•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cimini: "Remember this Name: Mike Glennon

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#76 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,628 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

What do you think of Glennon? You're generally the go-to guy when discussing Carolina prospects...

well I go to North Carolina Tar Heels games, not Wolfpack. But have seen him once live and on TV a lot.
I think he has NFL talent level. He has a great arm, but needs to add 30 lbs to withstand NFL (he is 6'7"). He can make every throw needed at next level. Look at it this way ,NCSU coach let Wilson walk after he graduated (he had a yr lefy of eligibility) to Wisconsin cause Glennon threatened to leave program if Wilson came back for Graduate Year.

He makes some mental errors, but so did Russel Wilson when he played in college. Glennon is more pocket qb
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#77 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,803 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

It's notable that Bray had 2 possible 1st rd juniors to throw to in Patterson and Hunter.

why this post on me? I know. Just saying Bray actually, physically looks like Flacco with a huge arm to boot.

JiF called him his favorite not me. I'm just saying if I'm gambling on one of these guys I'd probably agree to put Bray on the short list with at least having potential.

#78 AVM

AVM

Anti Vick Militia President/Owner

• Members
  • 11,547 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

^^^this

no slam dunks but Geno at least has a shot or Manuel later. Glennon beat FSU on the final drive and yet still played one of the most horrific games at QB. Clemson....Vanderbilt. He makes a beautiful throw one out of ever 3 passes. The other 2 aren't even close.

That's because "Not-Russell-Wilson" sucks, as you've eluded to. Only way more than you even know.
Insert witty comment here

#79 Darrellegivesmeaboner#24

Darrellegivesmeaboner#24

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

I like Glennon the best out this year's QB draft class. I hate that Cimini wrote this though...

#80 derp

derp

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

The Glennon hate is excessive in this thread. He does make mistakes, but he at least makes mistakes trying to push the ball down the field. In addition he suffered from an atrocious supporting cast. Not very mobile and he does make mistakes but he also flashes outstanding accuracy at points and the ability to stretch the defense with his arm. Doesn't like pressure up the middle, but will hang in the pocket and take a hit too. He's better than any QB the Jets have on the roster, that's for sure.

Meanwhile a guy like Tyler Bray who has a hideous throwing motion and is supposedly generally an ass too gets love.

It's become really popular to hate on this QB class and say nobody's going to go in the first round, but it's not too much worse than most years - it just looks really bad after last year's class with two elite QB's we don't see that often. With the new rookie wage scale and the need to have a good QB to be successful in today's NFL, teams are going to take shots on guys in the first round. The talk about a guy like Tyler Wilson even being a possibility in the third round is just silly. He's supposedly in the conversation to go #1 overall right now.

#81 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Accuracy is a big concern with him despite the reports of higher than average drops from his receivers.

Edited by Stonehands, 25 January 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#82 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,803 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

The Glennon hate is excessive in this thread. He does make mistakes, but he at least makes mistakes trying to push the ball down the field. In addition he suffered from an atrocious supporting cast. Not very mobile and he does make mistakes but he also flashes outstanding accuracy at points and the ability to stretch the defense with his arm. Doesn't like pressure up the middle, but will hang in the pocket and take a hit too. He's better than any QB the Jets have on the roster, that's for sure.

Meanwhile a guy like Tyler Bray who has a hideous throwing motion and is supposedly generally an ass too gets love.

It's become really popular to hate on this QB class and say nobody's going to go in the first round, but it's not too much worse than most years - it just looks really bad after last year's class with two elite QB's we don't see that often. With the new rookie wage scale and the need to have a good QB to be successful in today's NFL, teams are going to take shots on guys in the first round. The talk about a guy like Tyler Wilson even being a possibility in the third round is just silly. He's supposedly in the conversation to go #1 overall right now.

chances are none of these guys are going to amount to nothing but NFL backups. I don't "hate" Glennon. But Bray, at least, has a super strong arm, moreso than Glennon. Glennon is just a tall nerd in pads. He is probably the least accurate of any of these qbs. He does throw a beautiful deep pass but can't throw outside the numbers...like Tyler bray can. Jmo. I don't like either as a big time pro, just saying bray at least has the talent to play in the NFL imo. I just don't see it from Glennon...who has the build of a D3 basketball player to boot. Yeah very true though, Glennon seems like a nice kid and Bray is somewhere around Phillip Rivers and Ryan Leaf maturity

Edited by HessStation, 26 January 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#83 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

AJ McCarron is a good name too. I'd love to see him on a team that wasn't so studly

You will if the Jets get him.

#84 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,518 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#85 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Wartime Consigliere

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

stock up the cupboard and prepare to nuke the field for Bridgewater

i'm all in

#86 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,420 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

stock up the cupboard and prepare to nuke the field for Bridgewater

i'm all in

I don't see it with that guy
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#87 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I don't see it with that guy

He won a bowl game.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users