Idzik willing to let Sanchez compete for starting job

Jetsfan80

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its funny because if you look at most people on this boards wish list they have us picking a LB with our first pick...

Does that mean the offensive talent isn't out there? No top 10 offensive playmakers? Trade down then? God I can't take this team!!!!!! :wild:

If he is on the roster, why the hell would anyone not want him competing to start??

If he sucks, he can't win the job, period.

You want to hand a different scrub QB the job without competing just because its not Sanchez?

Some of you people are unreal.

They are probably worried with Rex as the head coach the backups wont be given a fair shot. I think Rex is an idiot, but I think if there was actually decent backups who can actually play (unlike the clowns we had last year) that Sanchez will not win the competition. Rex probably wants to keep his job despite the turd of a roster the bean counter dumped on him last year and the salary cap mess the new GM is left with this year.

If he is on the roster, why the hell would anyone not want him competing to start??

If he sucks, he can't win the job, period.

You want to hand a different scrub QB the job without competing just because its not Sanchez?

Some of you people are unreal.

So true. The names out there like Jackson, Moore, etc might not even be able to beat out Sanchez for the starting job. So why not have a competition. Alex Smith? The guy really had one decent year in his career. He was as bad as Sanchez for years. Who knows if he'd be any good on a team like the Jets. And some rookie they find in the 3rd or 4th round, makes sense not to just hand him the job.

It's not like they are signing Drew Brees, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. And because of Sanchez's contract, he's going to be here. I also imagine they've been taking calls for Sanchez, probably before the season ended, and there haven't been any takers. Why make Sanchez feel worse than he already does if he might be the QB next season. It's not really a 'wasted' season for the first year GM. There is really no such thing as a 'wasted' season. It's a try out for a new job for Rex. it's a try out for the new GM to see if he knows what he's doing. You really only get 'wasted' years after you win a super bowl. And even then, it's not really a wasted year. More like a lost one.

So true. The names out there like Jackson, Moore, etc might not even be able to beat out Sanchez for the starting job. So why not have a competition. Alex Smith? The guy really had one decent year in his career. He was as bad as Sanchez for years. Who knows if he'd be any good on a team like the Jets. And some rookie they find in the 3rd or 4th round, makes sense not to just hand him the job.

It's not like they are signing Drew Brees, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. And because of Sanchez's contract, he's going to be here. I also imagine they've been taking calls for Sanchez, probably before the season ended, and there haven't been any takers. Why make Sanchez feel worse than he already does if he might be the QB next season. It's not really a 'wasted' season for the first year GM. There is really no such thing as a 'wasted' season. It's a try out for a new job for Rex. it's a try out for the new GM to see if he knows what he's doing. You really only get 'wasted' years after you win a super bowl. And even then, it's not really a wasted year. More like a lost one.

If Sanchez sucks as bad as everyone thinks he does, it's a moot point, he will not win the job.

False. He sucked as bad as everyone thought he did and he won the job last year. In fact, he sucked considerably worse than I thought he would.

If that is the case, we have a bigger problem than Sanchez, and that would be the HC who decides to start him if he does not beat out the competition, which I suspect is the case.

If that is the case, we have a bigger problem than Sanchez, and that would be the HC who decides to start him if he does not beat out the competition, which I suspect is the case.

? Explain and expound.

If Sanchez is atrocious, but the best QB on the roster, who do you start? We saw McElroy. He was not better. We saw Tebow. What am I missing? They all suck. We need a better QB.

? Explain and expound.

If Sanchez is atrocious, but the best QB on the roster, who do you start? We saw McElroy. He was not better. We saw Tebow. What am I missing? They all suck. We need a better QB.

Im not so sure what you are struggling with here......

Many are bitching about Sanchez even being given a chance to compete.

My post was simply saying of course he should have a chance to compete, why would he not???

If he sucks as bad as everyone says, he wont win, regardless of who is brought in to compete, period.

There is no harm in having him compete, UNLESS, Rex is such a complete and utter moron that he would give Sanchez the job, even if he is not the best QB on the roster.

Its really not that difficult, as long as you pull emotion out of the equation, which most Jet fans have a hard time doing when it comes to Sanchez.

My post was simply saying of course he should have a chance to compete, why would he not???

If he sucks as bad as everyone says, he wont win, regardless of who is brought in to compete, period.

There is no harm in having him compete, UNLESS, Rex is such a complete and utter moron that he would give Sanchez the job, even if he is not the best QB on the roster.

Its really not that difficult, as long as you pull emotion out of the equation, which most Jet fans have a hard time doing when it comes to Sanchez.

i have no problem with half your posts on this topic about sanchez. I think he should compete too (hopefully fail) but compete. But i dont think you should be telling people they are thinking with emotion when in my opinion the countless digs at rex ryan are completely out of emotion. But yea let sanchez complete and hopefully lose out to matt flynn/ moore!

I have to take emotion out of the equation, but you "suspect that isn't the case" that Rex would pull Sanchez if he had a better option? I saw Tebow suck. I saw McElroy suck. I saw Rex pull Sanchez and I saw no improvement in QB play. Still you want to blame the coach? I haven't been paying attention to people's roles around here lately. I'm not up on the community. Are you one of the Tebow people? That would explain it. Otherwise your post seems silly to me.

I have to take emotion out of the equation, but you "suspect that isn't the case" that Rex would pull Sanchez if he had a better option? I saw Tebow suck. I saw McElroy suck. I saw Rex pull Sanchez and I saw no improvement in QB play. Still you want to blame the coach? I haven't been paying attention to people's roles around here lately. I'm not up on the community. Are you one of the Tebow people? That would explain it. Otherwise your post seems silly to me.

I don't understand your point one iota.

You seem to want to argue.

its very simple.

If on the roster, Sanchez should compete, period.

The best QB should start, whomever that is, Sanchez, Matt Moore, Alex Smith, WHOMEVER.

Your talking in circles, makes me think you want to just argue, Im really not interested, I have better things to do than argue with people who either don't get it, or want to argue so they talk in circles.

I don't understand your point one iota.

You seem to want to argue.

its very simple.

If on the roster, Sanchez should compete, period.

The best QB should start, whomever that is, Sanchez, Matt Moore, Alex Smith, WHOMEVER.

Your talking in circles, makes me think you want to just argue, Im really not interested, I have better things to do than argue with people who either don't get it, or want to argue so they talk in circles.

I agree. If on the roster he should compete. Every player on the roster should compete.

Why did you add the bullsh*t blaming the coach? I want to argue with that because it is a flaming load of sh*t. You think there has been a better QB on the roster since 2009?

I agree. If on the roster he should compete. Every player on the roster should compete.

Why did you add the bullsh*t blaming the coach? I want to argue with that because it is a flaming load of sh*t. You think there has been a better QB on the roster since 2009?

He added that because he blames Rex for everything, with emotion and a willingness to argue about it.

He hates Rex. Blames him for everything.

My favorite line was: If he sucks as bad as everyone says, he wont win, regardless of who is brought in to compete, period.

As if its not possible for the Jets to sign a worse QB as a backup though we've seen it happen 4 straight seasons.

He added that because he blames Rex for everything, with emotion and a willingness to argue about it.

He didn't seem so willing to argue up there. I am often accused of "wanting to argue" on this site. What the **** else is there to do around here? We make fat jokes about Crusher, homosexual innuendo at every opportunity and argue. That's why I'm here. It's not to bemoan the loss of Fireman Ed.

My favorite line was: If he sucks as bad as everyone says, he wont win, regardless of who is brought in to compete, period.

As if its not possible for the Jets to sign a worse QB as a backup though we've seen it happen 4 straight seasons.

I wish they would of kept Stanton, Tebow was an absolute waste of time.

Rex has been the leader of the franchise for 4 years.

The franchise is a disaster.

Not sure how Rex does not take the majority of the blame for the current state of the Jets.

You want to argue that he deserves another chance? Fine, I disagree, but a case could be made since he had some semblance of success.

But to not blame him for the current state of the Jets is disregarding all reality, or ignoring any deductive reasoning.

You have said on NUMEROUS occasions, that Sanchez is without a doubt, the absolute worst QB in the NFL.

So explain to me Mr. Wizard, how the absolute worst QB in the NFL, beat out McCelroy and Tebow (both NFL QB's) when he was without a doubt worse than them?

Riddle me that batman.

He didn't seem so willing to argue up there. I am often accused of "wanting to argue" on this site. What the **** else is there to do around here? We make fat jokes about Crusher, homosexual innuendo at every opportunity and argue. That's why I'm here. It's not to bemoan the loss of Fireman Ed.

Im fine with arguing valid points, not spinning in circles for the sake of arguing.

You have said on NUMEROUS occasions, that Sanchez is without a doubt, the absolute worst QB in the NFL.

So explain to me Mr. Wizard, how the absolute worst QB in the NFL, beat out McCelroy and Tebow (both NFL QB's) when he was without a doubt worse than them?

Riddle me that batman.

Starter brah.

Rex has been the leader of the franchise for 4 years.

The franchise is a disaster.

Not sure how Rex does not take the majority of the blame for the current state of the Jets.

You want to argue that he deserves another chance? Fine, I disagree, but a case could be made since he had some semblance of success.

But to not blame him for the current state of the Jets is disregarding all reality, or ignoring any deductive reasoning.

Tannenbaum was the boss. He was the one making all the final decisions. He was the one trading away picks, overpaying Harris, Sanchez, Mangold, Holmes, etc. Tannenbaum is the man responsible for the roster, and the roster is in bad shape.

Yes, he may've relied on Rex for talent evaluation too heavily, but he's the guy who created the most top-heavy salary cap structure in the NFL, with a poor players and/or lesser valued positions significantly overpaid. It was his work that led to zero depth. I'm surprised Mike Westoff didn't choke him out before Woody got a chance to fire him.

Archived