One stop shopping Draft Prospect site

slats

I'm sure there will be strong disagreements about their rankings, but this looks like a nice little comprehensive site to me: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/all

Easy to toggle between positions, too, to get an idea of the strength in the draft at any one spot. Spoiler alert: it's not a strong year for QBs or RBs.

If the Jets are on the clock at #9, and Chance Warmack is the top guy on their board, I hope like hell they burn up the phone lines to move down....

If the Jets are on the clock at #9, and Chance Warmack is the top guy on their board, I hope like hell they burn up the phone lines to move down....

This is Rob Rang's site NFLDraftScout. Ratings are a good barometer of wisdom of crowds consensus. I use it for combine numbers but they didn't have the 10- and 20-yard splits last year which was annoying.

At 9 we're going to get one of the top four or five players on our board easy. Warmack isn't really even in the picture.

This is Rob Rang's site NFLDraftScout. Ratings are a good barometer of wisdom of crowds consensus. I use it for combine numbers but they didn't have the 10- and 20-yard splits last year which was annoying.

At 9 we're going to get one of the top four or five players on our board easy. Warmack isn't really even in the picture.

have a feeling Warmack is the guy if Mingo is not there...and i doubt Mingo is going to be there....

FWIW

I always wonder how each team determines their board. Do you think they look at all these sites to come up with a gist of where players rank? Or do you think they are totally independent from one another so much that their draft boards for each team are totally different. Do you think that a 3 rd round grade by say a Mel Kiper could be a top 10 pick for some team?

A better site-

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/index.php

Click on a prospect rating then regular view you can view prospects their profiles

and workouts from 1999 -2015. The Combine and workouts haven't occured yet.

You can check out prospects in other years. This is the Database that limited

CBS Draft Scout is based on

Henry!

Thanks for the link, hope all is awesome over there!

I'm sure there will be strong disagreements about their rankings, but this looks like a nice little comprehensive site to me: http://www.cbssports...nkings/2013/all

Easy to toggle between positions, too, to get an idea of the strength in the draft at any one spot. Spoiler alert: it's not a strong year for QBs or RBs.

Who is this Chance Warmack

The top rated guard in the draft.

Which means he's not going to be the top guy on our board at 9, and he's not going to be the top guy on anybody else's board either. Which obviously doesn't mean we're not going to have an opportunity to move out of the pick -- the fact that the top of the board is so lopsided with DE almost ensures that. If the end we like (1 Werner 2 Mingo 3+ undercided) isn't there then the Lotulelei or Milliner or Allen somebody else likes will be.

Which means he's not going to be the top guy on our board at 9, and he's not going to be the top guy on anybody else's board either. Which obviously doesn't mean we're not going to have an opportunity to move out of the pick -- the fact that the top of the board is so lopsided with DE almost ensures that. If the end we like (1 Werner 2 Mingo 3+ undercided) isn't there then the Lotulelei or Milliner or Allen somebody else likes will be.

whaaat?

He could be if he grades out as well as some people suspect he does, and there's a run on the best pass rushers before the Jets pick.

He could be if he grades out as well as some people suspect he does, and there's a run on the best pass rushers before the Jets pick.

Chance Warmack at 9 is something the message boards would love but not exactly an amazing 1st pick for the just hired Idzik. No one takes guards at 9.

Chance Warmack at 9 is something the message boards would love but not exactly an amazing 1st pick for the just hired Idzik. No one takes guards at 9.

I don't want him there and I hope Idzik doesn't, either. To me, Warmack being at the top of their board would be a reason to do everything they can to trade down.

With the new draft rules the draft is more about BPA than positional value than it ever has been. One of the great benefits of the rookie salary cap. If Warmack is still perceived in April like he is now then I would have no real issue with picking him.

That said, I think one of Moore, Mingo, or Ansah has a legit shot of falling to Los Yets.

A wild and carazy dream I have for this draft is that the spinal stenosis issue allows Jarvis Jones to fall into the Jets' lap in the second.

Also for those Brandon Jenkins fans out there...Tank Carradine >> Werner AND Jenkins. Unfortunately he blew out his knee, which makes him a 3rd or 4th round possibility hopefully.

Dumb reasoning imo. If Warmack is a stud, who cares about the chart.

Draft value is absurd to begin with.

Dumb reasoning imo. If Warmack is a stud, who cares about the chart.

Draft value is absurd to begin with.

it's not the value chart it's the salary. You don't need to pay a guard that much money when already paying Brick and Mangold. This isn't what you or I want done. I like Chance Warmack. The Jets don't need an 8 million dollar left guard. That's the conclusion that most rational personnel men would make. There's probably a better place to spend that money.

Look at the difference between the Werner, Mingo, Moore, Jones tier of pass rushers and Margus Hunt or Malliciah Goodman. Dee Milliner and Johnathan Banks. Keenan Allen and everybody. Now tell me the difference between Warmack and Barrett Jones or Warford is even close. The top ten is for positions where the difference between a great prospect and a good one matters most. Guard isn't one of them.

The top 10 is supposed to be where the top 10 players in the draft.

Keep in mind that Iupati and DeCastro were in drafts with a way more loaded top 10. Three QBs worthy of going #1 in that year (Luck, RG3, and Bradford), multiple LT prospects (Okung, Williams, Davis, Kalil), a couple of very strong RB prospects (Spiller and TR), a few big time DTs and DBs (Suh, McCoy, Berry, Clairborne, Haden, Barron, Gilmore)....

That said, I'm not very into the idea of Warmack of top 10. The only reason I would understand it is if he is genuinely the best player on the board at the time.

The top 10 is supposed to be where the top 10 players in the draft.

Keep in mind that Iupati and DeCastro were in drafts with a way more loaded top 10. Three QBs worthy of going #1 in that year (Luck, RG3, and Bradford), multiple LT prospects (Okung, Williams, Davis, Kalil), a couple of very strong RB prospects (Spiller and TR), a few big time DTs and DBs (Suh, McCoy, Berry, Clairborne, Haden, Barron, Gilmore)....

That said, I'm not very into the idea of Warmack of top 10. The only reason I would understand it is if he is genuinely the best player on the board at the time.

I dont think Mingo will make it to 9, who I think is awesome.

If its between Warmack and a not a sure thing pass rusher...Id go with the guy that can immediately transform our running game.

People had coulds for Iupati and ifs for DeCastro too. Guards never go top ten.

Are you arguing with me? Because I don't disagree with you. I want no part of Warmack at #9, and little interest in any first round guard.

Just saying that in a draft that's weak at the top, particularly at QB, if there were a run on pass rushers, Warmack -a guard prospect getting the best reviews I can remember- could potentially be sitting there as the BAP at #9. To me, that's a little disasterous. I'd like the Jets to find a pass rusher there, but if they'd be reaching amongst what's left, and a guy like Warmack is actually the BAP at that point, then I'd hope the Jets would burn the phone lines down to trade down.

If you still think that somehow you're disagreeing with me, feel free to continue.

I dont think Mingo will make it to 9, who I think is awesome.

If its between Warmack and a not a sure thing pass rusher...Id go with the guy that can immediately transform our running game.

I think Werner, Mingo, Moore, Joeckel, Lotulelei, and Milliner are definitely gone. They all seem like easy picks or easy trades at 9. Somebody probably reaches on a quarterback and somebody probably clears Jones. One more and we're in business, two more and we have options.

If we whiff, Warmack is in the picture. Jets and Seahawks have done pretty well with Senior Bowl guys lately so maybe Fisher and Ansah. Allen and Lacy depending on how they run. People seem high on Ogletree lately. Bunch of interesting candidates for #2 DT if there's actually any chance of going back to that well.

If you still think that somehow you're disagreeing with me, feel free to continue.

Well, then, with your leave. The disagreement doesn't have anything to do with whether either of us wants to draft Warmack at 9. It has to do with your premise. Because guards never go top ten, framing the decision to trade down in terms of whether or not Warmack is the BPA at 9 is pointless.

Not really sure who you're trying to impress with the constant, comically unwarranted condescension. Pretty easy to tug on the cape now that I don't get to have fair fights.

Archived