•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1st mock

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

http://www.draftdadd...D/draft2013.htm

flame away :)

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#2 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

yeah no we need a OLB that can rush wr no way, but hey we got the same scout team so be ready for a bad pic

#3 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

yeah no we need a OLB that can rush wr no way, but hey we got the same scout team so be ready for a bad pic

OLB is a problem I agree on that and if Jarvis Jones is there, it's a done deal.

but Last year WR was in awful shape. Kerley a #3 is the best wide out. Holmes was hurt, and he's got maybe 1 year left with this team. Hill can't run routes which is a problem in a west coast offense and the rest are street free agents.

#4 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,806 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

If they get rid of Holmes somehow I could see WR. Otherwise that's a huge waste. They have their supposed 1-3 receivers on the roster already. I can see a WR in the later rounds but that dude isn't the BPA and is therefore a bad decision.

#5 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yea I wouldn't like the pick. Wait for the second or third, because none of the WRs in this class are that great anyway.
Posted Image

#6 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,139 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

every year I recognize fewer and fewer names on these mocks. I used to know 25 - 28 names

so yeah whatever just don't trade up or take a DE
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#7 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,535 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I think you're reaching based on need. Allen isnt worthy of a top 10 pick. No WR in this draft is.
Posted Image

#8 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

I think you're reaching based on need. Allen isnt worthy of a top 10 pick. No WR in this draft is.

Mingo could very well be the pick here. I wanted to play around with positions a bit. Thanks everyone for feedback, it helps.

as for Allen, he's a perfect fit for the WCO, and this was probably a reaction to the Marty Morn hire. he's a solid rd1 grade from all sorts of sources. it's obviously real early but he appears to be the top WR in a fairly strong WR class.

should the Jets pass, don't see Allen getting out of the top 20. Cordarelle Patterson could run a 4.3 and become a top 10 pick as well. Patterson and Hopkins have more upside than Allen but Allen probably has more receiving talent right now.

#9 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Sorry Bit, I don't see Allen going top-ten. Maybe that's just part of me hoping we magically find our QB (somehow) this year, and pick up Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee next year, or two of the three NEXT year with some trade.

#10 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

I too do not see WR as the pick at #9.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#11 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,535 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Mingo could very well be the pick here. I wanted to play around with positions a bit. Thanks everyone for feedback, it helps.

as for Allen, he's a perfect fit for the WCO, and this was probably a reaction to the Marty Morn hire. he's a solid rd1 grade from all sorts of sources. it's obviously real early but he appears to be the top WR in a fairly strong WR class.

should the Jets pass, don't see Allen getting out of the top 20. Cordarelle Patterson could run a 4.3 and become a top 10 pick as well. Patterson and Hopkins have more upside than Allen but Allen probably has more receiving talent right now.

True but thats all the more reason I'm not taking a WR early in this draft. Plenty of solid prospects to be had in the mid rounds. Plenty. Allen would be a reach there. He provides nothing but just a solid set of skills which IMO doesnt warrant a top 10 selection. He's not the type of receiver thats going to help an average to below-average QB become better, which is more than likely what the Jets are looking at and that is the type of WR you should be taking in the top 10.
Posted Image

#12 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

the advantage of taking a WR is that he plays WR. Taking a Mingo means standing him up and teaching him to play linebacker. We all know how that can turn out.

#13 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,535 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

the advantage of taking a WR is that he plays WR. Taking a Mingo means standing him up and teaching him to play linebacker. We all know how that can turn out.

I could be wrong about this but didnt they move him to DE this season out of necessity? Didnt he play rush edge LBer last season for them and had double the sacks?
Posted Image

#14 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

I could be wrong about this but didnt they move him to DE this season out of necessity? Didnt he play rush edge LBer last season for them and had double the sacks?

he played linebacker in high school. The LSU tigers run a fairly straight forward 4-3. the best outcome would be Jarvis Jones. All of these other guys are converts.

Edited by bitonti, 28 January 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#15 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

We all know how that can turn out.

Like Ware, Suggs, Smith, McGinest, Vrabel, Woodley, Harrison, Taylor, ore-injuries Merriman, Orakpo, Kerrigan, and so on? Or you meant that one guy who sucked for the Jets?

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#16 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Like Ware, Suggs, Smith, McGinest, Vrabel, Woodley, Harrison, Taylor, ore-injuries Merriman, Orakpo, Kerrigan, and so on? Or you meant that one guy who sucked for the Jets?

how many of those were top 10 picks? without looking it up i'm guessing 1. Suggs at 10 (who was the NCAA all time sack leader) Not saying it can't work just saying it's a risk that the fans do not want to recognize.

again im not saying Keenan Allen is unbelievable player but he runs quality routes, is always open and gets tons of yac. Isn't that what we complained about for years, not having a WR who could get separation?

Edited by bitonti, 28 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#17 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Four were too ten, 7 were top 15, 8 were top 16.

#18 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Four were too ten, 7 were top 15, 8 were top 16.

Mingo certainly could be the pick at 9. Just looking at other options. DO you think the pick is 100% definitely gonna be OLB/DE?

#19 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

No but I am equally sure it won't be WR, TBH.

#20 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

No but I am equally sure it won't be WR, TBH.

why? are you saying they will address the position but not in rd 1? The WR were atrocious last year. How much longer will Holmes be a Jet? Can any of them run in the WCO? it's a legitimate concern. There are other OLB/DE in the draft, just as there are other WR. Some of those guys on your list were third rounders (Jason Taylor) and some weren't even drafted (Harrison).

by the way the free agency period will tell alot. If they sign a bunch of WR then obviously not. But if they make a high profile signing like Spencer or Barwin then they aren't gonna go DE to OLB convert at 9.

Edited by bitonti, 28 January 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#21 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

1. Yes, all of them can run in the WCO. Another non-issue we're supposed to pretend is a thing...

2. Lawrence Taylor was the Taylor.

3. "Some" is two in two categories. You can do this for any position.

4. Kerley was fine last year, Holmes was out but is fine when he's healthy, and Hill was a rookie they moved up for. They need depth, sure, but there is no WR in the draft worth the 9 pick.

5. Pass on ether of those players probably.

Edited by SenorGato, 28 January 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#22 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Look at the team, what's the biggest problem, it's not the defense or the pass rush.

#23 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

WR isn't the biggest problem either.

#24 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

WR isn't the biggest problem either.

this is a team that gave meaningful reps to Chaz Schiliens, Clyde Gates, Jason Hill, Jordan White, It got pretty bad.

#25 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

This is the same team that gave meaningful reps to Garret McIntyre and a recently off surgery Bryan Thomas without their best starter going down to injury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users