Braves land Justin Upton

WWWWombat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, heavily influenced by the matchups the Royals used him in. He faced almost double the amount of RHs than he did left handers. Davis did not benefit from such matchups (150 RH PAs vs. 130 LH PAs), but was still better across the board. Coleman's stuff and abilities are more than fine for the role the Royals have him play.

These are pitches (all from the same outing) where Davis showed off some of that bad stuff of his:

97 MPH fastball:

1.gif

Cutter to a lefty:

4.gif

Cutter in on a righty:

7.gif

Curve for a strike:

6.gif

Curve for a strikeout:

8.gif

I would be more impressed if those weren't taken from a FanGraphs article entitled "Wade Davis: The Best Case Scenario."

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/wade-davis-the-best-case-scenario/

Gotta say that Gato looks pretty bad in this thread. How can you let chowds get the best of you like that? You're embarrassing our fan base again. Wade Davis would have fit in well on the Pirates' squads of the last 20 years though.

• 3 months later...

Meh. I expect full silence when Davis breaks out for KC's rotation this year.

Lol ... so you've been wrong on pretty much everything:

- Davis vs Teheran

- Teheran vs Delgado

- Braves/Diamondbacks trade

... other than that, all your points were great.

Belichick wins again.

Wrong, Teheran's been okay.  And Delgado has been an unmitigated DISASTER.  Don't sugarcoat.

If an ERA pushing 5 with a below average K rate is OK, then sure. Delgado's at least in one of the toughest pitching environments in the minors to do his sucking, and beyond the BB/9 I find his 2012 periphs more interesting than Teheran's 2013 ones. Not to mention Teheran is a short RH with mediocre offspeeds and fastball velocity...Yawn...I almost fell asleep just writing that out its such a boring profile. 

If an ERA pushing 5 with a below average K rate is OK, then sure. Delgado's at least in one of the toughest pitching environments in the minors to do his sucking, and beyond the BB/9 I find his 2012 periphs more interesting than Teheran's 2013 ones. Not to mention Teheran is a short RH with mediocre offspeeds and fastball velocity...Yawn...I almost fell asleep just writing that out its such a boring profile. 

After crushing it this spring training, Teheran's ERA this moment, at 8:34pm, is 4.17.  He's pitching right now against the Twinkies.  He's been far from good, but it's unfair to say he's sucked.  Delgado has been wretched all year in the minors.

After crushing it this spring training, Teheran's ERA this moment, at 8:34pm, is 4.17.  He's pitching right now against the Twinkies.  He's been far from good, but it's unfair to say he's sucked.  Delgado has been wretched all year in the minors.

Lol. So did Joe Mather once. Good to know he can handle the Twins. 

Just saying.  Wade Davis would do unspeakable things to switch lives with Julio Teheran right now.

Meh. Some regression in the HR/FB and his BB rate and he'll be fine. I'd like to see where Teheran is gong to find some strikeouts. 

I will OTOH give Teheran some props for raising his GB rate, going to his two seamer more, and limiting the free passes. He's Rick Porcello with a better D behind him, less groundballs, less fastball, and no DH to worry about. Pass. 

Archived