•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

John Idzik Press Conference

John Idzik

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,812 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Anyone check it out? Thoughts?

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,812 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

First impression, it is nice not seeing Tannenbaum, lol.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#3 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,881 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Its a process

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#4 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,812 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Competition will be at the center of everything we do,

That would be a refreshing change.

#5 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,195 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

He looked extremely nervous to start but he's starting to loosen up a little. Sadly, I hear Gary "I don't know sh*t" Myers from the Daily News so apparently they're still allowed in the building lol.
"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#6 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

I wuuuuve him

#7 jetscanes331

jetscanes331

Believer

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

He seems like a good guy for the job. Already seems more competent as a GM than Mike T. The fact that he's going to establish a 'plan' is a good start..

#8 JOJOTOWNSELL

JOJOTOWNSELL

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Did he have on the ubiquitous green tie?
stick to flippin hot dogs and burgers on every other sunday - BP 12/20/2010

#9 jetscanes331

jetscanes331

Believer

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Did he have on the ubiquitous green tie?

Yup. It was patterned. Stylin' looking.

#10 JOJOTOWNSELL

JOJOTOWNSELL

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yup. It was patterned. Stylin' looking.

I wonder if Wood-ster has to personally approve the tie or if he is given the tie right as he walks in ala the Fancy restaurant that has a dress code with the suit jackets waiting??
stick to flippin hot dogs and burgers on every other sunday - BP 12/20/2010

#11 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

After Woody's "Tool Talk" segment? I thought it was fine. Reporters asking questions they know he will not answer, Custer asking about another team's player. The usual moronic media stuff. But he seems like a guy who is comfortable in his own skin. something that never came across with Tannenbaum. And when Bradway called the shots he always seemed to me that he would rather have been in a film room. I just wonder if his personality and Rex's will clash, though. Rex wants a cult of personality. That won't happen here. Not anymore, anyway.

#12 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,129 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

He can form complete sentences, which is nice.

#13 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,923 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Funny, listening to Francesa right now you would think it was a disaster. He's currently whining about how Idzik saying "too many nice things" about the organization. Right now he's ranting about how Idzik should have trash talked the org more during his PC... lol... yeah, OK...

Personally, I was impressed.

Edited by stoicsentry, 24 January 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#14 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Funny, listening to Francesa right now you would think it was a disaster. He's currently whining about how Idzik saying "too many nice things" about the organization. Right now he's ranting about how Idzik should have trash talked the org more during his PC... lol... yeah, OK...

He's right. Idzik isn't going to be a strong leader and turn this franchise around. You woulda thought this was the Steelers or Ravens and not the dogsh*t laughingstock Jets from all the smoke he was blowing at the incompetents in the front office.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 24 January 2013 - 01:20 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#15 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,255 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Is Idzik going on with Francesa? It'd be interesting to see if he's ready for that.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#16 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,619 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

He's right. Idzik isn't going to be a strong leader and turn this franchise around. You woulda thought this was the Steelers or Ravens and not the dogsh*t laughingstock Jets from all the smoke he was blowing at the incompetents in the front office.

What is he supposed to say ? Bradway is so awful I wanted to walk him out of the building the moment i got here. There will be changes. But no NFL team advertises them. This is one of the sweet meet and greets that every organization goes through.

But the JETS fandom is so jaded right now that guys like Fatcessa can say anything negative and there will part of the fandom that will be convinced its true.

#17 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,964 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Obviously you and I have been on different sides of this fence.

But IDzik is a clear imporvement over Tannenbaum, presentation-wise. And it would be hard to be worse.

I have an open mind. To draw any real conclusions right now is really obnoxious.

Francesa keeps saying "there were no football people in the room" despite Bill Polian sitting in, and that Idzik is not a personnel guy but the guy has been in and around NFL teams since he was a child. I am greatly dissapointed bgy how this franchise ahs been run under Woody Johnson but to destroy Idzik on that basis on day 1 is really uncalled for a$$holery. The guy hates the Jets and his hatred for him must be good for business.NOBODY who is competent in any endeavor is going to take over an operation and start trashing people until he has had some time to evaluate thsoe people and their contributions to the organization. Keep in mind; for all the bad stuff I have said about this team somebody drafted Revis, Mangold, D'Brick, Wilkerson.

Edited by Bugg, 24 January 2013 - 01:37 PM.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#18 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,195 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Does anyone know who Caldwell or Telesco fired from their personnel staffs in Jax and SD?

Btw, nothing is ever going to make Francesa change. He's the most useless person in the media when it comes to the Jets and Mets. I'm actually a Yankees fan and even I get disgusted by his treatment of the Mets. He's just horrible at his job, but as long as there are people willing to listen to that fat ****, he will always have a show unfortunately.

Edited by KSJets, 24 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#19 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,891 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Obvioulsy you and I have been on different sides of this fence.

But Iszik is a clear imporvement over Tannenbaum, presentation-wise. And it would be hard to be worse.

I have an open mind. To draw any real conclusions right now is really obnoxious.

Francesa keeps saying "there were no football people in the room" despite Bill Polian sitting in, and that Idzik is not a personnel guy but the guy has been in and around NFL teams since he was a child. I am greatly dissapointed bgy how this franchise ahs been run under Woody Johnson but to destroy Idzik on that basis on day 1 is really uncalled for a$$holery. The guy hates the Jets and his hatred for him must be good for business.

Absolutely correct, yet they are being drawn.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,255 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Footnote: It's January 24th and Mike Tannenbaum is still unemployed.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,255 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Does anyone know who Caldwell or Telesco fired from their personnel staffs in Jax and SD?

Btw, nothing is ever going to make Francesa change. He's the most useless person in the media when it comes to the Jets and Mets. I'm actually a Yankees fan and even I get disgusted by his treatment of the Mets. He's just horrible at his job, but as long as there are people willing to listen to that fat ****, he will always have a show unfortunately.

His job is to get people to obsessively listen to and discuss his show. We should all be so awful at our jobs.

#22 Damaged89

Damaged89

shut it down.

• Members
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

People are actually upset or surprised that Francessa is trashing him? I'm shocked that anyone with the mental aptitude to use a keyboard can fail to see Francessa for what he is.

#23 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

What is he supposed to say ? Bradway is so awful I wanted to walk him out of the building the moment i got here. There will be changes. But no NFL team advertises them. This is one of the sweet meet and greets that every organization goes through.

But the JETS fandom is so jaded right now that guys like Fatcessa can say anything negative and there will part of the fandom that will be convinced its true.

Do you really think that this is the guy who's going to put the clowns to ran this franchise into the gutter and who are still with the team, in their place and do whats right? I don't.
Tank for Teddy.

#24 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Footnote: It's January 24th and Mike Tannenbaum is still unemployed.

And he's getting paid until February of 2015.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#25 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Are you really all that surprised? Francesa is a ****ing moron.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: John Idzik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users