The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Particularly if he can find one owner, who thinks Revis is going to put him in the Super Bowl, and is willing to pay

Revis has to be a bit concerned going into the final season with out a contract.

1) He is still good, but not Revis good

2) He gets hurt again.

If someone pays him, he’ll sign

I don't know if he has that built into his contract, or you're just saying he has an implied veto simply by saying he won't sign an extension with any team he's traded to, but either way I don't see it as a huge obstacle. You get around it simply by attracting offers, then letting Revis and his agent negotiate a contract with each of his suitors who are offering enough in compensation to the Jets to complete a deal. Darrelle is drawing a fairly low salary this season, you don't think -given his history- that he'd welcome the chance at another payday?

Love Revis as a player, probably the best player in franchise history....but his inability to seemingly just be one of the guys I think has worn on the organization. Revis has other interests and honestly I never got the sense he wanted to be part of the culture here(cant blame him in that regard though, either).

We'll see. Cimini was speculating, fwiw, that he's 100% gone.

This argument also applies to alleged franchise left tackles, but I'll save that for another thread.

There's definitely truth to that, and I think the same basic logic applies in both cases; having an absolutely awful one that can easily be taken advantage of will undoubtedly cause you lots of problems, but then on the flip side, even with a great player, at a certain point there's only so much benefit that can really be gotten out of the position.

any team sport. when the best player gets seriously injured, it screws the team. the difference between having revis and not having him wasn't just two wins. they fell apart. We don't know how the season would have gone, had he stayed healthy. another assumption you all are believing he's asking for 16/17 mil per year. the fact is we don't know what his demands are or what he'd agree to in terms of compensation. the ACL tear means he won't get 16 mil, either from the Jets or anyone else.

I don't know if he has that built into his contract, or you're just saying he has an implied veto simply by saying he won't sign an extension with any team he's traded to, but either way I don't see it as a huge obstacle.

the second one. if Revis doesn't like the deal, he doesn't have to sign it. It's not purely money with this guy. Everyone assumes he's pure greed but he won't accept a trade to Minnesota if he doesn't want to live in Minnesota. Money is not the only motivation.

any team sport. when the best player gets seriously injured, it screws the team. the difference between having revis and not having him wasn't just two wins. they fell apart. We don't know how the season would have gone, had he stayed healthy. another assumption you all are believing he's asking for 16/17 mil per year. the fact is we don't know what his demands are or what he'd agree to in terms of compensation. the ACL tear means he won't get 16 mil, either from the Jets or anyone else.

the offense fell apart because they had zero talent. With or without Revis this team was going anywhere with the guys we had on offense.

the second one. if Revis doesn't like the deal, he doesn't have to sign it. It's not purely money with this guy. Everyone assumes he's pure greed but he won't accept a trade to Minnesota if he doesn't want to live in Minnesota. Money is not the only motivation.

Money is obviously a huge motivation for Revis, and winning probably comes ahead of locale.

Like I said, all they need to do is make him a part of the process. Let him negotiate with the teams he's willing to move to. The Jets will get enough offers for him to sift thru.

This is posturing. The Jets are letting a market develop for Revis going into the contract year

Money is obviously a huge motivation for Revis, and winning probably comes ahead of locale.

Like I said, all they need to do is make him a part of the process. Let him negotiate with the teams he's willing to move to. The Jets will get enough offers for him to sift thru.

This is probably the solution.

Let him find his market value. Not only was his injury very bad timing for the Jets, it’s very bad timing for Revis.

If his market value isn’t where he wants it to be right now, he may be willing to do a “band aid” deal and push this one year down the road where his value can be better established, and the Jets have more money.

The problem for Revis in this is, what if he gets hurt again, or isn’t the old Revis?

Revis is "speechless"? Feels for Jet Nation?

Gimme a break. Both times he held out it was about business and now that the Jets are treating him like an asset in the business he is going to feel for the fans? Dont worry about this fan. I will be aight, especially with some draft picks to spend on offense.

now Myers chimes in on how Idzik missed his chance to worship at the alter of Mevi$. Fvck that sh!t. we didnt suffer without him last year besides him taking up cap space. Get the picks and get him the fvck outta here...

'Gold rush forming' for possible Darrelle Revis trade

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider

January 25, 2013 11:09 am ET

One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.

"There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering that Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is nonetheless coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.

The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.

Sources say one of the teams highly interested are the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.

Other teams highly interested, I'm told are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.

So the race to get Revis is on.

Who will win?

1. The market for Revis, despite his injury, is clearly high. Multiple picks, including at least one first rounder, is actually a realistic option.

2. Revis is the best CB in the NFL IMO. With that said, he is still JUST a CB. He is a differencemaker, yes. He is not good enough, or vital enough a position, to win Championships.

3. The difference in quality between Revis & Sombody vs. Cromartie & Somebody is not a big enough dropoff to say no to a package of picks including first roudners and multiple-middle-round selections.

4. The Jets Need Talent more than they need a single, HOF'er Super Star right now. I'd take two starter-quality Linebacks and a starter quality WR over Revis right now.

5. Revis is a mercenary (not a criticism, a fact). He wants the most money possible, and has shown a constsnt desire to push his fiscal interests even between contracts. Put simply, he isn;t worth (for THIS Jets Team) the constsnt strain, pressure and ill feelings his constant demands for more create.

6. Revis gone opens alot of Cap Space down the road for rebuilding the depth and talent base, and sacrifices only one position, and even that, not horribly so (if we retain Cro or a Cro-level of play quality).

7. If Revis were a QB, and good as he was, you can't trade him. But he's not a QB. He's a CB. And Champ Baily (the Revis of a few years back) never won Denver any titles on his own.

8. Revis can be dealt to a bad or average team in the NFC, and will not trouble us but once every four years.

9. Revis is very possible to walk at the end of his Contract no matter what we do or offer. If so, we lose him for nothing.

10. What do we need more, multiple draft picks to rebuild the talent, or one single vastly expensive, always complaining about money Corner, who (as last year showed) is one single tweak or hit from missing large chunks of time and perhaps never coming back to the same level of quality?

I know it's hard to trade a guy who may just be a legitimate first ballot HOF-calibur player, and recognized "name".

But the Jets today need alot of help, on offense especially (WR, RB, QB, TE< O-line all have need) but also on Defense (LB especially, Safety too if we can't retain what we had, and the constant weakness at pass rush, and depth at CB regardless).

If the package of picks offered is right, if teh cap room opened up is substantial, I don't see how the Jets can not seriously consider making a deal.

Screw the author.

I would want AT LEAST a 1 & 2. Don't tell me it's a King's ransom if I'm not getting at least a 1 & 2.

this. We spent a 1st on him, and he's done nothing but increase his value. We need to ensure that we get our original pick back, and then appropriate compensation for the league's best CB.

Screw the author.

I would want AT LEAST a 1 & 2. Don't tell me it's a King's ransom if I'm not getting at least a 1 & 2.

Agreed. I would also want a player. I know Revis is coming off an injury and will command a long term contract but he's a Hall of Famer. He's worth this type of compensation. Teams really don't have the opportunity to trade for this type of player that often. He's a difference maker on defense and could be that missing piece a team needs to put them over the top.

'Gold rush forming' for possible Darrelle Revis trade

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider

January 25, 2013 11:09 am ET

One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.

"There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering that Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is nonetheless coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.

The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.

Sources say one of the teams highly interested are the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.

Other teams highly interested, I'm told are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.

So the race to get Revis is on.

Who will win?

Ask yourself this question, you trust this organization to pull off a "smart" trade of Revis, who happens to be probably one of the 10 best NFL players in the league?

I don't think this organization has the capability of doing that. At this point in time.

1. The market for Revis, despite his injury, is clearly high. Multiple picks, including at least one first rounder, is actually a realistic option.

2. Revis is the best CB in the NFL IMO. With that said, he is still JUST a CB. He is a differencemaker, yes. He is not good enough, or vital enough a position, to win Championships.

3. The difference in quality between Revis & Sombody vs. Cromartie & Somebody is not a big enough dropoff to say no to a package of picks including first roudners and multiple-middle-round selections.

4. The Jets Need Talent more than they need a single, HOF'er Super Star right now. I'd take two starter-quality Linebacks and a starter quality WR over Revis right now.

5. Revis is a mercenary (not a criticism, a fact). He wants the most money possible, and has shown a constsnt desire to push his fiscal interests even between contracts. Put simply, he isn;t worth (for THIS Jets Team) the constsnt strain, pressure and ill feelings his constant demands for more create.

6. Revis gone opens alot of Cap Space down the road for rebuilding the depth and talent base, and sacrifices only one position, and even that, not horribly so (if we retain Cro or a Cro-level of play quality).

7. If Revis were a QB, and good as he was, you can't trade him. But he's not a QB. He's a CB. And Champ Baily (the Revis of a few years back) never won Denver any titles on his own.

8. Revis can be dealt to a bad or average team in the NFC, and will not trouble us but once every four years.

9. Revis is very possible to walk at the end of his Contract no matter what we do or offer. If so, we lose him for nothing.

10. What do we need more, multiple draft picks to rebuild the talent, or one single vastly expensive, always complaining about money Corner, who (as last year showed) is one single tweak or hit from missing large chunks of time and perhaps never coming back to the same level of quality?

I know it's hard to trade a guy who may just be a legitimate first ballot HOF-calibur player, and recognized "name".

But the Jets today need alot of help, on offense especially (WR, RB, QB, TE< O-line all have need) but also on Defense (LB especially, Safety too if we can't retain what we had, and the constant weakness at pass rush, and depth at CB regardless).

If the package of picks offered is right, if teh cap room opened up is substantial, I don't see how the Jets can not seriously consider making a deal.

If Revis were a team guy, he would not swallow our cap whole. But that is neither here nor there. They are all after money and do not care about team caps. But team caps matter. And we spend too uch at CB. I don't care if he is a Hall of Famer. I want a Super Bowl. Having one Hall of Famer, unless he is a QB, does not significantly enhance your chance at a SB. There are 22 guys on the field. I still want multiples. If I cannot get a 1 and something else, I want two 2's and alittle less something else something else.

I'm definitely all for trading Revis if he nets the team multiple picks (including a 1st rounder) and a player. I know it would be crazy to deal them both but I'm wondering what Cromartie's trade value is? Initially, the Jets traded a 2011 third-round pick to the Chargers that eventually became a second rounder (based on playing time) in order to get him. Does anyone think that Cromartie still has 2nd round value?

Archived