Please assist a fellow Jets fan

Kentucky Jet

Hello all,

I am posting here to ask for your help in aiding a fellow Jets fan.

Tim Brady (TBrady) is an admin/mod on JETS ADDICTS and has been for 15 years. Last month his 13 year old daughter went in for surgery to have a cyst removed from her brain. While the surgery was successful and the cyst removed, she had some complications. The long and short of it is she lost all of her motor skills and now has to relearn how to walk, talk, eat, dress, etc. It's going to be a long and difficult road but her doctors are opptomisitic.

Currently Tim has taken a leave from his job and moved from his home to take care of her while she is in a rehab facility in NJ. They will likely be there for 4-6 months and insurance will cover some but not all of the massive costs Tim is likely going to incur along the way. Tim recently received the first bill for over 300 thousand dollars!

Tim's friends and family have started a Facebook page attached to a Pay Pal account to raise money for them. It has been posted on JA and I thought it would be OK to post it here too since at the end of the day we are all Jet fans! The page is called Alyssa Brady Health Fund and it explains in much greater detail the situation she is going through.

I ask that you all go to FB and check it out and donate if you can. I can't think of too many better causes then to help out the little girl of a fellow Jet fan on her long road to recovery.

Thank you,

Nick R aka Kentucky Jet

This is the latest message I have received regarding Tim and Alyssa

Thanks again everyone! I still can't believe how many people have stepped up for me! I can't even thank you all enough!

I was floored when our first bill came in from the hospital so far, three pages of itemized charges totaling $212,000. And my insurance so far is only covering $38,000. I can't even believe it!

And of course more will follow. It's crazy.

As for my Daughter, she is still in rehab in New Brunswick NJ, my wife's step mother took my place before New Years so I could go back to work. But she goes home next week so I don't know what we are going to do.

She is talking better, but not great, she still can't walk or even stand on her own, her left leg moves but her left arm has absolutely no movement. So I am sure she has a long road left to get back to normal.

But thanks again for everything you have done, I really appreciate it, you guys have shown why I like to consider you all my family.

First off thank you KJ and MaxMan for helping us out. We have posted this on every Jet board we can find and the response has been wonderful. Here is the latest update from Tim. While things are improving, you'll see he is far from out of the woods so if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate everything.

Just wanted to give an update on how everything is going, after getting a little break at the hospital by my a daughters Grandma who came from Tennessee to help out, I am back in the hospital to care for my Daughter, and although her rehab has been slow, she has been making progress, she is talking better, and although she can't walk yet on her own, they have made a special walker and she can walk a little with that. The left side of her body has been getting movement with her left arm finally starting to move as well, do it is all starting to come.

This morning was a rough morning because today was the initial day they had set for her release from the hospital, unfortunately her grandma let it slip to my Daughter, and she was expecting to get to go home today, we tried to tell her that she was not ready and would have to stay longer, well she held out hope that she still would get to go home, and this morning in the bathroom she started crying because she was not going home. Right now they are hoping by mid to end of February. I took vacation but it ends Friday, my Daughter can't be left alone in the hospital, the nurses can't give her complete attention and she still can't do anything by herself. So I was initially going to take two weeks off with the Family Medical Leave Act to stay longer but I do not get paid, but I got the idea to go see a doctor to try to get disability for stress over my Daughters brain surgery and dealing with all that has come from that, so I will need to go for a physical and get the forms filled out and submitted so I can go on disability while caring for my Daughter.

There is a dinner/dance next week for my daughter. There will also be a tricky tray coming up if anyone is interested I can get you the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.  Thanks to everyone who is helping Tim out.  Just wanted to post Tim's latest update so you can see the impact your help has made...

We got good news, my Daughter has made great strides in her progress and we will
definitely be going home for good this Thursday, the best Valentines Day gift we
can get!

She still has a long way to go, will have to go to outpatient
therapy for several months , if not the entire rest of the year, but we are both
going home!!!

My Daughter has been counting down the days, she will tell

you right off she has been here for 2 months and 2 days today. Although it seems
so much longer to me.

Hey all.  Thanks to everyone who is helping Tim out.  Just wanted to post Tim's latest update so you can see the impact your help has made...

We got good news, my Daughter has made great strides in her progress and we will

definitely be going home for good this Thursday, the best Valentines Day gift we

can get!

She still has a long way to go, will have to go to outpatient

therapy for several months , if not the entire rest of the year, but we are both

going home!!!

My Daughter has been counting down the days, she will tell

you right off she has been here for 2 months and 2 days today. Although it seems

so much longer to me.

That is great news!  Glad to hear that she is going home!

I'll see if i can help with some money, if i don't, i will try to do my best, pray for her. Like a christian is my job, pleasure and necessity to do it. Keep believe in God to help her. Jesus Christ is on your side Tim Brady. I believe God have some work to you daughter and to you too. Believe me, God know what is happend to Alissa and you. HE have control of all out this.

Alissa, i think is a beautifull girl and will be a good woman on day. And the history of her life will change many peoples when she talk about this.

Alissa is a gift to you, your family and the wolrd.

God bless you Tim, and God bless Alissa and her recovery.

Has soon as possible she will talk, walk, eat and dressing clothings has fast you believe it.

Bye.

Archived