Marshall Faulk: "I'll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl."

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but at least I wont be crying about something from 11 years ago that didnt impact my team.

How do you know it did not impact your team. That's the stupidity of people they cannot fully grasp the consequences of how it impacted the game!

Health insurance. And Im no longer in debt. Best 2 reasons to get married.

Sugar mommy! Now we know why you are so bent to please!

How do you know it did not impact your team. That's the stupidity of people they cannot fully grasp the consequences of how it impacted the game!

Sugar mommy! Now we know why you are so bent to please!

You're making huge leaps about a story that may or may not have been true.

And yes, she is my sugar momma. And since youre blind, Im not defending the Pats. Im making fun of stupid people who are still stuck on the pats and their cheating 11 years later.

You're making huge leaps about a story that may or may not have been true.

And yes, she is my sugar momma. And since youre blind, Im not defending the Pats. Im making fun of stupid people who are still stuck on the pats and their cheating 11 years later.

Im not an asshat who whines and cries about the patriots and their cheating ways. I move on and stop caring about useless crap from the past. Wish you and all other jet fans would too. Makes us look bitter and pathetic.

I was just giving you grief on the sugar momma stuff. Wish you the best in your life.

If you do not look back you can never punish any crime or any incident of cheating. Heck many of the same people who are for moving on are the ones who want Barry Bonds to be punished. If we had just moved on Lance Armstrong would still be a champion. This people were not stupid. They caught a cheater because they looked into it more than a decade after he won his first title. So save me the forward looking BS. .

There a lot of people who want someone to look back at misuse or abuse of something and get to the truth about that something that led to gaining the illegal edge. I will leave you with comment of one such poster

Amazing to me the writers are high and mighty about PED's but completely overlook and refuse to comment on the use of amphetamines in the 60's, 70's 80's, and 90's

I was just giving you grief on the sugar momma stuff. Wish you the best in your life.

If you do not look back you can never punish any crime or any incident of cheating. Heck many of the same people who are for moving on are the ones who want Barry Bonds to be punished. If we had just moved on Lance Armstrong would still be a champion. This people were not stupid. They caught a cheater because they looked into it more than a decade after he won his first title. So save me the forward looking BS. .

There a lot of people who want someone to look back at misuse or abuse of something and get to the truth about that something that led to gaining the illegal edge. I will leave you with comment of one such poster

:rl:

So you're as pathetic as baseball writers and other people wanting to punish people after the fact? Awesome for you. Obviously you missed the point of the post you pulled from another thread. I didnt say they should, I said the writers who are high and mighty now failed in not employing the same standard to the past.

Enjoy your pathetic life harping on the patriots "cheating" 11 years ago. Im a negative asshat, but i will never be someone who keeps whining and crying because a team may have cheated to win a game. Lots of teams cheat and win. And we move on with life.

So you're as pathetic as baseball writers and other people wanting to punish people after the fact? Awesome for you. Obviously you missed the point of the post you pulled from another thread. I didnt say they should, I said the writers who are high and mighty now failed in not employing the same standard to the past.

Enjoy your pathetic life harping on the patriots "cheating" 11 years ago. Im a negative asshat, but i will never be someone who keeps whining and crying because a team may have cheated to win a game. Lots of teams cheat and win. And we move on with life.

Nice way to deflect of the Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong issue.

Here is another thread and quote from a guy who keeps whining and crying about what happened in the past.

I identified 3 years as showing major changes, 1995, 1998, and 2000 he looks like he put on weight/muscle/head growing....

At the end of the day to punish any wrong doing you have to look back. Period!

Yeah but if the tapes are clean just show them. The things ends right there.

They're not clean. They arent even supposed to exist.

I'm on the "everyone else did it" wagon and have been forever. Plenty of coaches came right out and said they did, including Jimmy Johnson.

Funny. Jets' fans think the former Jets' employee is in bed with the Patriots. Patriots fans thiinnk the opposite :rl:

Oy! Why would the comissioner bury something to hide the fact that everyone does it....because coaches and players said they did it or had seen it done. Jimmie Johnson said he did it for the Chiefs. Vermiel said it has been going on forever.

I know your blind jealousy blurs everything, but at least pay attention.

They are whiny bitches?

Orly? I have not lived in New England since 88. I have been to most corners of the world and have run into just about every other team's fan and no one mentions it. It is mentioned on messageboards. Congrats..you are that guy.

Johnson did it with the Chiefs even though he was never a coach of the Chiefs? Makes sense.

Fixed.

Maybe the Rams should have played better. Maybe the team should not have turned the ball over so much. Or committed more turnovers. Or gave up more sacks. Yeah, he is over that loss. Clearly. :rolleyes:

Well that is a real apples to watermelon comparison. Ignore common sense that there were about 4 players on the Patriots that played during the Superbowl.

624px-Genius-meme.png

Johnson did it with the Chiefs even though he was never a coach of the Chiefs? Makes sense.

Here is an interview Jimmie had with WFAN. Mea Culpa on his correct association with the Chiefs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one slipped through the cracks, but during Super Bowl week, former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson told WFAN that he used cameras to steal signals all the time.

Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

624px-Genius-meme.png

Thats the whole point dummy. Of course fans think your teams' success is fraudulent. Now we know that players all around the league do too.

All eight of them.....whiny ass Marshall, Kurt a little and a couple of Ravens and Steelers. Yeahm it is all around the league.

Here is an interview Jimmie had with WFAN. Mea Culpa on his correct association with the Chiefs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one slipped through the cracks, but during Super Bowl week, former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson told WFAN that he used cameras to steal signals all the time.

Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

Do you have another interview where Jimmy discusses taping his opposition's walk thru in the run up to the Super Bowl?

Do you have another interview where Jimmy discusses taping his opposition's walk thru in the run up to the Super Bowl?

There is pretty much as much reason to believe that other coaches have done that as there is to believe that Bill Belichick has. The accusations of the taping of the walkthrough were originally reported by the Boston Herald (Boston's #2 newspaper by a lot) and then later retracted after the Herald said they determined that this had not happened.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3395152

On Feb. 2, 2008, the Boston Herald reported that a member of the New England Patriots' video staff taped the St. Louis Rams' walk-through on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI. While the Boston Herald based its Feb. 2, 2008, report on sources that it believed to be credible, we now know that this report was false, and that no tape of the walk-through ever existed.

Prior to the publication of its Feb. 2, 2008, article, the Boston Herald neither possessed nor viewed a tape of the Rams' walk-through before Super Bowl XXXVI, nor did we speak to anyone who had. We should not have published the allegation in the absence of firmer verification.

The Boston Herald regrets the damage done to the team by publication of the allegation, and sincerely apologizes to its readers and to the New England Patriots' owners, players, employees and fans for our error.

There is pretty much as much reason to believe that other coaches have done that as there is to believe that Bill Belichick has. The accusations of the taping of the walkthrough were originally reported by the Boston Herald (Boston's #2 newspaper by a lot) and then later retracted after the Herald said they determined that this had not happened.

I really don't care, but Marshall Faulk seems to feel otherwise, and if the tapes hadn't been destroyed maybe we'd know for certain one way or the other. But we don't.

I really don't care, but Marshall Faulk seems to feel otherwise, and if the tapes hadn't been destroyed maybe we'd know for certain one way or the other. But we don't.

Marshall Faulk also seems to have an incorrect recollection of the very game in which he thinks he was cheated.

Nice way to deflect of the Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong issue.

Here is another thread and quote from a guy who keeps whining and crying about what happened in the past.

At the end of the day to punish any wrong doing you have to look back. Period!

Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong have nothing to do with discussing the Patriots and their cheating 11 years ago and the fascination jets fans have with it.

But keep trying to defend it. its enjoyable.

No. Just tired of talking about this.

Its stupid.

I just think its hilarious that jet fans are so bitter about the patriots cheating against the rams. Give me a break.

I just think its hilarious that some people give the Pats a pass for cheating and yet are obsessed by the cheating of likes of Bonds, Armstrong.

Have a great weekend.

That is the thing that Jets, Steelers and Ravens fans want to ignore.

Walsh did not tape the walk through. He was at the stadium in Patriots' attire doing his job. He was on the sideline and he watched the Rams' walk through.

The only point of disagreement is whether he told Daboll what he saw. He said he did. Daboll doe snot recall, but Goodell said there is nothing illegal with what Walsh did.

Of course he feels that way.

The Rams let one get away. If they did not have more turnovers, sacks and penalties, they dynasty being born that Ricky Proehel boasted about would have been the Rams.

That is the thing that Jets, Steelers and Ravens fans want to ignore.

Walsh did not tape the walk through. He was at the stadium in Patriots' attire doing his job. He was on the sideline and he watched the Rams' walk through.

The only point of disagreement is whether he told Daboll what he saw. He said he did. Daboll doe snot recall, but Goodell said there is nothing illegal with what Walsh did.

Of course he feels that way.

The Rams let one get away. If they did not have more turnovers, sacks and penalties, they dynasty being born that Ricky Proehel boasted about would have been the Rams.

It is what it is, nobody would have been talking about it if the Raiders recovered a fumble. Oh wait, they really did.

Fast forward to this year and wow Manning fumbles a bay the same way Brady did... Except it was called a fumble.

The NFL has been in the Patriots pants for years. It's been obvious on numerous occasions. Kind of like that kick to the groin from Brady that was ignored and after people were complaining, the NFL decided to fine him a few bucks.

All I know is the Saints essentially got banned, fined, their HC was banned for the entire year, players were fined, suspended, etc, and for what? Hitting players for money? Maybe on purpose. Maybe to hurt them? Yeah and thats something that most teams said they all have done over the years. Except the NFL came down hard on them. And if there wasn't some huge fight, some of those guys might have been banned for life.

The Patriots get caught cheating and they destroy the tapes and fine them. BB never got suspended. That tells you how much the NFL kisses Kraft and the Pats behinds compared to other teams.

Did they cheat and use tapes to their advantage? Who knows. For whatever reason they burned the tapes. That's just a bit weird. Bit of a cover up. You know who tries to tear things to shreds? Nixon's people trying to hide what they did. Ponzi scheme and accounting frauds trying to hide evidence. The NFL hid what the Patriots did because they knew fans would have been outraged. Players would have been outraged. Nobody burns something if there was nothing to hide. You can claim all you want, but destroying the only evidence there ever was kind of tells everybody what they really needed to know.

If there was nothing on those tapes, the NFL would have released them to ESPN and every media outlet in the world to show and tell. Instead they burned everything. The NFL seemed to 'leak' certain things from the Saints Bounty scandal. They didn't have a need to burn evidence or hide anything in that matter.

The arguing back and forth is a waste of time.

It's all been argued before. The only thing that needs to be said when those Super Bowls are brought up is:

The conversation is over at that point. Everything else is excuses for the Pats or for the whole league however you look at it. If you are among those who say "everyone did it", then the Lance Armstrong thing is a decent analogy. The Pats are the Lance Armstrong of the NFL at that point. Except they don't have any balls.

It is what it is, nobody would have been talking about it if the Raiders recovered a fumble. Oh wait, they really did.

Fast forward to this year and wow Manning fumbles a bay the same way Brady did... Except it was called a fumble.

The NFL has been in the Patriots pants for years. It's been obvious on numerous occasions. Kind of like that kick to the groin from Brady that was ignored and after people were complaining, the NFL decided to fine him a few bucks.

All I know is the Saints essentially got banned, fined, their HC was banned for the entire year, players were fined, suspended, etc, and for what? Hitting players for money? Maybe on purpose. Maybe to hurt them? Yeah and thats something that most teams said they all have done over the years. Except the NFL came down hard on them. And if there wasn't some huge fight, some of those guys might have been banned for life.

The Patriots get caught cheating and they destroy the tapes and fine them. BB never got suspended. That tells you how much the NFL kisses Kraft and the Pats behinds compared to other teams.

Did they cheat and use tapes to their advantage? Who knows. For whatever reason they burned the tapes. That's just a bit weird. Bit of a cover up. You know who tries to tear things to shreds? Nixon's people trying to hide what they did. Ponzi scheme and accounting frauds trying to hide evidence. The NFL hid what the Patriots did because they knew fans would have been outraged. Players would have been outraged. Nobody burns something if there was nothing to hide. You can claim all you want, but destroying the only evidence there ever was kind of tells everybody what they really needed to know.

If there was nothing on those tapes, the NFL would have released them to ESPN and every media outlet in the world to show and tell. Instead they burned everything. The NFL seemed to 'leak' certain things from the Saints Bounty scandal. They didn't have a need to burn evidence or hide anything in that matter.

It is all subjective.

My two cents on that play, it was a lot more clear Manning brought the ball in. It looked like Brady did, but you cannot say unequivocally that he did. Again, penalties are always subjective. A PI one week by one set of officials is a non-call. Again, it is subjective.

The Saints penalty is not exactly an apples to apples comparison. First, as been said in this thread a few times (or any of the other 100.000 on this subject), like with the Saints bounty program, it is not a Patriots only issue as all teams try to steal signals or have pay for play programs. Patriots were not the only one to do it with a camera as there would be no need for the league wide memo on it. As I showed, other teams have done it with a camera. This is not a means to justify it. The Patriots were the dummies that got caught and deserved the punishment. Second, where the separate cases go in different directions, is the impact of the 'crime'. Spygate is not going to be a part of any lawsuit. The Bounty Scandal will be as a measure to show he has been trying to make the league safer, but those dam players keep doing pay for play things behind the scenes. If it happens again, watch out.

As far as the tapes go, it would be a bit disingenuous of Goodell to slap the Patriots' hands for taping the signals and then give them to ESPN to show the world the Patriots taping were just taping signals. Think any coach that was taped would appreciate his signals being broadcast for every opponent to see? Doubt it. Plus, it is not exactly like Goodell could give them back. Destroying them was the right thing to do.

Archived