The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

Before last season, he was considered a bust. A bust worse than Sanchez. Who knows. He looked ok this year, but he wasn't going to win games for the 49ers.

He's another game manager.

Before last season, Mark Sanchez WASN'T considered a bust. What a difference a season makes.

Statistically, he lead the league in completion pct.

He leads in the league in QB rating.

He doesn't have a huge arm, but he doesn't throw interceptions.

He can navigate the pocket to avoid the sack, and is surprisingly mobile.

Lastly, he has 8 years in the league and knows the game.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Alex Smith better than Mark Sanchez? and is he worth a 2nd round pick?

That is our asking price. This trade immediately solves our teams most glaring issue...on paper, anyway.

It also opens the door to move Sanchez. Using some fancy contract-sharing language, where we pay for part of Mark's guaranteed monies, but not all-- I don't know how it works, but didn't Denver pick up some of Tebow's contract last year?

Not to mention we would have 3 picks in the top 40 this year...and not need to waste anything high on QB prospects.

Alex Smith is marginally better, if that. You can't trade Sanchez. Just not going to happen. We can do better for Revis.

Before last season, Mark Sanchez WASN'T considered a bust. What a difference a season makes.

This all sounds...so...familiar...

2006-02-14-pennington.jpg

Nobody really considers Mark Sanchez a bust. He just isn't a starting QB in the NFL at this point.

Alex Smith was essentially benched this season because he was a guy the coaching staff thought couldn't win them games.

It's 2013. If you don't have a QB who can win you games, if you don't have a QB who can lead the team, you probably don't win.

If Alex Smith were any good, he'd be the one playing in the super bowl and not Kapernick. As already stated, he was completing 70 percent of his passes and they stil stuck with a guy most people outside of San Fran knew about. It was a gamble, but it also tells you what coaches thought and knew. Alex Smith wasn't a guy who could win them games. He wasn't a guy who could win a super bowl. He's a guy who needs everybody else to be perfect, otherwise he just won't win you a game.

The 49ers lose to Atlanta with Alex Smith. They don't come close to winning yesterday. Alex Smith, if he finally lived up to his potential, is kind of a poor mans Chad Pennington. You hope you never have to come back in a game.

So in other words: Don't make a stupid trade like that.

I really don't even know where you're going with the Flacco stuff. He won a Super Bowl so he's amazing now. That's how football science works. We get it. I could address the USC stuff but it's really not worth while since you seem to be trying to turn this into a Sanchez v Flacco thing that nobody could possibly care about.

Sanchez is a bad QB. Simple as that.

It eliminates the Revis contract issue. But Alex Smith won't be cheap and he isn't all that better than Sanchez. Before last season, he was considered a bust. A bust worse than Sanchez. Who knows. He looked ok this year, but he wasn't going to win games for the 49ers.

He's another game manager. Have a great defense, have a good rushing attack, and hope the QB can make a play now and again and never turn the ball over. I don't think the Jets have a great defense anymore and losing Revis makes them worse as a defense. And their rushing attach hasn't really been that impressive since Thomas Jones left.

They were #4 in rushing the first year after Jones left. Their rushing attack hasn't really been that impressive since Damien Woody left.

Nobody really considers Mark Sanchez a bust. He just isn't a starting QB in the NFL at this point.

Alex Smith was essentially benched this season because he was a guy the coaching staff thought couldn't win them games.

It's 2013. If you don't have a QB who can win you games, if you don't have a QB who can lead the team, you probably don't win.

If Alex Smith were any good, he'd be the one playing in the super bowl and not Kapernick. As already stated, he was completing 70 percent of his passes and they stil stuck with a guy most people outside of San Fran knew about. It was a gamble, but it also tells you what coaches thought and knew. Alex Smith wasn't a guy who could win them games. He wasn't a guy who could win a super bowl. He's a guy who needs everybody else to be perfect, otherwise he just won't win you a game.

The 49ers lose to Atlanta with Alex Smith. They don't come close to winning yesterday. Alex Smith, if he finally lived up to his potential, is kind of a poor mans Chad Pennington. You hope you never have to come back in a game.

Alex Smith was "essentially benched" because he was injured.

Following a tremendous year in which he DID win games. 13 regular season, 1 post (and of the four games SF lost, three were by 3 pts or less). He came back and won 6 of 8 this year before his injury. He matched our season total in half a season.

Don't tell me he's a "poor mans [anything]". In his last game (pre-injury) he had the best single-game QB rating of all QBs 157.1.

He has a good head on his shoulders, takes care of the football, and makes smart (albeit unspectacular) throws, but he's not a loser.

Collin Kapernick's running game brings a different dimension to their offense; a dimension only three teams in the league really have.

He also has a rocket arm. But don't tell me Alex Smith is not starting is because he isn't good, that's a load of crap. There was a time Aaron Rodgers sat on a bench behind Brett Favre...what's sitting on the bench have to do with anything?

I would offer Mr. Revis to the first team willing to offer me a 2012 #1 and #3 and a 2013 #2, #4 and #6. Yes, five selections for one elite, Hall of Fame calibur player.

I believe someone in the NFL would take this offer, and if so, we should do it. Immediately. A team such as ours will profit far more from five new prospects than it will having an elite player at a currently non-vital position, all things and circumstances considered.

I would offer Mr. Revis to the first team willing to offer me a 2012 #1 and #3 and a 2013 #2, #4 and #6. Yes, five selections for one elite, Hall of Fame calibur player.

Im generally against trading Revis but that's the type of haul it would take to even get close to replacing his value.

I believe someone in the NFL would take this offer, and if so, we should do it. Immediately. A team such as ours will profit far more from five new prospects than it will having an elite player at a currently non-vital position, all things and circumstances considered.

i think there is no way anyone does that but if its even hinted at go all in an do it!

Archived