Favorite RB in this year's draft for Jets

Jets2013

But what I like most about him is coach ability. If Demps or Rainey where ask to change their running style to run in between the tackles like he was ask they wouldn't of succeed. But He's one of the few to change up from a scat back to a very productive backs who runs between the tackles. Those TEs are a most.

Those TEs better be had. I would rather them then give Keller $7 mil when they can do just as good a job or better with having the upside to become elite TEs.

Its hard to predict the draft at this stage but if I had my way and I think this is a true possibility, I'd go.

R1 BAP - OLB (Jones, Moore, Mingo, Warner)

R2 BAP - TE (1 of the 2 studs)

R3 Quiton Patton

R4 Gillislee

Its hard to predict the draft at this stage but if I had my way and I think this is a true possibility, I'd go.

R3 Quiton Patton

R4 Gillislee

Need to address the offensive line before round 5. It's a must. We have no starting guards currently.

Currently? QB, TE, S, OG, OLB. I'd even argue our WRs are a concern too. These may change but that's right now and a start and we need multiple players at some of those positions. Unless you're getting a game changer like Rice or Peterson, no need to draft one super high. Dime a dozen.

Bilal Powell and Forsett would be fine behind a decent line. No one said Forsett was going to be a starter.

And RT. Don't forget RT. Bottom line, we get a stronger OL who can actually move bodies and pull and trap and block downfield, and Shonne Greene will be just fine. As will McKnight/Powell catching the ball out of the backfield. The line as currently constituted is the bigger issue than the guy guy carrying the ball. Few backs are going to have success running behind the group we have now. The days of the Faneca/Damien Woody OL are what we should aspire to. They made Thomas Jones look like Curtis MArtin.

And RT. Don't forget RT. Bottom line, we get a stronger OL who can actually move bodies and pull and trap and block downfield, and Shonne Greene will be just fine. As will McKnight/Powell catching the ball out of the backfield. The line as currently constituted is the bigger issue than the guy guy carrying the ball. Few backs are going to have success running behind the group we have now. The days of the Faneca/Damien Woody OL are what we should aspire to. They made Thomas Jones look like Curtis MArtin.

This is just blatantly untrue. The Jets were the 4th ranked run blocking OL in the NFL last season in FO's metrics, even guys like Howard and Ducasse were good in the ground game. Greene is just a JAG and Powell isn't much better. They won't be fine because they aren't starting NFL running backs. Jones was.

Disagree. It would be interesting to see what Mornhinweg can get out of Powell and McKnight, but I'd be more interested in seeing a complete stud back in green.

The OL is not the problem on this team. The problem is every skill position player.

Need to address the offensive line before round 5. It's a must. We have no starting guards currently.

Disagree. Its not a must at all. Especially a Guard. Ducasse came on toward the end of the season and I'm sure they'll give him a chance to compete to start. Plus, I could see 1 of Moore or Slauson being resigned. That and you can find G's every round of the draft and cheap in FA. The difference between a 5th round pick and a 3rd is minimal at best and I'm not on board for drafting a G in the first 2 rounds. Just make zero sense with the needs this team has, OL is not a problem.

Disagree. Its not a must at all. Especially a Guard. Ducasse came on toward the end of the season and I'm sure they'll give him a chance to compete to start. Plus, I could see 1 of Moore or Slauson being resigned. That and you can find G's every round of the draft and cheap in FA. The difference between a 5th round pick and a 3rd is minimal at best and I'm not on board for drafting a G in the first 2 rounds. Just make zero sense with the needs this team has, OL is not a problem.

I have no faith in Vlad, whatsoever, to start. He's fine as a back-up but I just don't see him as a starter.

I don't know much about the college players but I thought I heard a few weeks ago that we were thinking about signing Darren McFadden. I don't know if he's demanding big money but I know he can make plays out of the backfield. If he's cheap I'd definitely like to get him. We had no depth at RB this year and we really suffered for it in some games. I can't believe I'm saying this but McKnight looked pretty good out there when he wasn't hurt.

jonathan franklin is gonna be awesome.

He certainly has the physical skills but needs to: (1) learn how to catch the ball; (2) learn to block; and (3) work on holding on to the ball. I'd take a flyer on him in the middle/late rounds -- he should be around since he has a lot of warts in an NFL level assessment.

I have no faith in Vlad, whatsoever, to start. He's fine as a back-up but I just don't see him as a starter.

Nor do I but he showed enough this season to give him shot. He was pretty beastly in the run game.

In principle I dont like the idea of drafting G's high. So with that, the difference between a 3rd and a 5th is minimal. To keep on the Gators track, you could get a guy like James Wilson in probably the 5th who dominated great DL's like LSU and FSU this season. Big mobile run blocker. There's a couple of guys like that in the draft Uzzi? from GT comes to mind too. A guy who can pull and open big running lanes. And isnt the other Bama G projected in those rounds?

There are so many good backs coming out this year....and all seem pretty attainable with our second round pick.

I personally like Lacy. He's just built to be a beast. Last year, my dude was Montee Ball, but who knows how much longer his tires will keep spinning. I like the overall game of Stepfan Taylor, but I want to see more "it" factor from a highly drafted RB. Regardless of who we pick up early, I would like to spend a 5th/6th round flier on Marcus Lattimore, he's a first round talent coming off an injury...I would love to get the boo-boo discount.

R3 Quiton Patton

R4 Gillislee

I like this. Which Warner are we getting? Yakko was the brains, but Wakko has the most physical upside I always thought. Dot might not be allowed to play, unfortunately.

Nor do I but he showed enough this season to give him shot. He was pretty beastly in the run game.

In principle I dont like the idea of drafting G's high. So with that, the difference between a 3rd and a 5th is minimal. To keep on the Gators track, you could get a guy like James Wilson in probably the 5th who dominated great DL's like LSU and FSU this season. Big mobile run blocker. There's a couple of guys like that in the draft Uzzi? from GT comes to mind too. A guy who can pull and open big running lanes. And isnt the other Bama G projected in those rounds?

I am with you on Vlad and the drafting of guards in general. Plenty of interesting mid-round guys there. Mark Jackson, a giant from Glenville who transferred from Illinois, is another interesting one. John Sullen (Auburn)....Sam Brenner (Utah)...Alvin Bailey (Ark)....Travis Bond (UNC) amongst many others.

Are you talking about Barrett Jones? Everyone seems to love him and he could be gone by the second.

I am with you on Vlad and the drafting of guards in general. Plenty of interesting mid-round guys there. Mark Jackson, a giant from Glenville who transferred from Illinois, is another interesting one. John Sullen (Auburn)....Sam Brenner (Utah)...Alvin Bailey (Ark)....Travis Bond (UNC) amongst many others.

Are you talking about Barrett Jones? Everyone seems to love him and he could be gone by the second.

No, I'm talking about Steen. Everyone calls him the weak link on the line but he could be a steal in the 5th. I really like Uzzi from GT, especially for the offense we'll be running. I like Gabe Jackson out of Miss St. too.

Steen and Jackson went back to school. I like both. I actually thought Jones was the weak link on the Alabama line, but his grit factor and versatility give him some endearing qualities.

Tss...Uzzi huh? What about Tommy Gun or somethin?

Did Steen and Jackson go back???? Damn. That limits the mid round prospects a bit.

OL is not the problem? The line gave up 47 sacks. There is deff a problem here

Not THE problem, but A problem, and at the very least a cuase for concern. To be fair, about 25% of those sacks came when GMAC was QBing and held onto the ball long enough to state the Gettysburg address.

Not THE problem, but A problem, and at the very least a cuase for concern. To be fair, about 25% of those sacks came when GMAC was QBing and held onto the ball long enough to state the Gettysburg address.

Sanchez isn't exactly the Sack Avoiding Kiiiiid there either.

He certainly has the physical skills but needs to: (1) learn how to catch the ball; (2) learn to block; and (3) work on holding on to the ball. I'd take a flyer on him in the middle/late rounds -- he should be around since he has a lot of warts in an NFL level assessment.

all year i was underrating this guy but look at his play in big games, he did more in the stanford game than stefan taylor. several have said he's the best RB in mobile, obviously everyone has their preferences but guys like that with his size and 3 down ability aren't easy to find.

Christine Michael Texas A&M probably should have been at the senior bowl. Injuries etc but what a beast this kid is... like Bryce Brown type of story.

all year i was underrating this guy but look at his play in big games, he did more in the stanford game than stefan taylor. several have said he's the best RB in mobile, obviously everyone has their preferences but guys like that with his size and 3 down ability aren't easy to find.

Christine Michael Texas A&M probably should have been at the senior bowl. Injuries etc but what a beast this kid is... like Bryce Brown type of story.

He's a productive RB and also seems to be a really good kid, too (based on what I read and hear in interviews locally). If they can effectively work on those three shortcomings he would be a real steal. Three-down backs have to be competent at that as well as racking up yardage on the ground.

Archived