•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Predict our next Super Bowl

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

You must be confused.

Sanchez's rookie season he had 12 TDs and 20 INTs and a 63 QB rating
WIlson's rookie season he had 26 TDs and 10 INTs and a 100 QB rating.

Sanchez's 2nd season, he had 17 TDs and 13 INTs and a 75 QB rating.
So Sanchez, in his second season on a good 11-5 Jets team, wasn't even as good as Rookie year Wilson .

Im sorry... I guess that was Russel Wilson in the conference championship his rookie year?

yeah. didnt think so.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#27 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

He was never amazing, the team was amazing. Sanchez has never been above average. Not even close, really. Even in 2010 when we were at our best, he was a bottom 5 QB by every available metric.

He made some amazing plays. You can ignore it all you want, but Sanchize won us a few games. Since then he's been awful. So the point is... Dont get too excited over young QB's and start drafting them mid-rounds because of 1 season's worth of stats.

#28 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Im sorry... I guess that was Russel Wilson in the conference championship his rookie year?

yeah. didnt think so.

This makes no sense at all. Yeah Sanchez won that Chargers game for the Jets and not the Defense. A 17-14 game where Shonne Greene runs over Cromartied for a TD. What teams were you watching?

With that logic, Trent Dilfer was great cause the Ravens won a super bowl with him as a QB. The Jets won because of defense, not because of a QB who threw more INts than TDS.

#29 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

He made some amazing plays. You can ignore it all you want, but Sanchize won us a few games. Since then he's been awful. So the point is... Dont get too excited over young QB's and start drafting them mid-rounds because of 1 season's worth of stats.

You dont make a career in one season. So you are right that teams shouldn't think every 4th rounder will wind up like Wilson.
But you put Wilson on those jets teams instead of Sanchez and they probably win a super bowl.

#30 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,741 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Must wait for Harbaugh and Flacco to retire.

#31 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 10,181 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Im surprised Rex isnt taking partial credit for the Ravens super bowl.

#32 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,334 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sadly, I will be watching the next Jets Super Bowl from the after-life. Should be great seats and an open tab, though. At least I have one SB under my belt.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#33 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,857 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

JAGURS AGAINST LIONS
The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#34 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

#35 IPack

IPack

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

And they hoped those 3 would become something... but they didnt. lots of 1st round and 2nd round QB busts. Jets are just another team when it comes to this. And lets not jump on the Russel Wilson or Kirk Cousins train just yet... Sanchez had 2 AFC championship appearances and now look at him...

Your joking about R. Wilson right? That kid made defenses look like fools. And he did it over and over. Kirk Cousins doesn't belong in the same sentence, he looks like an above average QB but hasnt played enough for anyone to know.

Edited by IPack, 07 February 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#36 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

2013 as rookie pass rusher extraordinaire DaMontre Moore opens up his career much like Terrell Suggs did, the other two DL break out, Kyle Wilson breaks out on the other side of a happy Darrelle Revis, and InsertQBHere gives the Jets more efficient QB play.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#37 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Your joking about R. Wilson right? That kid made defenses look like fools. And he did it over and over. Kirk Cousins doesn't belong in the same sentence, he looks like an above average QB but hasnt played enough for anyone to know.

its one season.

#38 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,755 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

to have 26 TD passes was Peyton Manning. Sanchez doesn't seem like a guy who will ever throw that many TD passes in a season.

Sanchez had 26 TD passes in 2011.

Just saying

#39 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

alot of people have to be fired for another Super Bowl. not enough firings have happened.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#40 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

alot of people have to be fired for another Super Bowl. not enough firings have happened.

Fired? Or traded/released? Fired implies Front office.

Edited by SouthernJet, 07 February 2013 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#41 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

The Jets have a good playoff run every 10 years but lose in the championship game everytime but the lose to Denver long time ago hurt the worst because the Jets were up by 2 TD's and still lost but I have faith the Jets will make it 1 day

#42 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Is this like one of those tree falls in the forest metaphysical questions?

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#43 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Fired and traded/cutted

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#44 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,208 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

NFLN showed the 1968 Jets yearbook last night. On one hand, it was a great watch. On the other the Jets haven't gotten there since and have lost the AFC title game 5 times since.

Was speaking to an associate a few weeks back about the 1969/70 AFC title game vs. the Chiefs, which would have given them a berth in Super Bowl IV. Jets had 4 downs inside the 5 at the end of the game to take the lead and failed to do so. I had no idea about that game since I was 4 going on 5.
Objective-Santa Clara, California

Super Bowl 50-February 7th, 2015

#45 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

@ 46 I think I have a better chance of seeing flying cars and weekend trips to Mars before I see a Jet Superbowl to be perfectly honest.

Unfortunately I feel the same. I'm 41 so figure I have 20 years or so left and that might not be enough time for the NY "Chicago Cubs" Jets to win one.

#46 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,401 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

The Jets will never win a Super Bowl in this century.

That is all.

An optimist I see.
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#47 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

2014 in New York. Sanchez as the starting QB. Throws 5 TD's for 450 yards. JETS win 51-0.

{Then the alarm clock starts ringing }

#48 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

if we even can get our hands on a top 3 qb i think wed win one.

the answer to when that will happen though is probably never sooooooo

#49 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

I would say "not in my lifetime" but one of you crazed basteeds would hunt me down.....5 years is my answer.

#50 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,755 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

NFLN showed the 1968 Jets yearbook last night. On one hand, it was a great watch. On the other the Jets haven't gotten there since and have lost the AFC title game 5 times since.

Was speaking to an associate a few weeks back about the 1969/70 AFC title game vs. the Chiefs, which would have given them a berth in Super Bowl IV. Jets had 4 downs inside the 5 at the end of the game to take the lead and failed to do so. I had no idea about that game since I was 4 going on 5.

The KC game would not have given them a berth in the Super Bowl.  KC had to beat the Raiders the following week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users