My First Jets Mock

Darrellegivesmeaboner#24

1) Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

-Pure and simply, he is the safest pick in the draft, and barring injury, he will be an All-Pro caliber OG for a long time. The O-Line last year played terrible, again, and both of our starting Guards are free agents. Need and talent come together nicely here. Worry about the value aspect of drafting a Guard in the top 10 later, when you know a guy is going to be great, take him.

2) Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

-In my eyes the best TE in this draft. He is a terrific pass catcher with all the measurables you want. He was highly productive in college and played in a pro-style offense. With our cap situation in flux, it is becoming more and more likely that Dustin Keller will not be back. If we are lucky enough to have Ertz on the board here, we should take him.

3)Alex Okafor, OLB/DE, Texas

-A very solid all around player at Texas with solid measureables and production. He is a gamer who makes the most of his talent. With terrific play recognition skills he seems to always be around the ball, and when gets there he usually makes the play. He is a true 3 down OLB, and while some may want us to go and get an elite pass rusher with an early pick, Okafor is more than capable of starting at OLB from day one and bring stability to the position.

4) Ray Graham, RB, Pittsburgh

-A dynamic, shifty runner from Pitt who has remained productive throughout his college career despite injury. Graham tore his ACL in 2011, which clearly hindered his development, but now two years removed from surgery a lot his explosiveness has returned and more is likely on the way. He will fall in the draft due to injury concerns and his small stature, but his make-you-miss and pass catching abilities make him ideal in our new WCO scheme.

5) Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU

-A highly controversial draft prospect. When Mathieu played at LSU, before the numerous suspensions and drug rehab stays, he was one the single most exciting defensive players in the country. While he is not going to be a lock-down cover guy, Mathieu is a playmaker. Probably the most adept ball stripper of any defensive back I've seen since Ed Reed left Miami, when the game is on the line he seems to always be the guy making the big play. Mathieu did not play college football this past season, and there are more than a few things that need checking into off-the-field, but Mathieu was a Heisman trophy finalist, All American, and Bednarik award winner during his time in Baton Rouge. There is a chance that he could be well off the board by now, but it would appear that many teams will be scared off by his smallish stature and off the field concerns. An potential impact player in the 5th round makes Mathieu a potential steal here, or he could simply flop out of the league in 2 years; much of this will be his own doing.

6) Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson

-Goodman was a top recruit coming out of High School, and while most consider his college career to be a great disappointment in terms of production, there is still upside here. There are work ethic issues that may need to be examined, but Goodman is a solid all around DE who plays the run well. He came on really strong at the end of the season and was nearly unblockable in his final collegiate game against LSU. With motivation (money anyone?), he could very well end up being a late bloomer who is a better NFL player than College player.

7) Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon

-A small school WR with big time production. Mellette leaves Elon with over 300 catches, 4,200 yards, and 42 TDs. He has a large 6-3 frame and plays the ball well in the air. He is a smooth athlete, despite not being a burner, knows how to get open and make a play. He could be a solid developmental guy for us if we bring him along correctly.

Thanks man! More important than who we take in the first round, we cannot afford to miss on this pick. Warmack is the most dominating Guard I have ever evaluated. Watching the BCS National Championship game was rather hilarious for me, even as a Notre Dame fan, watching Warmack destroy the ND interior. He was by the far the best player on either in team in that game.

that's not gonna happen right? a guard in the top 10? i mean yeah he's the BAP. but guards are cheap in this league. Brandon Moore was actually the 10th highest guard at 2.5 M.

the team needs OLB badly, WR badly. guard seems like a nice to have. That's not what I would do just saying NFL decision makers don't have a big history of taking players like Chance this high.

that's not gonna happen right? a guard in the top 10? i mean yeah he's the BAP. but guards are cheap in this league. Brandon Moore was actually the 10th highest guard at 2.5 M.

the team needs OLB badly, WR badly. guard seems like a nice to have. That's not what I would do just saying NFL decision makers don't have a big history of taking players like Chance this high.

I don't remember ever watching an OG have as much of an impact on an offense as Warmack had for this Alabama team. He was by far the best player on the field in BCS National Championship game. We are rebuilding next year anyway. Fixing the offensive line needs to be done no matter who the QB is. This is our best shot at having a real game changing OL in the near future when you consider our cap situation, and all the resources we will need to allocate to skill position guys...

Fixing the offensive line needs to be done no matter who the QB is.

some would say the OL Isn't broken. Compared to WR or OLB (and QB and RB) it's awesome.

and this would be a line up of LT Brick 1st round pro bowler, LG Chance 1st round guard C Mangold 1st round Pro Bowl... might be overkill. They might not need a Chance. An Alex Boone would do just fine.

Archived