•  

Photo
- - - - -

Tannenbaum says Tebow was his idea (although he confuses the pronoun we)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ex-Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum took full responsibility and confirmed that the Tim Tebow trade was his idea.

"It's just a trade that didn't work out," Tannenbaum said. "Ultimately that was my decision to trade for Tim. We thought there was a role for him. We thought it would give us a chance to make our offense more dynamic." Tannenbaum confirms that owner Woody Johnson was initially reluctant, but the trio, along with head coach Rex Ryan, pursued it and made the deal happen. Hopefully this puts the Tebow drama to bed. He's fully expected to be released by the Jets this offseason.

Source: ESPN New York

Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#2 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Does he realize he doesn't have to jump at bullets already aimed at him?

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#3 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,015 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Does he realize he doesn't have to jump at bullets already aimed at him?

covering for a owner is always healthy for future nfl employment.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#4 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

He said it was ultimately his decision, yeah.. he's the GM. But still doesn't sound like it was his idea. Either way, doesn't matter.

#5 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

He said it was ultimately his decision, yeah.. he's the GM. But still doesn't sound like it was his idea. Either way, doesn't matter.

Sounds like Rex was in on it too, with how much running QB's give his defense a problem.

Here, you have a coach who has a blind spot to what works against him, but can't make it work for him.

He is like the catcher that can't hit the curveball, so call for it all the time and is amazed when they get deposited in the bullpen.
LOL ignorance is bless.

#6 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Gotta be awkward doing press interviews while you're passing out resumes to anyone in a suit.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#7 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Gotta be awkward doing press interviews while you're passing out resumes to anyone in a suit.

It's just got to be awkward not being able to expense breakfast at the Roscoe Diner.
LOL ignorance is bless.

#8 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Woody says he was reluctant. Rex didn't care to use the kid all season. This one falls squarely onto the shoulders of the recently unemployed Tannenschmuck.

#9 Skeet Ulrich

Skeet Ulrich

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Tannenbaum was on with Francesa down in NO. Good interview; there is no doubt in my mind that MT was feeding the Sports Pope insider info on the Jets.

#10 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Tannenbaum was on with Francesa down in NO. Good interview; there is no doubt in my mind that MT was feeding the Sports Pope insider info on the Jets.

He's a ****ing cockroach.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#11 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

covering for a owner is always healthy for future nfl employment.

Thats true. Right now the best role Tanny can play is that of a punching bag.

#12 Ken Shroy

Ken Shroy

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • LocationLong Island - Florida

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Mr T owns it. But thats it for me, I dont need to hear about this nonsense anymore.

#13 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,955 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Sounds like Rex was in on it too, with how much running QB's give his defense a problem.

Here, you have a coach who has a blind spot to what works against him, but can't make it work for him.

He is like the catcher that can't hit the curveball, so call for it all the time and is amazed when they get deposited in the bullpen.

Sure. Rex Ryan defenses have a ton of trouble with ground and pound offenses. Makes perfect sense.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#14 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Sure. Rex Ryan defenses have a ton of trouble with ground and pound offenses. Makes perfect sense.

They sure did this year.

And a "pistol" read defense is very different than ground and pound.

Edited by Scott Dierking, 29 January 2013 - 06:40 PM.

LOL ignorance is bless.

#15 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

meh, sounds like what we expected. Tannenbaum pitched it, Rex bit, and sporano could make it work. After the previous year sh!t show on offense Rex was probably more open to changes on offense and having a back up/another option not named Brunell sounded REALLY good at the time.

I wasnt on board with the fish cast off HC coming here but I am liking the MM direction @ OC. all we need is...wait for it....weapons!!! I have faith in MM drawing up a game plan, now he needs some ingredients to bake the cake.

#16 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Ex-Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum took full responsibility and confirmed that the Tim Tebow trade was his idea.

"It's just a trade that didn't work out," Tannenbaum said. "Ultimately that was my decision to trade for Tim. We thought there was a role for him. We thought it would give us a chance to make our offense more dynamic." Tannenbaum confirms that owner Woody Johnson was initially reluctant, but the trio, along with head coach Rex Ryan, pursued it and made the deal happen. Hopefully this puts the Tebow drama to bed. He's fully expected to be released by the Jets this offseason.

Source: ESPN New York

Yeah, Im not buying this one bit.

Complete BS, Tanny is trying to make himself look good for a new job, hoping any owner will know the real deal and this will make him look good to other owners.

#17 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

its funny how the guy can come out and tell you it was his idea and woody had to be persuaded and people still believe what they want to believe really happened. accept it....woody didn't force tebow on the team to sell psl's and jerseys.

#18 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Thats true. Right now the best role Tanny can play is that of a punching bag.

yep....th ebest chance he has at landing a new job is to continually remind people how much he sucked and convinced his prior team to make ridiculously stupid personnel decisions

Edited by neckdemon, 29 January 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#19 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Funny how there is an established "truth" on this forum that is impervious to evidence. Someone decided that it was Johnson, therefore, it was him, no matter what anyone says or does..

LOL neckdemon I hadn't read your post, I think you said the same thing.

Edited by stoicsentry, 29 January 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#20 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

How did this guy keep an NFL GM job? He's completely clueless.
Tank for Teddy.

#21 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

conspiracy theories much?

#22 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

yep....th ebest chance he has at landing a new job is to continually remind people how much he sucked and convinced his prior team to make ridiculously stupid personnel decisions

He has not been hired by any other organization. That's why you do not see any Sparano interviews. If he is hired by another organization from here on it will be based on the goodwill he establishes and the feedback that hiring organization receives from Woody not some damn radio interview. The wealthy do perceive royalty as a great attribute to possess..

#23 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

conspiracy theories much?

Right? I don't like woody and I'm not wild about Rex right now, but damn! Everybody says it was tannys idea and then tanny says it was his idea and yet...it's it tannys idea. Really? Sometimes reality is just what it appears to be. Nothing more.

#24 spjets

spjets

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 6,343 posts
  • Locationiron station NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Tanny will be on Mike and Mike this morning

#25 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Right? I don't like woody and I'm not wild about Rex right now, but damn! Everybody says it was tannys idea and then tanny says it was his idea and yet...it's it tannys idea. Really? Sometimes reality is just what it appears to be. Nothing more.

There is nooooooooooooo fuuuuuuuuuuucking wayyyyyyyyy that Boy Abacus single-handedly conceived of and executed a trade for the most polarizing player in the sport. Tannenbaum sucked at his job, but he's not stupid. He's not sticking his own neck out like that when he can easily stick someone else under the guillotine. When he says "ultimately, it was my call," all he's doing is handing out the old management cliche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users