Who y'all like in 2013 Draft for Jets?

SouthernJet

it's a very deep year at WR. they don't necessarily have to do it early.

the guy from NFL.com daniel jeremiah had Cordelle Patterson at 9 that would be a less polished higher upside pick but those are the two names at the top of the board.

Patterson can certainly create yards after the catch.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trade down with the Dolphins, who take LT Lane Johnson picking up 12, the Colts' second, and Miami's 3rd in the deal.

Trade Cromartie to the 49ers for their 2013 1st round pick.

12: Dion Jordan DE/OLB

31: Jonathan Cooper OG

2: Gavin Escobar TE

2: Quinton Patton WR

3: Tyler Bray QB

3: TJ McDonald FS/S/DB

4: Kevin Reddick ILB/OLB

5: Tavarres Gooden WR

6: Marcus Lattimore/Christine Michael RB

7: Dustin Hopkins K

it's a very deep year at WR. they don't necessarily have to do it early.

the guy from NFL.com daniel jeremiah had Cordelle Patterson at 9 that would be a less polished higher upside pick but those are the two names at the top of the board.

nm

He sounds like a good RB , does he have breakaway speed , the Jets don't need another slow running back but I think the Jets stay at 9 and go defence

Ya, he is fast.

" Listed at 5-foot-10, 205, Bernard is a compactly-built back who runs with good pad level, staying low to the ground and offering defenders minimal strike zone. His acceleration and speed jumped off the tape. I suspect Bernard will run a forty time in the 4.4s at February's Combine with a top-notch ten-yard split, which measures short-area burst. He can really run.

Bernard has quick feet and he can make lightning quick cuts. The running back trait that best indicates NFL success is lateral movement -- the ability to elude defenders and make them miss while sacrificing little or no forward momentum. Bernard is both laterally and vertically explosive. He has a ton of talent.

Bernard is also skilled in the passing game. I charted him with eight blitz-pickup opportunities in the three games, and he executed successfully on seven. Bernard has smooth hands, is a natural receiver out of the backfield, and looks ready to play in the passing game in the NFL. That's a huge plus in a passing league. Be it as a timeshare runner or lead back in a committee, I expect Bernard to see the field early in his career."

Trade down with the Dolphins, who take LT Lane Johnson picking up 12, the Colts' second, and Miami's 3rd in the deal.

Isn't Bray a huge a$$hole? Is that what we want?

Ya, he is fast.

" Listed at 5-foot-10, 205, Bernard is a compactly-built back who runs with good pad level, staying low to the ground and offering defenders minimal strike zone. His acceleration and speed jumped off the tape. I suspect Bernard will run a forty time in the 4.4s at February's Combine with a top-notch ten-yard split, which measures short-area burst. He can really run.

Bernard has quick feet and he can make lightning quick cuts. The running back trait that best indicates NFL success is lateral movement -- the ability to elude defenders and make them miss while sacrificing little or no forward momentum. Bernard is both laterally and vertically explosive. He has a ton of talent.

Bernard is also skilled in the passing game. I charted him with eight blitz-pickup opportunities in the three games, and he executed successfully on seven. Bernard has smooth hands, is a natural receiver out of the backfield, and looks ready to play in the passing game in the NFL. That's a huge plus in a passing league. Be it as a timeshare runner or lead back in a committee, I expect Bernard to see the field early in his career."

He sounds like a good RB and will work in the WCO , the Jets have not drafted a star RB in a long time , you think the Jets will move down and draft him

He sounds like a good RB and will work in the WCO , the Jets have not drafted a star RB in a long time , you think the Jets will move down and draft him

might even get him with our 2nd round pick..

most experts think Gio and Lacy last till 2nd round unless some talented team at bottom of draft reaches a tad cause they can afford to (Pats, 49ers etc)

Daniel Jeremiah (former scout) has this mock:

1 Chiefs--Geno Smith

2. Jags--Jarvis Jones

3. Raiders--Sharrif Floyd

4. Eagles--Star Lotulelei

5. Lions--Luke Joekel

6. Browns--Dee Milliner

7. Cardinals--Eric Fisher

8. Bills--Dion Jordan

9. Jets--Cordarelle Patterson

10. Titans--Chance Warmack

Of note: he has bit's guy Keenan Allen going #25 to Seattle, saying he won't test well at the Combine. He has Bjoern Werner going 15 to the Saints, saying teams are torn on him, with some putting a second round grade on him. Mingo goes 17 to the Steelers.

Charles Davis has us taking Mingo (after the Bills pick Te'o at 8 lulz). Breer has us taking Warmack. Both Breer and Davis have Werner going at 2, and Keenan Allen in the twenties.

we are moving down if we can find a trading partner Thomas,,I really really think thats the plan

we are moving down if we can find a trading partner Thomas,,I really really think thats the plan

I'd be for that, too, but you'd have to find a team desperate to draft the third-best pass rushing prospect or one of the tackles. It figures--the Jets get a single-digit pick in a year with no QBs to drive the market.

I'd be for that, too, but you'd have to find a team desperate to draft the third-best pass rushing prospect or one of the tackles. It figures--the Jets get a single-digit pick in a year with no QBs to drive the market.

ya, thats the rub , ,IF we find a trading partner

I want a good quarterback here so bad. This is not unlike my social life, where I troll OKCupid and intentionally ignore the parts of their personal essays that rather clearly point to the fact that they're paranoid schizophrenics with prevailing Electra complexes.

What if what if what if what if what if Sanchez is just a really, really late bloomer? Is twenty-somethingnot1-4 so late? Something about how if he can get his completion% up and INTs down, which he has some physical ability to do. I'd still pick him over the other two guys on the depth chart after him.

I think there's an outside shot emerges. He could be the QB that says he came from the streets of the NFL and went to it's School of Hard Knocks and became a QB. Or sumthin. Then everyone would be like whaaaaaaaaaat. It would be crazy.

He can do rollouts and stuff.

Am I the only person who seen he had Cromartie and his $8 mil figure traded for a 1st? Yikes.

• 1 year later...

If he [Geno] has a chance to be a big player, they should take him. Russell Wilson got drafted where he "should have," and he'd be the first overall pick this year with what we know now. If Idzik interviews him and picks him, I'm with that. Idzik seems like he could care less about the back pages, which was 50% of the reason we drafted Sanchez.

Bah with the "athlete" bologna. Vernon Gholston was an "incredible athlete."

I'm SO SMART

Wilkerson, Pouha or DeVito, Coples, draft pick on the line is the best. Having two guys in Wilkerson and Coples who can play 3- and 5-technique interchangeably and stay on the field for third down is the hard part. Get the pass rusher and you can throw whoever out there at linebacker.

This is how the Seahawks did it. Peyton's presnap reads we're useless. Nice call. Big picture for the Jets I hope.

Archived