Favorite RB in this year's draft for Jets

Jets2013

Theo Riddick. Can get him in the 5th or 6th. No need to draft a RB before then. Guy was a WR so you know he can catch.

His upside is non existent. He does nothing exceptionally well. He's basically Bilal Powell. The other guys we're talking about like Bernard, Lacy and Lattimore could be good starters.

His upside is non existent. He does nothing exceptionally well. He's basically Bilal Powell. The other guys we're talking about like Bernard, Lacy and Lattimore could be good starters.

We have bigger positions of need than RB and need to address them earlier in the draft. Those guys will be gone by the time the Jets should consider taking a another RB. I'd prefer they just sign Justin Forsett and not draft any RBs.

We have bigger positions of need than RB and need to address them earlier in the draft. Those guys will be gone by the time the Jets should consider taking a another RB. I'd prefer they just sign Justin Forsett and not draft any RBs.

What bigger needs do the Jets have than RB? They don't have a starting caliber RB on their roster. It would be perfectly reasonable to grab a RB in rounds 2 or 3. Forcett isn't a starter either.

What bigger needs do the Jets have than RB? They don't have a starting caliber RB on their roster. It would be perfectly reasonable to grab a RB in rounds 2 or 3. Forcett isn't a starter either.

Currently? QB, TE, S, OG, OLB. I'd even argue our WRs are a concern too. These may change but that's right now and a start and we need multiple players at some of those positions. Unless you're getting a game changer like Rice or Peterson, no need to draft one super high. Dime a dozen.

Bilal Powell and Forsett would be fine behind a decent line. No one said Forsett was going to be a starter.

Currently? QB, TE, S, OG, OLB. I'd even argue our WRs are a concern too. These may change but that's right now and a start and we need multiple players at some of those positions. Unless you're getting a game changer like Rice or Peterson, no need to draft one super high. Dime a dozen.

Bilal Powell and Forsett would be fine behind a decent line. No one said Forsett was going to be a starter.

They aren't a dime a dozen when your starter is a JAG like Bilal Powell. The jets just hired a guy to run a WCO and they have no RB to make plays out of the backfield. Thats a big big problem.

They aren't a dime a dozen when your starter is a JAG like Bilal Powell. The jets just hired a guy to run a WCO and they have no RB to make plays out of the backfield. Thats a big big problem.

You have no idea what offense they will implement. They have no QB or WRs for the WCO either. So maybe they won't run that system. If you sign Forsett or draft Riddick you have guys who can make plays catching the ball out of the backfield.

You have no idea what offense they will implement. They have no QB or WRs for the WCO either. So maybe they won't run that system. If you sign Forsett or draft Riddick you have guys who can make plays catching the ball out of the backfield.

Those guys suck. They are 3 touch a game players on a decent team with a RB who can actually make plays. Any combo of those guys would be the worst backfield in the NFL.

I like Bernard's excelleration but dont see him as powerful enough to carry the load as a starter. Lacy certainly is....Bell might be a sneaky mid round pick too....he could be a good power back compliment to Powell. What about Jamison kid out of Rutgers? He might end up being the best back in this draft, Ray Rice type back.

Who can't play in a WCO based offense here?

Also those RBs suck. I would try to sign Felix Jones.

I like Bernard's excelleration but dont see him as powerful enough to carry the load as a starter. Lacy certainly is....Bell might be a sneaky mid round pick too....he could be a good power back compliment to Powell. What about Jamison kid out of Rutgers? He might end up being the best back in this draft, Ray Rice type back.

jamison isn't nearly as good as rice.

jamison isn't nearly as good as rice.

Ray Rice is a prettty high comparison true....I told all my friends Doug Martin was the next Ray Rice and they all made fun of me and said Boise plays weak competition and i was wrong...well I wasnt but this year I dont see any backs like that aside from Lacy (who I think is a ****ing BEAST!!) but Jamison could surprise....I agree however, Rice is better than Jamison. What about Stephan Taylor? Reports from Senior Bowl is that he is clearly the best RB there...seems like a complete back who can do it all. Fairly sturdy too at 5'9" 215

I will be piss if we picked a RB in the second and pass up on Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame or Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford. Therefore I would look in the 3rd round after a guy like Mike Gillislee who's the only top back who projects to have legit sub 4.4 speed. He's a guy that did a good job running between the tackles. Along with him Monte Ball.

Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

Height: 5-11. Weight: 209.

Projected 40 Time: 4.42.

Projected Round (2013): 2-4.

Gillislee had a superb senior season for the Gators. He averaged 4.7 yards per carry while amassing 1,1152 yards and 10 touchdowns. Gillislee played hurt, yet helped push Florida to a tough road win against Teas A&M. He had impressive games against Tennessee, Bowling Green and LSU, too. He closed out the regular season by destroying Florida State to the tune of 140 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries.

The senior has speed and deceptive power. Gillislee is very impressive as a blocker in blitz protection. He has really helped his draft stock this year.

Any of the QBs and Stephen Hill.

Felix Jones is healthy never and is a plodder.

Well the QBs suck period, but had Sanchez been any good at all/matched his scouting reports he would be a fine WCO QB.

Hill is too young to not be able to pick up a system if he's any good at all, which might also be his problem.

I would take Jones over Forsett/ThatOtherJAG.

I will be piss if we picked a RB in the second and pass up on Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame or Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford. Therefore I would look in the 3rd round after a guy like Mike Gillislee who's the only top back who projects to have legit sub 4.4 speed. He's a guy that did a good job running between the tackles. Along with him Monte Ball.

Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

Height: 5-11. Weight: 209.

Projected 40 Time: 4.42.

Projected Round (2013): 2-4.

Gillislee had a superb senior season for the Gators. He averaged 4.7 yards per carry while amassing 1,1152 yards and 10 touchdowns. Gillislee played hurt, yet helped push Florida to a tough road win against Teas A&M. He had impressive games against Tennessee, Bowling Green and LSU, too. He closed out the regular season by destroying Florida State to the tune of 140 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries.

The senior has speed and deceptive power. Gillislee is very impressive as a blocker in blitz protection. He has really helped his draft stock this year.

This. Agree 100%. 2nd round is too early for a RB. And I love the TE's in that round.

Gillislee will be a steal in the 3rd or past. Apparently he's impressing at the Senior Bowl. Great vision, great burst, got a little wiggle. Kid will be a good pro. Havent been able to say that about a Florida RB in a long time.

Lacy is too close to Greene in body type and style of runner. I'd go with a more complete back like Gio Bernard or even roll the dice on Lattimore.

agree, gio bernard best fit for our new WCO also (catches ball out of backfield and makes folks miss)..and he is GREAT punt returner to boot..

This. Agree 100%. 2nd round is too early for a RB. And I love the TE's in that round.

Gillislee will be a steal in the 3rd or past. Apparently he's impressing at the Senior Bowl. Great vision, great burst, got a little wiggle. Kid will be a good pro. Havent been able to say that about a Florida RB in a long time.

But what I like most about him is coach ability. If Demps or Rainey where ask to change their running style to run in between the tackles like he was ask they wouldn't of succeed. But He's one of the few to change up from a scat back to a very productive backs who runs between the tackles. Those TEs are a most.

I too prefer one of those two TEs.

Those TEs better be had. I would rather them then give Keller $7 mil when they can do just as good a job or better with having the upside to become elite TEs.

Archived