Sign in to follow this  
Lil Bit Special

Detroit Lions To Cut Titus Young

JohnnyHector    152,029

No, not at all. I judge by actually viewing games and seeing what the players accomplish.

Ah, the infallible eye test that is applied while watching a game through a television camera that shows only a small portion of the field...

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
#27TheDominator    203,590

yeah, thats exactly right. Grading a wr on blocking in a chart doesn't compare to grading a guard. So the metric for blocking, if standardized among all offensive players, would show all WRs to be stacked closely (like the chart above). The same would go for grading punters in blocking. Or centers in rushing.

Then what's the problem?

sirlancemehlot    31,900

Ah, the infallible eye test that is applied while watching a game through a television camera that shows only a small portion of the field...

All dominant players will show up on camera at several points throughout the season, the only exception being a lockdown corner. And they get their just due by not being on highlight reels.

• Upvote 1

BroadwayJoe12    16,412

Dude was dropped, again, after being on a team for not even two weeks.  It's like he's milton bradley and albert belle mixed together.  When you have all the potential in the world and In a league where talent trumps all and you get cut twice, you know you're a special kind of a$$hole.  

• Upvote 1

bassmaster2    46

He the type of player the old GM like a player who is always in trouble , he probably sign cheap and Jets do not have mach cap money , sign to a 1 year contract

Larz    59,438

good god is it august yet ?

some WR scrub who will never be a jets sets off a blocking stat discussion, lol

artemusclyde    153

I think we should pick him up. He would be a great upgrade to our receiving core. Plus, no other team wants him so we could probably get him cheap.

Jetsfan80    72,352

I think we should pick him up. He would be a great upgrade to our receiving core. Plus, no other team wants him so we could probably get him cheap.

We already have one malcontent at WR and you want to pair him with another one for our rookie QB?  No thanks.

artemusclyde    153

We already have one malcontent at WR and you want to pair him with another one for our rookie QB?  No thanks.

Kids got talent though, and he would be cheap, plus maybe all the time he has spent without getting signed might change him for the better. I think we should at least take a look at him.

JoeKlecko    114

Young. Talented. Troublemaker.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Jets. Why the hell did they not offer a 7th rounder for this f#ck???

I thought you were joking at first.  That punk doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.  He's a spoiled, selfish, me-first and only, low-life, jerk.  We just got rid of one who was one of the greatest players ever.  Why in the world would we add someone much, MUCH worse who didn't have a tenth of the talent?

I'd rather NEVER win another SB than have him or anyone like him on the team.

• Downvote 1

JoeKlecko    114

Unreal.  Get some class, dude.  The Jets don't need a POS like that.  They don't need to sell their soul to win.  Particularly with a rookie QB who may or may not have some maturity problems.  Thankfully, I don't think that Idzik would ever make a move like that.  Rex probably would.  Tanny probably would have.  Tanny's gone, and hopefully, Rex will be too soon.

• Upvote 1

SayNoToDMC    13,601

Have we learned nothing? What happens every time we take on a player nobody else wants? Rex can fix him though!

Lil Bit Special    267,723

I thought you were joking at first.  That punk doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.  He's a spoiled, selfish, me-first and only, low-life, jerk.  We just got rid of one who was one of the greatest players ever.  Why in the world would we add someone much, MUCH worse who didn't have a tenth of the talent?

Im always joking.  

artemusclyde    153

Unreal.  Get some class, dude.  The Jets don't need a POS like that.  They don't need to sell their soul to win.  Particularly with a rookie QB who may or may not have some maturity problems.  Thankfully, I don't think that Idzik would ever make a move like that.  Rex probably would.  Tanny probably would have.  Tanny's gone, and hopefully, Rex will be too soon.

Seriously, the kids like what 24. He's still a kid and he may have learned from his mistakes. Also, Vontaze Burfict had a lot of problems to and look at him now, he was nominated for defensive rookie of the year. 

Jetsfan80    72,352

Seriously, the kids like what 24. He's still a kid and he may have learned from his mistakes. Also, Vontaze Burfict had a lot of problems to and look at him now, he was nominated for defensive rookie of the year. 

24 is not a "kid".  Maybe you can't rent a car, or these days get your own health insurance, until you're 25, but a kid he is not.  Why take the chance? It's not like he's a special talent.  If he was, the Lions probably would have overlooked his misgivings.  Lord knows they could use a true WR2 to take some pressure off Megatron.

Edited by Jetsfan80

artemusclyde    153

24 is not a "kid".  Maybe you can't rent a car, or these days get your own health insurance, until you're 25, but a kid he is not.  Why take the chance? It's not like he's a special talent.  If he was, the Lions probably would have overlooked his misgivings.  Lord knows they could use a true WR2 to take some pressure off Megatron.

He actually does have a lot of talent, he was a solid #2 who has the talent to be your #1 receiver. Lions cut him because of not listening to coaches, punching team mates, and being a locker room cancer. I'm not saying we should sign him, but I am saying we should look at him, the kid can play, just needs to be set out straight.

Ryno the Jet    35,961

Sorry, accidental neg rep; on an iPad.

FloridaJetsFan    672

He actually does have a lot of talent, he was a solid #2 who has the talent to be your #1 receiver. Lions cut him because of not listening to coaches, punching team mates, and being a locker room cancer. I'm not saying we should sign him, but I am saying we should look at him, the kid can play, just needs to be set out straight.

Yeah, a guy like this will do WONDERS for the QBs confidence -whoever that is ...

SenorGato    13,224

What makes this dog a solid #2?  His career numbers do not even compare favorably with Jeremy Kerley who I hear is nothing but a "slot WR"

TWTW

Young, with a fire burning in his belly, challenged his team and teammates to just get him the ball. Kerley has never actively sought the ball, rather taking what he is given.  

Edited by SenorGato
  • Upvote 3

dbatesman    35,799

TWTW

Young, with a fire burning in his belly, challenged his team and teammates to just get him the ball. Kerley has never actively sought the ball, rather taking what he is given.  

TWTW FTW

SenorGato    13,224

TWTW FTW

If you really think about it this explains Sanchez. Through Body Language Analysis it was easy to see that his WTW would not be very high. 

Edited by SenorGato

gangreenman    56,122

Have we learned nothing? What happens every time we take on a player nobody else wants? Rex can fix him though!

Cromartie turned out okay I'd say.  So did Landry last year.   Holmes is probably still the best playmaker on our offense.  Dude had a couple of great seasons for us before he self destructed last year.  

dbatesman    35,799

If you really think about it this explains Sanchez. Through Body Language Analysis it was easy to see that his WTW would not be very high.

The Jets just need some guys who wanna win a ballgame.

• Upvote 1