NFL QB.

jaredlorenzen.jpg?w=237

308 lbs of pure dumb qb. the guy should go the cfl route first then try an nfl comback...get to about 245-250 lbs go to the Alouettes or Argonauts and prove himself in a league. At 308, he seems like maybe a guard..not a qb.

308 lbs of pure dumb qb. the guy should go the cfl route first then try an nfl comback...get to about 245-250 lbs go to the Alouettes or Argonauts and prove himself in a league. At 308, he seems like maybe a guard..not a qb.

This is what I don't get. Why not go to the CFL or Arena league. Get some reps. Get some playing time. Show you have changed. Instead he's been doing what? Giving speeches. Having his life coach quit on him. Getting advice. I dont' know. It seems he ran out of money.

Anybody serious who has been out of the NFL for what, going on 4 years, and all that after being considered a lazy bust and an idiot who got busted for some lame charge, would be busting their but in some league like the CFL. Instead he just spins a report saying he wants to make a comeback. More like "pay me for not changing at all."

This has "woody" written all over it

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/report-jets-kick-tires-on-qb-bust-jamarcus-russell/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The Jets have had “some very exploratory, informal discussions” about mega-bust quarterback JaMarcus Russell, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.

Russell was selected No. 1 overall by the Oakland Raiders in the 2007 draft. He hasn’t played a snap in the NFL since Jan. 3, 2010.

The 6-foot-6, 308-pound Russell told Yahoo! Sports he was planning to attempt a comeback for the 2013 season.

“The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family,” he said. “People would say (that) I didn’t love the game but that p—– me off. People don’t know the real you but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I’m a bust. I want show them I’m not. I’m committed to this now.”

On Monday, new Jets general manager John Idzik told WFAN radio he was “comfortable” with embattled starter Mark Sanchez on the roster, but would be adding competition at the quarterback position.

Whether that comes through free agency, trade talks or the upcoming draft remains to be seen.

“I’d say build any way you feel like you can get better,” Idzik said on the “Boomer & Carton” show. “That said, the draft will always be important to us.”

Sanchez will be working this offseason with Jeff Garcia to get a handle on new coordinator Marty Mornhinweg’s offense.

“I think he’s champing at the bit,” Idzik said. “And he wants to get going with his new coordinator. He’s all about competing. I got a really good feeling from Mark.”

this woody guy just cant help himself

According to reports the New York Jets have been exploring the possibility of bringing in former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Russell was the number 1 overall pick of the Raiders in 2007 and became the poster boy for the more stringent rookie wage system in the new NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement.  After holding-out into his rookie season Russell eventually signed a $61 million deal with Oakland, going 7-18 as a starter, with 18 touchdowns, 23 interceptions, a completion percentage of 52 and quarterback rating of 65 during 3 seasons with the team.

Always seeming to be out of shape and overweight Russell was released by the Raiders in May 2010 then arrested in July of that year for possession of a controlled substance.  He was contemplating a return to the Louisiana Swashbucklers of the Professional Indoor Football League in December 2011 since he played collegiately at Louisiana State University but never signed with the club.

Currently weighing over 300 pounds and not having played professionally since 2009 Russell would be a long shot at making an NFL come back but the “look under any rock” philosophy apparently still applies to the Jets even with the departure of Mike Tannenbaum.

This is what I don't get. Why not go to the CFL or Arena league. Get some reps. Get some playing time. Show you have changed. Instead he's been doing what? Giving speeches. Having his life coach quit on him. Getting advice. I dont' know. It seems he ran out of money.

Anybody serious who has been out of the NFL for what, going on 4 years, and all that after being considered a lazy bust and an idiot who got busted for some lame charge, would be busting their but in some league like the CFL. Instead he just spins a report saying he wants to make a comeback. More like "pay me for not changing at all."

This "story" is over a year old.

jamarrcus.jpg

JaMarcus Russell could be coming back. According to the Lake Charles American Press, "rumors are swirling that the first pick in the 2007 draft could be joining the Louisiana Swashbucklers of the Professional Football League. Per the report, Swashbucklers media relations director Duane Bergeron said the organization "would not confirm or deny any contact with Russell or his agent." Likewise, team GM and president Chris Meaux said in a statement released to the American Press, "We are not prepared at this time to comment on any player contract negotiations." Though it seems like he's been gone for a long time, Russell last played for the Raiders on Jan. 3, 2010. He has 4,083 passing yards in 25 career starts. If the 26-year-old Russell returns to football in any capacity, it's surely a sign that he'd like to return to the NFL And, if he finally realizes that, he needs at least to try...

http://www.bayoubuzz...-peyton-manning

Archived