Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tannenbaum says Tebow was his idea (although he confuses the pronoun we)

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ex-Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum took full responsibility and confirmed that the Tim Tebow trade was his idea.

"It's just a trade that didn't work out," Tannenbaum said. "Ultimately that was my decision to trade for Tim. We thought there was a role for him. We thought it would give us a chance to make our offense more dynamic." Tannenbaum confirms that owner Woody Johnson was initially reluctant, but the trio, along with head coach Rex Ryan, pursued it and made the deal happen. Hopefully this puts the Tebow drama to bed. He's fully expected to be released by the Jets this offseason.

Source: ESPN New York

Posted · Report post

Does he realize he doesn't have to jump at bullets already aimed at him?

Posted · Report post

Does he realize he doesn't have to jump at bullets already aimed at him?

covering for a owner is always healthy for future nfl employment.

Posted · Report post

He said it was ultimately his decision, yeah.. he's the GM. But still doesn't sound like it was his idea. Either way, doesn't matter.

Posted · Report post

He said it was ultimately his decision, yeah.. he's the GM. But still doesn't sound like it was his idea. Either way, doesn't matter.

Sounds like Rex was in on it too, with how much running QB's give his defense a problem.

Here, you have a coach who has a blind spot to what works against him, but can't make it work for him.

He is like the catcher that can't hit the curveball, so call for it all the time and is amazed when they get deposited in the bullpen.

Posted · Report post

Gotta be awkward doing press interviews while you're passing out resumes to anyone in a suit.

Posted · Report post

Gotta be awkward doing press interviews while you're passing out resumes to anyone in a suit.

It's just got to be awkward not being able to expense breakfast at the Roscoe Diner.

Posted · Report post

Woody says he was reluctant. Rex didn't care to use the kid all season. This one falls squarely onto the shoulders of the recently unemployed Tannenschmuck.

Posted · Report post

Tannenbaum was on with Francesa down in NO. Good interview; there is no doubt in my mind that MT was feeding the Sports Pope insider info on the Jets.

Posted · Report post

Tannenbaum was on with Francesa down in NO. Good interview; there is no doubt in my mind that MT was feeding the Sports Pope insider info on the Jets.

He's a ****ing cockroach.

Posted · Report post

covering for a owner is always healthy for future nfl employment.

Thats true. Right now the best role Tanny can play is that of a punching bag.

Posted · Report post

Mr T owns it. But thats it for me, I dont need to hear about this nonsense anymore.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like Rex was in on it too, with how much running QB's give his defense a problem.

Here, you have a coach who has a blind spot to what works against him, but can't make it work for him.

He is like the catcher that can't hit the curveball, so call for it all the time and is amazed when they get deposited in the bullpen.

Sure. Rex Ryan defenses have a ton of trouble with ground and pound offenses. Makes perfect sense.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sure. Rex Ryan defenses have a ton of trouble with ground and pound offenses. Makes perfect sense.

They sure did this year.

And a "pistol" read defense is very different than ground and pound.

Edited by Scott Dierking

Posted · Report post

meh, sounds like what we expected. Tannenbaum pitched it, Rex bit, and sporano could make it work. After the previous year sh!t show on offense Rex was probably more open to changes on offense and having a back up/another option not named Brunell sounded REALLY good at the time.

I wasnt on board with the fish cast off HC coming here but I am liking the MM direction @ OC. all we need is...wait for it....weapons!!! I have faith in MM drawing up a game plan, now he needs some ingredients to bake the cake.

Posted · Report post

Ex-Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum took full responsibility and confirmed that the Tim Tebow trade was his idea.

"It's just a trade that didn't work out," Tannenbaum said. "Ultimately that was my decision to trade for Tim. We thought there was a role for him. We thought it would give us a chance to make our offense more dynamic." Tannenbaum confirms that owner Woody Johnson was initially reluctant, but the trio, along with head coach Rex Ryan, pursued it and made the deal happen. Hopefully this puts the Tebow drama to bed. He's fully expected to be released by the Jets this offseason.

Source: ESPN New York

Yeah, Im not buying this one bit.

Complete BS, Tanny is trying to make himself look good for a new job, hoping any owner will know the real deal and this will make him look good to other owners.

Posted · Report post

its funny how the guy can come out and tell you it was his idea and woody had to be persuaded and people still believe what they want to believe really happened. accept it....woody didn't force tebow on the team to sell psl's and jerseys.

Thats true. Right now the best role Tanny can play is that of a punching bag.

yep....th ebest chance he has at landing a new job is to continually remind people how much he sucked and convinced his prior team to make ridiculously stupid personnel decisions

Edited by neckdemon

Funny how there is an established "truth" on this forum that is impervious to evidence. Someone decided that it was Johnson, therefore, it was him, no matter what anyone says or does..

LOL neckdemon I hadn't read your post, I think you said the same thing.

Edited by stoicsentry

Posted · Report post

How did this guy keep an NFL GM job? He's completely clueless.

Posted · Report post

conspiracy theories much?

Posted · Report post

yep....th ebest chance he has at landing a new job is to continually remind people how much he sucked and convinced his prior team to make ridiculously stupid personnel decisions

He has not been hired by any other organization. That's why you do not see any Sparano interviews. If he is hired by another organization from here on it will be based on the goodwill he establishes and the feedback that hiring organization receives from Woody not some damn radio interview. The wealthy do perceive royalty as a great attribute to possess..

Posted · Report post

conspiracy theories much?

Right? I don't like woody and I'm not wild about Rex right now, but damn! Everybody says it was tannys idea and then tanny says it was his idea and yet...it's it tannys idea. Really? Sometimes reality is just what it appears to be. Nothing more.

Posted · Report post

Tanny will be on Mike and Mike this morning

Posted · Report post

Right? I don't like woody and I'm not wild about Rex right now, but damn! Everybody says it was tannys idea and then tanny says it was his idea and yet...it's it tannys idea. Really? Sometimes reality is just what it appears to be. Nothing more.

There is nooooooooooooo fuuuuuuuuuuucking wayyyyyyyyy that Boy Abacus single-handedly conceived of and executed a trade for the most polarizing player in the sport. Tannenbaum sucked at his job, but he's not stupid. He's not sticking his own neck out like that when he can easily stick someone else under the guillotine. When he says "ultimately, it was my call," all he's doing is handing out the old management cliche.