Goodell slams Redskins name again as 'offensive'

SouthernJet

So that makes it ok for the nfl to use a derogatory name?

We not have strong lobby group like Anti Defamation League or NAACP who bitch bout everything, cry racism/anti-semitism every chance so people no question hypocrisy and BS. Maybe talk to Chief Running Vig, he tell Sharpton we colored people too. Make Dan Snyder life misurable.

We not have strong lobby group like Anti Defamation League or NAACP who bitch bout everything, cry racism/anti-semitism every chance so people no question hypocrisy and BS. Maybe talk to Chief Running Vig, he tell Sharpton we colored people too.

Change everything in your post so it's derogatory against blacks and see how well it's received.

They should just change the name.

If native Americans were more important

Dear Bigot - there's no such thing as a "native American." I'm fairly certain the Indians who lived here never called themselves "Americans" until white dudes like you and Columbus forced it upon them, but hey, you're in touch with your feelings, so everyone should just turn sissy. Whatever.

Dear Bigot - there's no such thing as a "native American." I'm fairly certain the Indians who lived here never called themselves "Americans" until white dudes like you and Columbus forced it upon them, but hey, you're in touch with your feelings, so everyone should just turn sissy. Whatever.

Pretty sure they never called themselves Indians either.

Pretty sure they never called themselves Indians either.

It's at least more accurate and less offensive. Do you really think the founders of the Washington Redskins sat around and thought "what name can we call our team that will offend a whole segment of people's AND instill a sense of pride in our white fan base? WAIT! I know - Redskins!" the premise is just dumb.

It's at least more accurate and less offensive. Do you really think the founders of the Washington Redskins sat around and thought "what name can we call our team that will offend a whole segment of people's AND instill a sense of pride in our white fan base? WAIT! I know - Redskins!" the premise is just dumb.

Of course he didn't but it a derogatory term no matter how or why they came up with it. If the original people that lived in this country are offended by it it should be changed. It's no different then calling the team the washington negros or something along that line.

As I said equality is equality. It's not there just for larger groups that bitch a lot.

Of course he didn't but it a derogatory term no matter how or why they came up with it. If the original people that lived in this country are offended by it it should be changed. It's no different then calling the team the washington negros or something along that line.

As I said equality is equality. It's not there just for larger groups that bitch a lot.

i've never heard the word "redskin" described in an insulting way in real life ever

just by super liberal and mega sensitive whiners

meanwhile coming from an mostly white area growing up I'm willing to accept the fact that my opinion of black (and any other race of) people being equal is not universally shared by lots of people i've met in my life time. sad but that's just the way it is in some places still.

i've never heard the word "redskin" described in an insulting way in real life ever

just by super liberal and mega sensitive whiners

meanwhile coming from an mostly white area growing up I'm willing to accept the fact that my opinion of black (and any other race of) people being equal is not universally shared by lots of people i've met in my life time. sad but that's just the way it is in some places still.

That's cool, that's your experience. Does being a white kid/man (don't know your age) who pretends he's black allow you to represent how a whole race of people feel?

The redskin name has been complained about for 20 plus years now so either they should change the name or logo to a potato and it would be solved.

Me think you confused like a$$hole Columbus. He the one that call us Indians, he think West Indies in Bahamas, Cuba maybe Japan. There's an ancient Arawak saying "When Blackout +1 your post, you're probobly wrong."

So that makes it ok for the nfl to use a derogatory name?

I didn't realize how under represented American-Indians were in the league, so I looked it up.

What about changing their name to the Washington "Redtails" in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen? Tuskegee

is in Alabama but it's co-founding fathers are George Washington Carver, and Booker T. Washington.

Just a thought.

Archived