Will Greg McElroy Be On The 2013 Jets

JetNation

Seeing the Jets mocked to take a QB in the second round quite a bit. Problem with that is all the crappy teams who passed on QBs in the first round (because there were none) will probably be taking QBs before the Jets on the clock. But if the Jets were to -say- get Denver's first rounder for Revis, that would be a nice slot to take a shot on the best of the rest QB of their choice.

They have to get a veteran before the draft, too.

McElroy'll be out, and no one will miss him.

I think his best attributes have been his understanding of the game. He's very active with the clipboard, and I often saw Sparano approaching him for what looked like picking his (McElroys) head. Given how our offense sputtered maybe that's not a good thing.

(was that Sparano's offense or the dipsh*t advice he was getting from an at-par backup)

I think his spot on the roster comes down to how quickly our other qb options pick up the new offense, and if our developmental guys show potential to actually stay on the roster past the year. If we get a guy on the roster who ends up throwing like Tebow, AND McElroy picks up the new offense quicker (to help Sanchez, or whatnot) then yeah, he stays.

Seeing the Jets mocked to take a QB in the second round quite a bit. Problem with that is all the crappy teams who passed on QBs in the first round (because there were none) will probably be taking QBs before the Jets on the clock. But if the Jets were to -say- get Denver's first rounder for Revis, that would be a nice slot to take a shot on the best of the rest QB of their choice.

They have to get a veteran before the draft, too.

McElroy'll be out, and no one will miss him.

I think the success of Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Tannehill, and even guys like Nick Foles will trick teams into gambling higher picks on quarterbacks again this year. The way offense is trending, you don't need John Elway to move the ball anymore--all you need is a smart, semi-mobile intangibles guy with enough arm strength to build around. I think three QBs will get drafted first round, despite the Internet panic that they all suck.

I think the success of Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Tannehill, and even guys like Nick Foles will trick teams into gambling higher picks on quarterbacks again this year. The way offense is trending, you don't need John Elway to move the ball anymore--all you need is a smart, semi-mobile intangibles guy with enough arm strength to build around. I think three QBs will get drafted first round, despite the Internet panic that they all suck.

I could see Smith and Glennon going in top half of the first, then a few more going in the top of the second. So if the Jets are thinking QB in the second themselves, it would be better to select ahead of those other teams that passed on QBs in the first.

So yeah, that would be three first round QBs.

how do you know he's worse than Sanchez? Because he had 1 end of season start when the team had already quit?

How about the Jets try something novel and have an open competition and let the best man win?

That seemed to work out pretty well for the Seahawks who had an incumbent starter, rookie, and high priced FA battle it out. Competition is always a good thing.

Open competition is a myth. The players don't even hit full speed anymore in practice but once a week. Russell Wilson is the exception, practically every other team in the league has predetermined who will be the starting quarterback and who will not. Even the great Tom Brady did not "beat out" Drew Bledsoe, Drew got hurt. Let's take a further look, Eli Manning, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, the list goes on and on.

I repeat, open competition is a myth.

Archived