Another Mock

SenorGato

Jets trade Darrelle Revis to the Steelers for the 17th pick, 2014 1st, and 2013 4th.

David Harris to the Cardinals for a 5th.

FAs:

Andy LeVitre OG

Andre Smith OT

Fred Davis/Dustin Keller

Pace or Scott back at reduced prices

Mauga

cheap RB

1: Mingo/Ansah DE/OLB LSU/BYU

1: Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

2: Zac Ertz/Tyler Eifert TE Stanford/ND

2: Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford

3: TJ McDonald FS/S/DB USC

4: Tank Carradine DE/OLB FSU

4: Kevin Reddick ILB/OLB UNC

5: Tavarres King WR Georgia

5: Brad Sorenson QB S. Utah

6: Tyrann Mathieu CB/DB LSU

7: Dustin Hopkins K FSU

To get his awful cap number off the books. If we somehow unloaded Harris and Revis, we would be looking at the mother load of cap space; more holes to fill though...

Harris isn't a bad player just over paid. It's not like the Sanchez situation where the dude is making all these millions and flat out sucks. Harris doesn't suck he's just not paid correctly. But he's a productive player and doesn't hurt the team.

Why would we trade a former pro bowler and perrenial team leader in tackles for a fifth rounder?

Because he's considerably overpaid, had a terrible year last year, isn't good in coverage, clearly benefited from Scott's presence when he was better (not a coincidence that he's been worse as Scott's play has fallen off), inside linebacker isn't a position you want to pay that much for anyway, and he's slow.

Because he's considerably overpaid, had a terrible year last year, isn't good in coverage, clearly benefited from Scott's presence when he was better (not a coincidence that he's been worse as Scott's play has fallen off), inside linebacker isn't a position you want to pay that much for anyway, and he's slow.

Ok. But again...a 5th rounder? You guys honestly think that's the best we can do for a former 1st rd pick still in the prime of his career? We paid a 4th for Tebow. We paid a 2nd for Cromartie. Harris has got to be worth more than a fifth rd pick...even at his current salary.

Harris was a 2nd round pick, not a first. Mid 2nd besides, though they did trade up to get him. Gave up a 4th and 6th to move up 10 spots and got a 7th back - they picked Stuckey with the extra pick.

A 5th rounder might not actually be bad, but it depends on how his contract is structured. I know that Tannenbaum structured a bunch of these guys so that if another team is paying them they aren't such a big hit, but I think they won't get much of that $13M back if the they flat cut him. I think Rex likes him and with Scott probably on his way out I think they will want some stability and run stuffing up the middle. They will gain a bunch of speed, but lost a lot of size and strength if they went with Mauga-Davis instead of Scott-Harris. I think it'd actually be a pretty big downgrade though mixing and matching would probably better. I'd expect 3 of those guys back in 2013.

Jets trade Darrelle Revis to the Steelers for the 17th pick, 2014 1st, and 2013 4th.

David Harris to the Cardinals for a 5th.

FAs:

Andy LeVitre OG

Andre Smith OT

Fred Davis/Dustin Keller

Pace or Scott back at reduced prices

Mauga

cheap RB

1: Mingo/Ansah DE/OLB LSU/BYU

1: Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

2: Zac Ertz/Tyler Eifert TE Stanford/ND

2: Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford

3: TJ McDonald FS/S/DB USC

4: Tank Carradine DE/OLB FSU

4: Kevin Reddick ILB/OLB UNC

5: Tavarres King WR Georgia

5: Brad Sorenson QB S. Utah

6: Tyrann Mathieu CB/DB LSU

7: Dustin Hopkins K FSU

If I have 2 picks in the first. I'd go BAP and need. So I'd take CB out. The pass defense was just fine with Wilson and Cro and swap in a WR. I'd also wait on RB and probably take a G in the 2nd.

Like those names though.

If I have 2 picks in the first. I'd go BAP and need. So I'd take CB out. The pass defense was just fine with Wilson and Cro and swap in a WR. I'd also wait on RB and probably take a G in the 2nd.

Like those names though.

Maybe something like Ertz at 17, Warford/Patton in the second, PickaRB in the 5th?

Archived