Flacco wants 20 mill a year

Matt39

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez stinks. No one's ever tried to argue otherwise. But these buzzwords that you guys enjoy chortling about such as separation and weapons...are actually important in a team sport. CUmberland had no idea how to run a route. Greene had the vision of a guy with a grocery bag over his head. Schillens ran like he had lead in his cleats. These things matter do matter...Drew Brees wasnt coming in here and installing that Saints offense with CHaz Schillens, Shonn Greene or Jeff Cumberland.

Kerley is an average #3 and Keller didnt play all season. And I'll bet a decent amount of money that he's not an impact receiver on his next team either.

No one's ever tried to argue otherwise?

Now I get you. My post was a day ago and I didnt reread it.

I dont think Sanchez is any good but he'd be better than completely useless with the Falcons receivers.

I just found that statement amusing that "no one" has ever tried to argue that Sanchez isn't awful. It's been the single most argued and disputed point on this board for years.

He is useless. His stats would be better, but he is useless. Too many times we saw wide open receivers - no matter what their names or talents are - and Sanchez still missed them by plenty. If Clyde Gates or Antonio Cromartie or whoever is open and Sanchez misses an easy 1st down or TD, what difference does it make if you replace their names with Julio Jones and Roddy White? The pass would still be incomplete.

I'm not going to suggest our crappola receivers can get open as easily as theirs can, or do as much with the ball after catching it (if the pass is there), but if the pass is not there it makes little difference.

Sanchez is awful and would still be awful with a pair of pro bowl receivers and a pro bowl TE. They would make more plays on their own and bail him out more, but Sanchez would still be an awful, awful QB.

I just found that statement amusing that "no one" has ever tried to argue that Sanchez isn't awful. It's been the single most argued and disputed point on this board for years.

He is useless. His stats would be better, but he is useless. Too many times we saw wide open receivers - no matter what their names or talents are - and Sanchez still missed them by plenty. If Clyde Gates or Antonio Cromartie or whoever is open and Sanchez misses an easy 1st down or TD, what difference does it make if you replace their names with Julio Jones and Roddy White? The pass would still be incomplete.

I'm not going to suggest our crappola receivers can get open as easily as theirs can, or do as much with the ball after catching it (if the pass is there), but if the pass is not there it makes little difference.

Sanchez is awful and would still be awful with a pair of pro bowl receivers and a pro bowl TE. They would make more plays on their own and bail him out more, but Sanchez would still be an awful, awful QB.

This. Sanchez had some of the fewest drops over the last 2 years of any QB in the NFL and if you watched him play AT ALL, he missed a ton of wide open WR's. The fact that his accuracy and comp% on throws 1-10 yards was STILL under 55% pretty much says it all.

Hey, if Baltimore wants to throw excessive cash at their mediocre QB, more power to 'em.

I dont think Flacco is in the same category as a Peyton, Tom, or Aaron, but he's similar to Eli. Both have bad games, bad moments, but both seem to come up with great plays when it matters. I mean if Lee Evans holds onto a ball or a kicker makes a kick, Flacco is in the super bowl last year. This year he beat Manning and Brady. And it wasn't like the Ravens defense or team had some unbelievable game against the Broncos. It was a 38-35 final score.

The truth is, the Ravens defense is nowhere near like it was years ago. More like they are living off the past and have become more of an offensive team. When the offense was struggling for a bit and the OC got fired, the team was losing games. Years ago, the Ravens couldn't score points and still won because of the defense.

It's an offensive driven league now. Even if you have a good defense, the offense needs to show up in big games. Look at the divisional round of the playoffs. The losing teams scored 35, 31, 28, and 28 points. That means the winning teams needed to score 30 or more points. That's why the Jets can't win. It's rare to win 17-14 games these days. More like you win 30-28. And a QB who can throw a 70 yard TD Pass now and again is far more important than a RB who can get you 1-2 yards up the middle all game long. Hell, look at Adrian Peterson and his 2K yards this year. They barely made the playoffs and lost in the wildcard game. And AP had a MVP year.

No, they just had a league average pass rush this year instead of the all-world pass rush that won Eli 2 SBs.

The Giants defense wasn't 'all league' during those super bowl years. They just had great super bowl games.

I mean last year the Giants vs Patriots was one of those "worst defensive teams in super bowl history."

The Giants had a team that allowed more points than they scored as well. The 2007 and 2011 Giants teams had the worst rated defenses compared to every other super bowl winner.

The Giants have some nice names, they had two of the best played defensive performances in super bowl history. But the Giants defense stunk for most of the season. So saying Manning had great defenses is just ignoring who the Giants really were. The giants this season were really no different than last. They went 9-7 this year. They went 9-7 last year. Except they lucked into the playoffs and had another super bowl run.

No, they just had a league average pass rush this year instead of the all-world pass rush that won Eli 2 SBs.

JPP underperformed big time and the giants secondary was horrible against teams that could pass

they were second to last in the league in yards allowed despite that dominating game against Green Bay (one of the leagues top 5 offenses) and that 26-3 win over San Francisco (the best team in the league).

JPP underperformed big time and the giants secondary was horrible against teams that could pass

they were second to last in the league in yards allowed despite that dominating game against Green Bay (one of the leagues top 5 offenses) and that 26-3 win over San Francisco (the best team in the league).

The Giants, Eli, and Coughlin are the same team since 2007, maybe before. They are a super bowl team one week, a terrible team the next. Hell, there are some games where they are horrible the first half, great in the 4th quarter. Remember last year, the Giants and Eli sucked for most of the game, and they had to come back in the 4th quarter to win games. You can't really win like that all the time. Sometimes the lucky breaks just don't happen.

Yeah. Actually making the playoffs the past couple years has me all mediocerd out.

since I was born the Bengals have had 11 seasons of five or less wins. the Jets have only had six. Cincy is truly one of the few 2 or 3 teams i pity more than the Jets....but i respect the fact you post here so no disrespect lol

Flacco is a top 10-12 QB for sure

not that he's in the Manning/Brees/Rodgers/Brady crew

The Giants, Eli, and Coughlin are the same team since 2007, maybe before. They are a super bowl team one week, a terrible team the next. Hell, there are some games where they are horrible the first half, great in the 4th quarter. Remember last year, the Giants and Eli sucked for most of the game, and they had to come back in the 4th quarter to win games. You can't really win like that all the time. Sometimes the lucky breaks just don't happen.

same team?

lmao did you not notice the entire WR/TE core changed? that's something that affects the QB unless he's a great QB and they have a great coach.

2007 was Plaxico, old man Toomer, Kevin Boss and rare but important involvement by David Tyree

2012? Cruz, Nicks, Manningham, Ballard and something called a "Bear Pascoe" (sounds like a gay bar in Dallas)

also 2007 team had Strahan to lead them emotionally (a la Ray Lewis this year in Baltimore)

edit: and they beat the Patriots both times as underdogs....lucky???????

same team?

lmao did you not notice the entire WR/TE core changed? that's something that affects the QB unless he's a great QB and they have a great coach.

2007 was Plaxico, old man Toomer, Kevin Boss and rare but important involvement by David Tyree

2012? Cruz, Nicks, Manningham, Ballard and something called a "Bear Pascoe" (sounds like a gay bar in Dallas)

also 2007 team had Strahan to lead them emotionally (a la Ray Lewis this year in Baltimore)

edit: and they beat the Patriots both times as underdogs....lucky???????

Not the same player, but same mentality. Maybe that's on the coach and QB.

They show up one week and they don't show up the next. When you beat down the 49ers and don't even show up against the Falcons, that is the same team. They've been that team since Coughlin and Eli were around.

I never said they were lucky. I said they had an avg defense most of these years who had great games in the super bowl.

But it is about lucky bounces because of that same mentality. Last year they went 9-7 and won a super bowl. This year they went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Sometimes the luck does run out. When you depend on Eli making great plays at the end of games, a receiver making great catches at the end of a game, etc etc etc, and sometimes spectacular plays at that, everything has to work in your favor to win. And when it doesn't, you miss the playoffs. And there are no runs to be had.

That is the Giants. That's been the Giants. They start 6-2 and look like the best team in the NFL, and they wind up 9-7 and struggle to just make the playoffs.

Not the same player, but same mentality. Maybe that's on the coach and QB.

They show up one week and they don't show up the next. When you beat down the 49ers and don't even show up against the Falcons, that is the same team. They've been that team since Coughlin and Eli were around.

I never said they were lucky. I said they had an avg defense most of these years who had great games in the super bowl.

But it is about lucky bounces because of that same mentality. Last year they went 9-7 and won a super bowl. This year they went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Sometimes the luck does run out.

sorry i think it was Madmike who called them lucky

either way you don't get lucky by winning a SB but you can get lucky by making it INTO the playoffs

the only sports championship i'll call lucky is the 2008-2009 LA Lakers who only won the title because Kevin Garnett got injured before the playoffs began and an incredibly lucky Orlando team squeaked by the C's.

and the cheating Patriots of course ;)

Remember 2 years ago when some were comparing flacco and sanchez lol. Well The Ravens got the better of that. When will the jets finally have an elite QB

Flacco has pretty much been the best QB in the NFL when it comes to the postseason the last few years. And this year he was Montana like.

For years people been talking about how bad or overrated Joe Flacco is. Now watch people start praising him like they knew it all along. Hence the reason why when I've supported Sanchez I didnt let alot of these know-it-all's sway my opinion. I still think the Jets problem was coaching and management and less about Sanchez. I think if Flacco was a Jet he's be on the outs with us as well.

Archived