Predict our next Super Bowl

Jets723

Obviously our fans have faced so many heartbreaks and meltdowns since we won in 69 but eventually we will win again. I predict when brady/belichick retire so maybe 5 years

I hate this theme and theory. Wait for Marino to retire. And Shula. Wait for Kelly to retire. And Levy. Hell even the Colts with Harbaugh almost made a super bowl. The Patriots with Bledsoe made a super bowl. The Patriots with Tony Eason made a super bowl. Now it's wait till BB & Brady retire. It also means nobody else finds a HOF like QB.

I'd rather the Jets find that HOF QB, build around him, and not give a crap about the rest of the division. This "hope so and so retires" is more a losing mentality that has been paramount with the Jets. Because every so many years, these other teams find great QBs and coaches and then it's "wait till these new guys retire." I'd rather the other teams start saying that about the Jets.

I hate this theme and theory. Wait for Marino to retire. And Shula. Wait for Kelly to retire. And Levy. Hell even the Colts with Harbaugh almost made a super bowl. The Patriots with Bledsoe made a super bowl. The Patriots with Tony Eason made a super bowl. Now it's wait till BB & Brady retire. It also means nobody else finds a HOF like QB.

I'd rather the Jets find that HOF QB, build around him, and not give a crap about the rest of the division. This "hope so and so retires" is more a losing mentality that has been paramount with the Jets. Because every so many years, these other teams find great QBs and coaches and then it's "wait till these new guys retire." I'd rather the other teams start saying that about the Jets.

Jets have been trying forever to find that QB and have failed. its not like theyre sitting around and waiting for a window of opportunity to compete in the division.

Jets have been trying forever to find that QB and have failed. its not like theyre sitting around and waiting for a window of opportunity to compete in the division.

Have we really?

The Jets have drafted 8 QB's in the last 20 years. Only three of those were taken in the first 2 rounds of the draft (Pennington, Clemens, Sanchez). Only one was a top 10 pick (Sanchez). The rest were taken in the 6th or 7th rounds (including Glenn Foley, Brooks Bollinger, and Erik Ainge).

Not only are we inept at drafting the right QB's, I don't think we've really been putting in the picks to try to find one. These days it would be advisable to draft a QB in the middle rounds or earlier every other year or so. Stockpile QB's and hope you at least find one of the Kirk Cousins variety, if not Russell Wilson.

Have we really?

The Jets have drafted 8 QB's in the last 20 years. Only three of those were taken in the first 2 rounds of the draft (Pennington, Clemens, Sanchez). Only one was a top 10 pick (Sanchez). The rest were taken in the 6th or 7th rounds (including Glenn Foley, Brooks Bollinger, and Erik Ainge).

Not only are we inept at drafting the right QB's, I don't think we've really been putting in the picks to try to find one. These days it would be advisable to draft a QB in the middle rounds or earlier every other year or so. Stockpile QB's and hope you at least find one of the Kirk Cousins variety, if not Russell Wilson.

And they hoped those 3 would become something... but they didnt. lots of 1st round and 2nd round QB busts. Jets are just another team when it comes to this. And lets not jump on the Russel Wilson or Kirk Cousins train just yet... Sanchez had 2 AFC championship appearances and now look at him...

And they hoped those 3 would become something... but they didnt. lots of 1st round and 2nd round QB busts. Jets are just another team when it comes to this. And lets not jump on the Russel Wilson or Kirk Cousins train just yet... Sanchez had 2 AFC championship appearances and now look at him...

At no point in Sanchez's career did he ever look anywhere close to Russell Wilson did this season, and even Cousins has shown flashes already of a much higher ceiling than Sanchez ever had.

At best, Sanchez was a game manager, an average QB. At Wilson's best, he's a top QB. At Cousins' best, he looks like an above average NFL QB, even in a small sample size.

At no point in Sanchez's career did he ever look anywhere close to Russell Wilson did this season, and even Cousins has shown flashes already of a much higher ceiling than Sanchez ever had.

At best, Sanchez was a game manager, an average QB. At Wilson's best, he's a top QB. At Cousins' best, he looks like an above average NFL QB, even in a small sample size.

While correct about Russell Wilson, your Kirk Cousins statement is completely asinine, at best.

Who knows about Wilson. Rick Mirer had a great rookie season for Seattle once. But Wilson was one of the reasons the Seahawks were a defensive stop from being in the NFL Championship game. He had 26 TD passes and like 12 INTs. As a Rookie. The only other rookie QB to have 26 TD passes was Peyton Manning. Sanchez doesn't seem like a guy who will ever throw that many TD passes in a season. Wilson was really the rookie of the year. Can he keep that up? Who knows. But he looks like a kid who can be one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL.

Sanchez never looked like that. He was always the guy you hoped would be like Alex Smith was last year. A game manager who doesn't screw things up and the defense keeps you in a game. Maybe throws a TD here and there. That was Sanchez.

The Jets barely won/lost games where the defense held the opposing team to like 9 or 10 points. And that's happened often over his career.

When you lose games because the defense allowed 14 points, in the NFL now, you have a QB who sucks.

:rl:

Oh you guys slay me. Sanchez did some amazing things his first 2 years. Was he great? No. Was he above average? Yes.

lets not get too excited about Wilson or Cousins just yet. that was my point of my post. But not surprisingly you missed that with your proclamations that Wilson will be a top QB based on 1 year.

Oh you guys slay me. Sanchez did some amazing things his first 2 years. Was he great? No. Was he above average? Yes.

He was never amazing, the team was amazing. Sanchez has never been above average. Not even close, really. Even in 2010 when we were at our best, he was a bottom 5 QB by every available metric.

lets not get too excited about Wilson or Cousins just yet. that was my point of my post. But not surprisingly you missed that with your proclamations that Wilson will be a top QB based on 1 year.

You must be confused.

Sanchez's rookie season he had 12 TDs and 20 INTs and a 63 QB rating

WIlson's rookie season he had 26 TDs and 10 INTs and a 100 QB rating.

Sanchez's 2nd season, he had 17 TDs and 13 INTs and a 75 QB rating.

So Sanchez, in his second season on a good 11-5 Jets team, wasn't even as good as Rookie year Wilson .

You must be confused.

Sanchez's rookie season he had 12 TDs and 20 INTs and a 63 QB rating

WIlson's rookie season he had 26 TDs and 10 INTs and a 100 QB rating.

Sanchez's 2nd season, he had 17 TDs and 13 INTs and a 75 QB rating.

So Sanchez, in his second season on a good 11-5 Jets team, wasn't even as good as Rookie year Wilson .

Im sorry... I guess that was Russel Wilson in the conference championship his rookie year?

yeah. didnt think so.

He was never amazing, the team was amazing. Sanchez has never been above average. Not even close, really. Even in 2010 when we were at our best, he was a bottom 5 QB by every available metric.

He made some amazing plays. You can ignore it all you want, but Sanchize won us a few games. Since then he's been awful. So the point is... Dont get too excited over young QB's and start drafting them mid-rounds because of 1 season's worth of stats.

Im sorry... I guess that was Russel Wilson in the conference championship his rookie year?

yeah. didnt think so.

This makes no sense at all. Yeah Sanchez won that Chargers game for the Jets and not the Defense. A 17-14 game where Shonne Greene runs over Cromartied for a TD. What teams were you watching?

With that logic, Trent Dilfer was great cause the Ravens won a super bowl with him as a QB. The Jets won because of defense, not because of a QB who threw more INts than TDS.

He made some amazing plays. You can ignore it all you want, but Sanchize won us a few games. Since then he's been awful. So the point is... Dont get too excited over young QB's and start drafting them mid-rounds because of 1 season's worth of stats.

You dont make a career in one season. So you are right that teams shouldn't think every 4th rounder will wind up like Wilson.

But you put Wilson on those jets teams instead of Sanchez and they probably win a super bowl.

Your joking about R. Wilson right? That kid made defenses look like fools. And he did it over and over. Kirk Cousins doesn't belong in the same sentence, he looks like an above average QB but hasnt played enough for anyone to know.

Archived