Cimini: "Remember this Name: Mike Glennon

flgreen

I think you're going to see a drastic drop in production out of all three of those QBs once the NFL has an entire offseason to watch tape on them. Give me a pure pocket passer any day of the week and twice on sundays.

Chip Kelly just got hired in Philly, these offense are gaining in popularity. if the Eagles are terrible again, why not use a top 5 pick on Johnny Football to run Chip's offense? im not saying I agree with it, but it's what's gonna happen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think of Glennon? You're generally the go-to guy when discussing Carolina prospects...

well I go to North Carolina Tar Heels games, not Wolfpack. But have seen him once live and on TV a lot.

I think he has NFL talent level. He has a great arm, but needs to add 30 lbs to withstand NFL (he is 6'7"). He can make every throw needed at next level. Look at it this way ,NCSU coach let Wilson walk after he graduated (he had a yr lefy of eligibility) to Wisconsin cause Glennon threatened to leave program if Wilson came back for Graduate Year.

He makes some mental errors, but so did Russel Wilson when he played in college. Glennon is more pocket qb

It's notable that Bray had 2 possible 1st rd juniors to throw to in Patterson and Hunter.

why this post on me? I know. Just saying Bray actually, physically looks like Flacco with a huge arm to boot.

JiF called him his favorite not me. I'm just saying if I'm gambling on one of these guys I'd probably agree to put Bray on the short list with at least having potential.

^^^this

no slam dunks but Geno at least has a shot or Manuel later. Glennon beat FSU on the final drive and yet still played one of the most horrific games at QB. Clemson....Vanderbilt. He makes a beautiful throw one out of ever 3 passes. The other 2 aren't even close.

That's because "Not-Russell-Wilson" sucks, as you've eluded to. Only way more than you even know.

The Glennon hate is excessive in this thread. He does make mistakes, but he at least makes mistakes trying to push the ball down the field. In addition he suffered from an atrocious supporting cast. Not very mobile and he does make mistakes but he also flashes outstanding accuracy at points and the ability to stretch the defense with his arm. Doesn't like pressure up the middle, but will hang in the pocket and take a hit too. He's better than any QB the Jets have on the roster, that's for sure.

Meanwhile a guy like Tyler Bray who has a hideous throwing motion and is supposedly generally an ass too gets love.

It's become really popular to hate on this QB class and say nobody's going to go in the first round, but it's not too much worse than most years - it just looks really bad after last year's class with two elite QB's we don't see that often. With the new rookie wage scale and the need to have a good QB to be successful in today's NFL, teams are going to take shots on guys in the first round. The talk about a guy like Tyler Wilson even being a possibility in the third round is just silly. He's supposedly in the conversation to go #1 overall right now.

The Glennon hate is excessive in this thread. He does make mistakes, but he at least makes mistakes trying to push the ball down the field. In addition he suffered from an atrocious supporting cast. Not very mobile and he does make mistakes but he also flashes outstanding accuracy at points and the ability to stretch the defense with his arm. Doesn't like pressure up the middle, but will hang in the pocket and take a hit too. He's better than any QB the Jets have on the roster, that's for sure.

Meanwhile a guy like Tyler Bray who has a hideous throwing motion and is supposedly generally an ass too gets love.

It's become really popular to hate on this QB class and say nobody's going to go in the first round, but it's not too much worse than most years - it just looks really bad after last year's class with two elite QB's we don't see that often. With the new rookie wage scale and the need to have a good QB to be successful in today's NFL, teams are going to take shots on guys in the first round. The talk about a guy like Tyler Wilson even being a possibility in the third round is just silly. He's supposedly in the conversation to go #1 overall right now.

chances are none of these guys are going to amount to nothing but NFL backups. I don't "hate" Glennon. But Bray, at least, has a super strong arm, moreso than Glennon. Glennon is just a tall nerd in pads. He is probably the least accurate of any of these qbs. He does throw a beautiful deep pass but can't throw outside the numbers...like Tyler bray can. Jmo. I don't like either as a big time pro, just saying bray at least has the talent to play in the NFL imo. I just don't see it from Glennon...who has the build of a D3 basketball player to boot. Yeah very true though, Glennon seems like a nice kid and Bray is somewhere around Phillip Rivers and Ryan Leaf maturity

Archived