New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

New York Jets Mafia

New_York_Jets_logo.jpg

Back to back AFC Championship games seemed as far away as Super Bowl III now, it seemed. A team not just in disarray, but one that had become a joke took the field each Sunday and plunged the knife deeper into the hearts of Jets fans each time.

woody_johnson--300x300.jpg

Doggin94it, owner Woody Johnson and mod-confirmed not playing, stood by in utter disbelief. Back page headlines on in New York City were something the owner craved, but not like this. Not while being embarrassed on national television as fans became disgusted and, eventually, fed up. “We want them gone! Get rid of these embarrassments, fix our team Woody!!! Fix it now!!!!” Jets fans yelled from outside his office as they pelted the building with eggs, rocks with “playoff invoice” written on them, and in one instance…seemingly poop.

Woody began to sob softly. “How will I make money if the fans don’t buy my PCL’s?! Who’s going to buy $8 hot dogs if no one’s at the stadium?! How can I fix this?!”

The problem was Woody didn't know football...or sports...or a hard days work, for that matter. He only knew one thing: Money. So naturally, when he decided action needed to be taken he sent his personal assistant to find the man he felt could help the most – the man who had the most of his money.

Darrelle+Revis+Maxim+Party+Powered+Motorola+vFPcBIJ9ky-l.jpg

Injured star Hess, Darrelle Revis and mod-confirmed townie, entered Johnson’s office. “You called me in, sir?” “Yes!” Hess exclaimed, “I need your help with the football team!”

“I’ll be back in the weight room as soon as possible, you have my word. We’ll get back to our winning ways” Hess shot back confidently.

“No…I need you to help me find the ones that have made this mess. Jets fans want better than this, and we’re going to give it to them! Find who has caused this embarrassment and I’ll get rid of them!” Johnson said, seeming borderline psychotic.

“Sir…uh…can’t you just fix all this yourself? You’re the owner. Everybody answers to you.” Hess asked back, growing disinterested as he gazed outside at the tennis courts.

“Don’t be ridiculous! Maybe it’s that Tebow fella…I didn’t even want him here! Or maybe the flight crew is distracting everyone! Get rid of these jokes! Do whatever it takes. What EVER…it takes.” Johnson replied back with somewhat of an ominous tone.

“Okay…but I want more money”

It is now Day 1. With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GENERAL RULES:

Absolutely NO out-of-thread communications may be either entirely or partially quoted, screen-capped or in any other way directly provided within the game thread (summaries of PMs for purposes of role reveals is allowed, however).

We all know what the spirit of the game is, and we all know when certain actions, even if not expressly forbidden, fall outside of the spirit of the game. For purposes of this game, I have commissioner of baseball like powers to sanction conduct that violates the spirit of the game, even if not expressly forbidden, up to and including modkilling the player and lying in their role reveal. If you have any question at all whether something you plan to do crosses the line, ask me first. This is your one and only warning.

Format: We will be running a normal mafia format with lynches during the day and night actions during the night. Days will run for ***48 hours*** or until a majority is reached (unvoting after a majority will not count) - but Day 1 will not have a deadline unless there is a need for it. Night will end in 18 hours or when I receive all night actions – so if you have a night action available but choose not to use it, please PM me to tell me “no Night Action”. The clock WILL run on the weekend, unless I decide to toll the clock.

Phase: A phase is either Day or Night (in most cases), where Days usually involved voting for lynches and Nights usually involve submitting night actions, such as Night Kills.

Cycle: A complete Day and Night cycle, like Day 1 and Night 1 together make up a complete cycle. Some powers last for a complete cycle while others only for that particular phase.

Actions: Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow) . Any action not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit for that phase and I will only accept the first action submitted. Once you send in your action, that’s it! (No take backs!) So be sure of your decision! I'm here to talk it through if you need help. I will keep the Night phases open until deadline unless I receive all potential actions available for that phase. If you do not wish to use your action during a particular phase, please send me a PM stating that your intention to not use it so that I can cross you off the list.

Night Actions: These are actions that can only be submitted during the night phase. Most night actions should specifically state that it can only be used each night, but if you have any questions about this, please contact me immediately.

Inactivity: There is no official penalty for inactivity; however, any good mafia player knows that the less active the player, the more likely they are to be the next on the chopping block. So do your part to participate, you will not regret it. If you drop off entirely, or need to, let me know and I will try to replace you if at all possible. Some of you I have already spoken with about this, so if you suddenly find yourself unable to keep up, simply notify me and we can work something out.

Dead Player Posts: FORBIDDEN! If your player dies, you get one death reaction post that cannot contain any game information other than an ACK! I DIED!!! GO INNOCENTS or something.

Editing Posts: Permitted.

Quoting the Mod/Revealing Mod Pics: You may not quote anything I say in PM. You can paraphrase all you like – or lie about it, of course – but you may not post a “quote” from me in an attempt to prove your bona fides

Invisibility: It is not a requirement, but is to your advantage to use invisible mode.

Additional Notes (These are the important ones)

1 -- Feel free to game the mod all you want. All roles were selected at random, but you're more than welcome to assume I'm lying.

2 -- Feel free to character reveal. Be warned: You might not want to.

3 -- Feel free lie about...anything. It's mafia

4 -- If you have a question or complaint, come to me. That's what I'm here for.

5 -- yadda yadda

6 -- yadda yadda

7 -- blah blah

8 -- Jets suck

9 -- I'm aweosme

10 -- blah blah blah

11 -- I love lamp

12 -- Jets really suck

13 -- pointless filler

14 -- GFY

Roster

1. JiF