48 replies to this topic

#26 kelly

kelly

is dancing w/ the devil ~

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • Locationdunwoody, ga ! !

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hill needs a QB who can actually throw him the ball when he's not being triple covered.

agreed.
hopefully we can get an nfl qb this off-season.

cheers ~ ~
:cheer:
i ♥ u guys :P.. ...cheers ~ ~

#27 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,340 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Not that he needs to be a rocket scientist, but it wouldn't hurt if Hill had a brain. In every interview I've seen he comes across as a clueless dolt. I am not sure if he has the mental capacity to improve his hands and routes, let alone be consistent.

If Mario Manningham can be successful in the NFL "squirrel brained" is quite enough.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#28 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hill just doesn't seem to have to coordination yet. He has the size and speed but when you look at his coordination and agility in comparasion to a calvin johnson or andre johnson, its clear Hill is just to raw. Hopefully he adapts and progresses but I dont see him turning into much. Not with this qb roster at least
You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#29 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hill just doesn't seem to have to coordination yet. He has the size and speed but when you look at his coordination and agility in comparasion to a calvin johnson or andre johnson, its clear Hill is just to raw. Hopefully he adapts and progresses but I dont see him turning into much. Not with this qb roster at least

ugggh ,..he's still kinda young fellas....

:love0040:

#30 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,161 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Coples had a very solid rookie campaign. I truly think Davis will emerge not only as a force but as a team leader in 2013. Ask Devito who the biggest leaders were in 2012 and he'll start by naming Davis...and that's only as a bench/st guy.

Hill is a different story. His hands could become a major liability that will plague him throughout his career. But if he can fix that, a very big if, he's already shown the ability to do everything else at the pro level. So there's that.

Davis is fast. Compared to our LBs he runs like a corner. If he gets to think as fast as he moves, he will be a good one.

#31 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Davis is fast. Compared to our LBs he runs like a corner. If he gets to think as fast as he moves, he will be a good one.

I think he may end help helping us next season :winking0001:

#32 ylekram

ylekram

BLUE EYED DEVIL

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  • Locationhamden,ct.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I think he may end help helping us next season :winking0001:

i expect davis and coples to be muchmore productive next year.hopefully,hill, with a full offseason,can do more than he did last year.not a great rookie year,hopefully,he starts to get it next year

#33 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 16,804 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Lol... After Vernon ****ing Gholston we are supposed to be down on a guy for being a late boomer because his 5.5 sacks came towards the end of his rookie year?

Posted Image

#34 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

You're right. We can probably file this right between "duh" and "derr"... yet it hasn't been said.

Some guys need a stronger thrown ball to catch better, it helps them "pluck" rather than "scoop", and a lot of the drops I saw with Hill this year were alligator arm drops. He can practice on the jugs machine all week, but if his QB can't throw a spiral with velocity then all of his practice is for naught.

Ahhh. So his drops are due to Sanchez not throwing the ball in a hard spiral? Hmmm.. NFL receivers need to catch whatever is thrown at them. Also, for all his faults, Sanchez has a fairly strong arm, can make all the throws and chucks a really nice spiral. Of course he misses his targets and throws to the defense when he isn't fumbling...but throwing a nice ball has been among his strengths.

#35 The Crusher

The Crusher

Woof

• Moderators
  • 27,792 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Coples was solid and he came on strong as the year went on. Davis....I wanted to see more of him. He is a HUGE KEY next season. They need him to start.

Hill? The game plan needs to be for him to be the 4th WR at the beginning of next year. Counting on him to start is what 6 win teams look back on and regret.

Agree with Hill. Too much for a kid that raw to be forced into the situation he was with all the injuries. He needs to be able to have small successes until he gains his confidence. A more accurate passer wouldn't hurt. Tuff to work on your hands when every other ball requires a miracle catch to complete.

unclerico.gif

#36 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Lol... After Vernon ****ing Gholston we are supposed to be down on a guy for being a late boomer because his 5.5 sacks came towards the end of his ~ ~ ROOKIE ~ ~ year?

YOU GOT IT ! ! :winking0001:

#37 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Ahhh. So his drops are due to Sanchez not throwing the ball in a hard spiral? Hmmm.. NFL receivers need to catch whatever is thrown at them. Also, for all his faults, Sanchez has a fairly strong arm, can make all the throws and chucks a really nice spiral. Of course he misses his targets and throws to the defense when he isn't fumbling...but throwing a nice ball has been among his strengths.

I'd say his drops are due to his being a rookie. But Sanchez isn't doing him any favors with the way he throws.

Show me a Sanchez spiral and I'll show you a Sanchez duck. It's more than just the tight spin of the ball, Sanchez tends to throw an uncatchable ball: his speed, placement, and timing are off (more times than not).

I like the kid! He just doesn't do his receivers any favors with his ball placement...that includes our newest additions (who may have ALL the talent in the world...but we won't know when Sanchez is throwing the ball).

#38 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Lol... After Vernon ****ing Gholston we are supposed to be down on a guy for being a late boomer because his 5.5 sacks came towards the end of his rookie year?

But but but so many people had him as a bust by the first half of the season. Now you expect those people to go back on what they said. No way!

#39 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hill needs to learn how to catch. Kind of a factor when your job is to... catch.

Coples, looks high all the time. I hope he pans out.

Davis, this is the year we find out what his deal is. No Scott so, Davis show us.

#40 DLJ

DLJ

J-E-T-S!

• Members
  • 20,286 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I hope they retain Braylon for a reasonable contract. The guy wants to play here, and seems to be at his best when he does. Holmes is here another year, and Kerley is solid. Hill isn't a bad #4 in that group.

#41 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hill needs to learn how to catch. Kind of a factor when your job is to... catch.

Coples, looks high all the time. I hope he pans out.

Davis, this is the year we find out what his deal is. No Scott so, Davis show us.

i think davis is gonna step up & help us this season :winking0001:

#42 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,610 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I hope I didn't post in this thread already...Coples was arguably the fourth best player on the D and second been player in the front 7 during 2012.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#43 Matt39

Matt39

damn you're smooth

• Members
  • 20,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

I hope I didn't post in this thread already...Coples was arguably the fourth best player on the D and second been player in the front 7 during 2012.

He's going to be a player for us. Only concern are the practice habits and I know Pettine was the bad cop so hopefully Thurman doesnt let him slip up.

Edited by Matt39, 28 January 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#44 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

He's going to be a player for us. Only concern are the practice habits and I know Pettine was the bad cop so hopefully Thurman doesnt let him slip up.

he's a " keeper " :winking0001:

#45 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,340 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Really? How many snaps did he play? He made plenty of impact plays for his time on the field, but it didn't look like the trusted him much.

#46 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Really? How many snaps did he play? He made plenty of impact plays for his time on the field, but it didn't look like the trusted him much.

I did not watch a lot of games at the end of the season. I couldn't. But i was given the impression that Coples was a beast by the end of the season. Correct ?

#47 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,340 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I did not watch a lot of games at the end of the season. I couldn't. But i was given the impression that Coples was a beast by the end of the season. Correct ?

Not in my opinion. He looked like a solid first round pick to me. Not a bust does not equal beast. He wasn't even an every down player in my estimation.

#48 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Not in my opinion. He looked like a solid first round pick to me. Not a bust does not equal beast. He wasn't even an every down player in my estimation.

Not around these parts. If he is not a beast he is a BUST. No sane arguments will change that!

#49 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,610 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

IIRC he played over 500 snaps, but yeah I probably should have clarified with "on a per snap basis."

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users