Marshall Faulk: "I'll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl."

JetsFanInDenver

As far as the tapes go, it would be a bit disingenuous of Goodell to slap the Patriots' hands for taping the signals and then give them to ESPN to show the world the Patriots taping were just taping signals. Think any coach that was taped would appreciate his signals being broadcast for every opponent to see? Doubt it. Plus, it is not exactly like Goodell could give them back. Destroying them was the right thing to do.

:rl:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

culture of cheating

mysterious extra frequency

opponents QB headsets go out in the 4th quarter

ballboys looking at whiteboards after halftime

culture of cheating

nobody resents the winning, because everybody knows it's BS and nobody takes it seriously, except jim nantz of course

go ahead. go to a ravens board and brag about the winning

then come back here and post a link so we can see your ass get flamed to oblivion by "bitter jets fans"

lol

I am not wrong. If you had an actual rebuttal, you would say it. You do not.

there is only one reason an authority destroys evidence, rather than the defendant. it's because the evidence threatens the institution itself.

your argument is weak. chowds are always saying "everybody did it and it didn't help anyway " so why would a coordinator care if his signals were exposed ?

the crux of the issue was using taped signals during the same game you were playing. duuuuuuuh

how convenient of a chowd to forget that

duuuuuuuh

there is only one reason an authority destroys evidence, rather than the defendant. it's because the evidence threatens the institution itself.

your argument is weak. chowds are always saying "everybody did it and it didn't help anyway " so why would a coordinator care if his signals were exposed ?

the crux of the issue was using taped signals during the same game you were playing. duuuuuuuh

how convenient of a chowd to forget that

duuuuuuuh

Sorry, you are wrong.

The issue they had was using a camera and while being on the field.

Again, JN is asking "why didn't they give it to ESPN so they can show us it is nothing." This is absolutely moronic. "Ok Bob, we are going to dock you a first round draft pick, fine the team $500K and Bill Belichick $500K." Bob, "Roger I saw ESPN showing the tapes this morning." Rober, "Well we did not want the messageboard conspiracy crowd to have any ammunition for claiming a conspiracy." Bob, "So they tapes are illegal for Bill to use, but you are showing them to the world.......mmmmmokay.."

Seriously, do you not see how stupid that sounds?

As I said above, the Patriots were dummies for getting caught and they were punished for it.

As far as the tapes go, it would be a bit disingenuous of Goodell to slap the Patriots' hands for taping the signals and then give them to ESPN to show the world the Patriots taping were just taping signals. Think any coach that was taped would appreciate his signals being broadcast for every opponent to see? Doubt it. Plus, it is not exactly like Goodell could give them back. Destroying them was the right thing to do.

You cannot make this stuff up.

And then the response:

I am not wrong.

:rl:

Sorry, you are wrong.

The issue they had was using a camera and while being on the field.

Again, JN is asking "why didn't they give it to ESPN so they can show us it is nothing." This is absolutely moronic. "Ok Bob, we are going to dock you a first round draft pick, fine the team $500K and Bill Belichick $500K." Bob, "Roger I saw ESPN showing the tapes this morning." Rober, "Well we did not want the messageboard conspiracy crowd to have any ammunition for claiming a conspiracy." Bob, "So they tapes are illegal for Bill to use, but you are showing them to the world.......mmmmmokay.."

Seriously, do you not see how stupid that sounds?

As I said above, the Patriots were dummies for getting caught and they were punished for it.

no. as has been mentioned, signals are easy to tape, and everybody knows everybody else's signals. what got the pats in trouble was taping them and then using that in the same game. do you really think belicheats "halftime adjustments" are because he is so clever ? really ?

lol

no. as has been mentioned, signals are easy to tape, and everybody knows everybody else's signals. what got the pats in trouble was taping them and then using that in the same game. do you really think belicheats "halftime adjustments" are because he is so clever ? really ?

lol

This is the same guy who gives married woman shoe boxes of cash for sex. Very clever.

lol

Again, you are wrong.

While that is part of the rule, that is not what they broke.

Please tell me how this helped them during the game?

Cheating-Pumpkin-Eaters.jpg

The part of the rule they broke was the camera usage.

Here is an interview Jimmie had with WFAN. Mea Culpa on his correct association with the Chiefs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one slipped through the cracks, but during Super Bowl week, former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson told WFAN that he used cameras to steal signals all the time.

Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

624px-Genius-meme.png

Jimmie Johnson has no credibility on this issue as he is Belichick's offseason fishing buddy. Of course he is going to cover for his pal.

Jimmie Johnson has no credibility on this issue as he is Belichick's offseason fishing buddy. Of course he is going to cover for his pal.

What is included in all the threads like this? Someone saying, "the titles are not legit."

If the titles were indeed suspected of not being legit, not anti-New England Patriots messageboard sychophants, but in the NFL community. Would he admit, like he did above, to camera usage and de-legitimizing his titles? No f'ing way.

What is included in all the threads like this? Someone saying, "the titles are not legit."

If the titles were indeed suspected of not being legit, not anti-New England Patriots messageboard sychophants, but in the NFL community. Would he admit, like he did above, to camera usage and de-legitimizing his titles? No f'ing way.

Weak spin. Johnson is going out of his way to minimize the impact of what Belichick did. By acting like its no big deal he makes it seem like the integrity of the game remains unquestioned. The problem is, if it really was no big deal and it was against the rules, why did Johnson and Belichick do it? Seems to me the risk was not worth the reward if the end result is people questioning the legitimacy of you championships for eternity.

Belichick and Johnson can tell themselves no one really cares all they want but outside of New England, the majority of fans see a big fat asterisk next to those titles, as do a lot of the players from that era. Marshall Faulk ain't the only one. Ask Terrell Suggs what he thinks about it.

Weak spin. Johnson is going out of his way to minimize the impact of what Belichick did. By acting like its no big deal he makes it seem like the integrity of the game remains unquestioned. The problem is, if it really was no big deal and it was against the rules, why did Johnson and Belichick do it? Seems to me the risk was not worth the reward if the end result is people questioning the legitimacy of you championships for eternity.

Belichick and Johnson can tell themselves no one really cares all they want but outside of New England, the majority of fans see a big fat asterisk next to those titles, as do a lot of the players from that era. Marshall Faulk ain't the only one. Ask Terrell Suggs what he thinks about it.

No, it is not.

If as you said, "people questioning the legitimacy of your championships for eternity" and "players from that era questioning it", you do not say "yes we did it", because not only do you de-legitimize your titles. You de-legitimize all your players. They are friends, but from all I have seen on Jimmy is he loves his players and would not do that.

Again, outside of the messageboard crowd, no one cares.

No, it is not.

If as you said, "people questioning the legitimacy of your championships for eternity" and "players from that era questioning it", you do not say "yes we did it", because not only do you de-legitimize your titles. You de-legitimize all your players. They are friends, but from all I have seen on Jimmy is he loves his players and would not do that.

Again, outside of the messageboard crowd, no one cares.

Except this thread was started in response to a HALL OF FAME PLAYER questioning the legitimacy of those championships. :Nuts:

I WIN.

END THREAD.

Again, you are wrong.

The hilarious thing about this is that cheat fans will have you believe that their team is smarter than everyone else but in the same breath they can't possibly believe that they could be smart enough take advantage of the information they gained by cheating or that once they have proven to be cheaters that they would do it again in other ways.

The hilarious thing about this is that cheat fans will have you believe that their team is smarter than everyone else but in the same breath they can't possibly believe that they could take advantage of the information they gained by cheating or that once they have proven to be cheaters that they would do it again in other ways.

Yes, I love this argument too - the "Bill Belichick is a football genius who knows less about football than the average bandwagon Pats fan" debate.

The hilarious thing about this is that cheat fans will have you believe that their team is smarter than everyone else but in the same breath they can't possibly believe that they could be smart enough take advantage of the information they gained by cheating or that once they have proven to be cheaters that they would do it again in other ways.

Why do all teams steal signals? To enhance their ability to win.

Again, you are missing the forest for the trees. The Patriots were not penalized for stealing signals. Even Roger said that is a part of the game. They were penalized for using a camera on the field.

Did they get something out of it? They did it for a reason, but it is nto illegal to steal signals. Only record them on an electronic recording device.

Again, you are wrong.

he is not the camera guy in question. that was a funny pic to bust chowd balls with, but that is a TV camera, not belicheats spycam. even belicheat isn't that stupid to have a guy out in the open like that. c'mon dude. don't bring weak sh*t like that to the discussion

"In the interview, Belichick also addressed his interpretation of Article 9 of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws, which the Patriots were penalized for violating. Belichick believed the taping was legal as long as the tape wasn't used during the same game, saying "my interpretation was that you can't utilize anything to assist you during that game. What our camera guys do is clearly not allowed to be used during the game and has never been used during that game that it was shot."[7] He also added the team using the tapes for "halftime adjustments" was "never, never" the case. Once the Patriots were penalized, Belichick said, "the practice was immediately stopped."[7] He also issued an apology for not contacting the league regarding his interpretation of a "gray area" in the rule and called the incident "my responsibility."[7]

I'm sure you believe him. I'm sure he's telling the truth. I'm sure that had nothing to do with why the evidence was destroyed

lol

here it is btw, the missing tapes

(the guy with the binoculars is les moonves, CBS sports boss, and the reason why nantz always sucks brady shaft during jets games, his boss loves krafty)

Ben Johnson was only doing what everybody else was doing.... PEDs didn't really help him.

Lance Armstrong was only doing what everybody else was doing. Except him and his team of bandits did it better so they weren't caught.

It didn't do anything for him.

Come on now. Nobody cheats and continues to do it because it doesn't work. It's like some kid in college stealing his roommates reports or copying his answers on a test. If it didn't help you, you wouldn't continue doing it.

Archived