Flacco wants 20 mill a year

Matt39

For years people been talking about how bad or overrated Joe Flacco is. Now watch people start praising him like they knew it all along. Hence the reason why when I've supported Sanchez I didnt let alot of these know-it-all's sway my opinion. I still think the Jets problem was coaching and management and less about Sanchez. I think if Flacco was a Jet he's be on the outs with us as well.

problem is Sanchez couldnt make half the throws flacco can. And the people who have said flacco is bad probably doesnt know much about football everyone on espn except skip bayless loves flacco lol

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For years people been talking about how bad or overrated Joe Flacco is. Now watch people start praising him like they knew it all along. Hence the reason why when I've supported Sanchez I didnt let alot of these know-it-all's sway my opinion. I still think the Jets problem was coaching and management and less about Sanchez. I think if Flacco was a Jet he's be on the outs with us as well.

Flacco has been inconsistent. But he's shown he could be a good QB. He's also been the best postseason QB the past few years. Maybe it all finally came together this season, who knows. He outplayed Brady last season. I dont' think he's on the same page as a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but he's a top QB in the NFL. And put Sanchez on the Ravens this season, the Ravens wind up 6-10. Sanchez makes bad decisions. He has no arm. He has no confidence whatsoever. Is that partially coaching? Yes. But it's also because Sanchez just isn't a good QB.

Remember 2 years ago when some were comparing flacco and sanchez lol. Well The Ravens got the better of that. When will the jets finally have an elite QB

You know when the Jets will get an elite QB ? When they finally decide to get elite talent.

You do not put young QB's on the field with the slop we have fielded the last few years.

Flacco has been inconsistent. But he's shown he could be a good QB. He's also been the best postseason QB the past few years. Maybe it all finally came together this season, who knows. He outplayed Brady last season. I dont' think he's on the same page as a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but he's a top QB in the NFL. And put Sanchez on the Ravens this season, the Ravens wind up 6-10. Sanchez makes bad decisions. He has no arm. He has no confidence whatsoever. Is that partially coaching? Yes. But it's also because Sanchez just isn't a good QB.

A good portion is on Sanchez, the rest is on bad scheme, no depth, no management, terrible coaching. These things are more significant than many give it credit for. Watching John Harbaugh take the safety during the SB is a move that Rex Ryan would have never EVER thought of. Because he's not as good a coach. There are things that I see from good teams that I dont see from the Jets which primarily is making good football players out of the guys you have but also recognizing that you must have depth on your team which is something that our management dept also screwed up.

Mark Sanchez has potential, but there's been no use for it so far as a Jet. Thats the problem. Congrats to Flacco though, he played out of his mind this entire playoffs. Dont want to take any credit from him.

A good portion is on Sanchez, the rest is on bad scheme, no depth, no management, terrible coaching. These things are more significant than many give it credit for. Watching John Harbaugh take the safety during the SB is a move that Rex Ryan would have never EVER thought of. Because he's not as good a coach. There are things that I see from good teams that I dont see from the Jets which primarily is making good football players out of the guys you have but also recognizing that you must have depth on your team which is something that our management dept also screwed up.

Mark Sanchez has potential, but there's been no use for it so far as a Jet. Thats the problem. Congrats to Flacco though, he played out of his mind this entire playoffs. Dont want to take any credit from him.

I agree. Even with Tebow, there could have been a ton of plays the Jets could have schemed. They could have used Tebow and Sanchez for multiple plays per game. Who knows. Running Tebow up the middle a couple times a game, if that, was pointless. It's also about balls. Rex seems to have fake balls. He's all talk. Jim stuck with Kapernick. Looks good now, but it could have gotten him fired. Rex stuck with Sanchez the entire season. Tebow sucks and we all know that, but at least the Broncos made the playoffs with him last year. I mean if it's a ground and pound system, Tebow is a far better weapon than a Sanchez who lost confidence to throw.

I don't know. Everybody says it requires an entirely different offense. Well, the Redskins and Shanahan were known to run an offense based on RG3 when? The 49ers had Alex Smith as QB. How did they suddenly switch over to Kapernick without requiring a reset button? Smith is a pocket passer. The Jets just seem to make excuses. They don't change. They don't adapt.

Rex and the Jets seem to be similar to D'Antonio. The guy is a great offensive basketball mind. Except he can't adapt. He needs players who fit into his system and if they don't, even if they are HOF type of players, he can't change. Or won't change. It seems that's the Jets and Rex. No matter who they get, if they don't fit exactly into the schemes Rex and his OC use, they won't play well.

Whatever you think of Tebow, it's obvious watching other teams, they'd probably find ways to use the guy. I really don't think Kapernick on the Jets would have made a big difference. They would have used him like they used Tebow. Run him up the middle. Maybe have him throw a pass now and again.

11 td's vs. 0 int.'s + sb ring = 20 mil per

I don't think it'll matter. I think he'll get his money from the Ravens. They'll work out some bonuses, guaranteed money, figure a way to keep it under the cap, and everybody is happy. Most of these QBs get paid big bucks and stick with their teams.

You know when the Jets will get an elite QB ? When they finally decide to get elite talent.

You do not put young QB's on the field with the slop we have fielded the last few years.

In the first two years Sanchez played we had a top 3 team except for QB. He was pedestrian at best. We had one of the best defenses, special teams, offensive lines and running games in the league which helped mask his ineptitude.

Difference is that Flacco's problems were largely mental, and he has great physical tools. Sanchez's problems are largely mental but he also lacks the physical tools to overcome them.

In the first two years Sanchez played we had a top 3 team except for QB. He was pedestrian at best. We had one of the best defenses, special teams, offensive lines and running games in the league which helped mask his ineptitude.

Seriously... The talent around him year 1 and 2 is all that's standing between him and comparisons to Lienart, Russel, and dare I say, Gholston...

Sanchez couldn't throw 11 TD's without a pick even if you gave him 4 Megatrons.

Flacco has shown 2 things over his career: 1) He can make all the throws, and 2) He is impervious to criticism, stressful situations, or anything else. He is singlularly focused on the task at hand. He may be dumb as a rock, but every great QB has had these 2 characteristics and didn't necessarily have to be the smartest guy in the room. (Ever listen to Steve Young talk? lol.)

Sanchez has none of the characteristics that could ever make him a good QB. None. He CAN'T make all the throws, and he's a little bitch when it comes to criticism and when the chips are down. Time to put any argument that the "Jets ruined him" behind us. The Jets suck as an organization, but Mark Sanchez also sucks as a QB. These ideas aren't mutually exclusive.

Difference is that Flacco's problems were largely mental, and he has great physical tools. Sanchez's problems are largely mental but he also lacks the physical tools to overcome them.

Very true. Compare Flaco's college film to his NFL play and you'll see he is exactly the same guy. Same technique, same throws from the pocket, and the same throws on the run. It's uncanny how little his game has changed, except for the mental aspect. Our guy is just plain mental, without the physical skills.

Time to put any argument that the "Jets ruined him" behind us. The Jets suck as an organization, but Mark Sanchez also sucks as a QB. These ideas aren't mutually exclusive.

LOL. So true. The Jets organization, which largely sucks, made a draft pick that sucked, for a QB who sucks, and then gave him a contract with sucks... Waddameye missin'?

Time to put any argument that the "Jets ruined him" behind us.

Remember when everyone flipped out about the Derrick Mason signing? How stupid could Tanny be? He caught 214 passes, for 2800+ yards and 19 TD's his first 3 season with Flacco as his QB.

Weapons, brah, weapons

Remember when everyone flipped out about the Derrick Mason signing? How stupid could Tanny be? He caught 214 passes, for 2800+ yards and 19 TD's his first 3 season with Flacco as his QB.

Weapons, brah, weapons

Burress sucked so much he caught 8 of Sanchez's horrid passes for TD's in '11. Holmes sucked so much he was once Super Bowl MVP and won us multiple games by himself in 2010. Yeah, we never surrounded the poor guy with talent.

Burress sucked so much he caught 8 of Sanchez's horrid passes for TD's in '11. Holmes sucked so much he was once Super Bowl MVP and won us multiple games by himself in 2010. Yeah, we never surrounded the poor guy with talent.

Traded for a top 5 pick WR, got a HOF RB in FA, drafted more offense than defense = ignored the offense and let that bundle of talent Sanchez rot.

Braylon Edwards, top 5 pick. Cut twice in the same season.

Derrick Mason- out of football.

Tomlinson- out of football.

Burress- out of football.

Woody - out of football.

Faneca - out of football.

Richardson - out of football

Thomas Jones - out of football

Whether you like the moves they made or not, the fact remains, they built around Mark and he just sucks. At one point he was throwing to, 2 former first round WR's, a first round TE and handing off to a HOF RB with an all time great FB with 3 probowlers on his OL. Still sucked yet in many eyes, the Jets never gave him any weapons.

Everybody Loves Italian personality of the day: Joe Flacco

Joe Flacco was born in Audubon, New Jersey, the son of Karen and Steve Flacco. He comes from a tightly knit Italian American family. Joe played football and basketball at Audubon High School in Audubon, New Jersey and was the starting quarterback for the Green Wave.

The Flacco family is originally from Haddon Township, New Jersey, where his parents live today. Regarded as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Flacco was listed as No. 39 among quarterback prospects in the class of 2003.[5]

In 2003, Flacco was redshirted as a freshman for a team that went 8-5, University of Pittsburg.

In 2004, he was the backup quarterback finding limited playing time behind starter Tyler Palko. He only saw action in three games against Ohio University, University of Nebraska, and the University of South Florida. He finished the season with one completion for 11 yards.

He saw his first full-time action during the 2006 season. Playing for Delaware Blue Hens Joe threw for 2,783 yards, and 18 touchdowns with 10 interceptions. Delaware struggled to a 5–6 record, and failed to qualify for the FCS playoffs.

In the 2007 season, Flacco led his team to an 8–3 regular season record while compiling 4,263 yards, 23 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He was considered one of college football's most accurate passers in 2007. Arguably his best game came against Division 1-A Navy where he threw for 434 yards and four touchdowns.

Joe showed another solid performance in the first-ever meeting against the Delaware State Hornets in the first round of the playoffs. Behind Omar Cuff's record-setting day, Flacco threw efficiently for 189 yards and a touchdown, leading the Blue Hens to an easy 44–7 victory. Flacco continued Delaware's playoff run by upsetting the Northern Iowa Panthers 39–27 in the FCS quarterfinals and upsetting the Southern Illinois Salukis 20–17 the next weekend in the semifinals. Flacco threw two touchdowns to win against both the Panthers and Salukis, but went on to lose in the championship game to the Appalachian St Mountaineers 49–21.

Joe Flacco set 20 school records during his career at Delaware.

In early September 2009, a 20- by 30-foot poster of Flacco was added to the facade of Delaware Stadium.

Traded for a top 5 pick WR, got a HOF RB in FA, drafted more offense than defense = ignored the offense and let that bundle of talent Sanchez rot.

If a top 5 pick WR and a hall of fame RB are available thats pretty telling that they are either nowhere near as good as where they were drafted or that they aren't CLOSE to in the prime of their career.

I don't know how you can tell Flacco he's not worth 20M a year when Matt Schaub is making 15.....

If a top 5 pick WR and a hall of fame RB are available thats pretty telling that they are either nowhere near as good as where they were drafted or that they aren't CLOSE to in the prime of their career.

I don't know how you can tell Flacco he's not worth 20M a year when Matt Schaub is making 15.....

The Jets made moves that were looking for a homerun. The problem was they made moves for a young QB who wasn't that kind of player. They were built to win now, didn't win, and weren't built to the strengths of their QB. And who knows what those strengths were. Rookie QBs struggle. And Sanchez was a guy who threw 20 Picks.

The Ravens have had 5 years of success. Will they continue that success ? Who knows. They have players retiring, players wanting more money, etc. But they seem to know how to replace those players. The same way the Colts have done. The Patriots. The Eagles did years ago. Good organizations replace players. The Jets just seem to lose players and continue to make excuses.

The Jets made moves that were looking for a homerun. The problem was they made moves for a young QB who wasn't that kind of player. They were built to win now, didn't win, and weren't built to the strengths of their QB. And who knows what those strengths were. Rookie QBs struggle. And Sanchez was a guy who threw 20 Picks.

The Ravens have had 5 years of success. Will they continue that success ? Who knows. They have players retiring, players wanting more money, etc. But they seem to know how to replace those players. The same way the Colts have done. The Patriots. The Eagles did years ago. Good organizations replace players. The Jets just seem to lose players and continue to make excuses.

It starts at the top. Bischotti, Newsome, DeCosta and Harbagh are just light years more competent than anyone the Jets have running their team.

Archived