• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

He's worse than Sanchez but probably better than anyone they could draft this season.

So, if McElroy was in this draft he would be a first rounder? The statement makes no sense.

#27 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 24,601 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Just do not think Mcelroy has the arm to make sense to keep him as a viable option
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#28 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

So, if McElroy was in this draft he would be a first rounder? The statement makes no sense.

No QB in this draft is a first rounder. If McElroy was a rookie this year, he'd probably be one of the first taken. He still is not very good.

#29 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,393 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

No QB in this draft is a first rounder. If McElroy was a rookie this year, he'd probably be one of the first taken. He still is not very good.

Not a chance. These guys aren't being taken because they are inconsistent. McElroy went late because he doesn't have an NFL arm. Teams will take a chance they can coach up an NFL arm, they won't take a chance the McElroy will grow an arm.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#30 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,393 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

I think what happened with Greg is he got concussed early in the game and tried to play through it.

This is the best hope for the kid's future in the NFL.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#31 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Someday I wish we get to a point in JETS history where we do not have any below average QB's on our team!

#32 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

If he is, we're ****ed.

#33 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Does it really matter? He was a 3rd string QB who wasn't active for what, 14 out of 16 games. He wasn't even active in a game where Sanchez sucked, should have been benched, and Tebow was injured and Rex wasn't going to put him in. And nobody seemed to want or like Tebow as it was last season. That really says a lot about what the coaches saw from Greg. When the team never activated the kid for almost the entire season and they didn't like or believe in the starter or the backup, there just wasn't much anybody ever saw in him. He wasn't even good enough to be a backup on a team with two terrible QBs.

#34 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

He'll be cut and catch on with the Vikings for a couple of years. He'll even make a start in his second year on the road at Green Bay.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#35 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

No QB in this draft is a first rounder.

If only Everett Golson were draft-eligible!
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#36 spjets

spjets

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 6,337 posts
  • Locationiron station NC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

McElsack had one of the worst QB performances I can remember, like as in ever

f him

I'm sure your first NFL start being sacked 11times would've been stellar too.....
They need to give the kid a chance...

#37 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

If only Everett Golson were draft-eligible!

Given the way the NFL QB position is changing right now, if Golson continues to develop the way he did in his Freshmen season, you may see him as a first or second rounder come his eligibility.

#38 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Given the way the NFL QB position is changing right now, if Golson continues to develop the way he did in his Freshmen season, you may see him as a first or second rounder come his eligibility.

Except for the can't-throw-to-save-his-life thing, sure.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#39 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

You are nuts!

#40 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,205 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Seeing the Jets mocked to take a QB in the second round quite a bit. Problem with that is all the crappy teams who passed on QBs in the first round (because there were none) will probably be taking QBs before the Jets on the clock. But if the Jets were to -say- get Denver's first rounder for Revis, that would be a nice slot to take a shot on the best of the rest QB of their choice.

They have to get a veteran before the draft, too.

McElroy'll be out, and no one will miss him.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#41 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I think his best attributes have been his understanding of the game. He's very active with the clipboard, and I often saw Sparano approaching him for what looked like picking his (McElroys) head. Given how our offense sputtered maybe that's not a good thing.
(was that Sparano's offense or the dipsh*t advice he was getting from an at-par backup)

I think his spot on the roster comes down to how quickly our other qb options pick up the new offense, and if our developmental guys show potential to actually stay on the roster past the year. If we get a guy on the roster who ends up throwing like Tebow, AND McElroy picks up the new offense quicker (to help Sanchez, or whatnot) then yeah, he stays.

#42 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Seeing the Jets mocked to take a QB in the second round quite a bit. Problem with that is all the crappy teams who passed on QBs in the first round (because there were none) will probably be taking QBs before the Jets on the clock. But if the Jets were to -say- get Denver's first rounder for Revis, that would be a nice slot to take a shot on the best of the rest QB of their choice.

They have to get a veteran before the draft, too.

McElroy'll be out, and no one will miss him.

I think the success of Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Tannehill, and even guys like Nick Foles will trick teams into gambling higher picks on quarterbacks again this year. The way offense is trending, you don't need John Elway to move the ball anymore--all you need is a smart, semi-mobile intangibles guy with enough arm strength to build around. I think three QBs will get drafted first round, despite the Internet panic that they all suck.

#43 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,205 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

I think the success of Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Tannehill, and even guys like Nick Foles will trick teams into gambling higher picks on quarterbacks again this year. The way offense is trending, you don't need John Elway to move the ball anymore--all you need is a smart, semi-mobile intangibles guy with enough arm strength to build around. I think three QBs will get drafted first round, despite the Internet panic that they all suck.

I could see Smith and Glennon going in top half of the first, then a few more going in the top of the second. So if the Jets are thinking QB in the second themselves, it would be better to select ahead of those other teams that passed on QBs in the first.

So yeah, that would be three first round QBs.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#44 IPack

IPack

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

how do you know he's worse than Sanchez? Because he had 1 end of season start when the team had already quit?

How about the Jets try something novel and have an open competition and let the best man win?

That seemed to work out pretty well for the Seahawks who had an incumbent starter, rookie, and high priced FA battle it out. Competition is always a good thing.

Open competition is a myth. The players don't even hit full speed anymore in practice but once a week. Russell Wilson is the exception, practically every other team in the league has predetermined who will be the starting quarterback and who will not. Even the great Tom Brady did not "beat out" Drew Bledsoe, Drew got hurt. Let's take a further look, Eli Manning, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, the list goes on and on.

I repeat, open competition is a myth.

#45 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Except for the can't-throw-to-save-his-life thing, sure.

That's just simply not true. Wait and see.

#46 ARodKeyWestJetsFan

ARodKeyWestJetsFan

JetNation Original Groundbreaking Member

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, Virginia

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

McElroy will be here next year, it makes no sense to release him.
Posted Image

"The message to the rest of the league is, hey, the Jets are coming, and we're going to give you everything we've got, and that's going to be, I think, more than you can handle." - Rex Ryan, Head Coach N.Y. Jets

#47 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,732 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

McElroy will be here next year, it makes no sense to release him.

Hey bro! Good to see you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users