Seat license

ack

Suddenly it was 3x the price and they are still almost sold out. The Giants can't sell out either. Both teams are making more $$ though.

This year could be embarrassing-few sellouts and possible blackouts. Suspect the NFL will do everything they can not to balck out a NY team. Worse, plausible the Jets could be suing a bunch of PSL past due ticket holders. Think of that;a team suing it's own fans. It would be an umitigated disaster.

Even in the depths of Coslet and Kotite the Jets sold out and had no advertising budget. Suddenly last year they started running radio and TV ads, 

tickets were real cheap back then.  spending 25-50 to watch a game was ok.  Now?  :rl:  No regular season game is worth over $100 to watch at a stadium.  Felt that way when Woody started raising prices over $100 in the old dump

This year could be embarrassing-few sellouts and possible blackouts. Suspect the NFL will do everything they can not to balck out a NY team. Worse, plausible the Jets could be suing a bunch of PSL past due ticket holders. Think of that;a team suing it's own fans. It would be an umitigated disaster.

Dont worry..  they'll do well enough so Goodell gets another nice bonus next year.

You are like fox news to the Jets of the Jets were Democrats.

You are like fox news to the Jets of the Jets were Democrats.

I am stuck rooting for this team.It's somewhere between genetic and psychotic.  I'm not going to go back in time and become a Jints fan. It breaks my heart  this franchise has been so poorly run forever in my lifetime spare the Parcells reign and some limited highlights since.I willw atch every game, proably go to at least one and hope to go to Carolina, which is a good city to go to.  

This franchise under Woody Johnson treats it's fans very badly.

This stadium is the worst arena in the NY area by a lot.I've been in big crowds at the old stadium that were scary-GNR/Metallica, AC/Dc-and yet the overcrowding on exit in the new place is worse. I understand the economics and politics made the West Side idea impossible and sharing a  stadium with the Giants was a sensible alternative.I'm simply at a loss how they could've built something so expensively so badly when every other stadium and arena seems to have investigated what it's fans wanted. The basics-entering and exiting, bathrooms, decent concessions, concourses-aren't that difficult to get right. Every other new place-Yankee, the Rock, Barclays, new MSG-seems to have though this stuff through(haven't been to new Shea). It's a really fun experience to go to events and games in these places.  Saw the Who at Barclays in November and went from the floor to my house via subway and bus in about 40 minutes. New Yankee may be a little sterile for many, but it's a good place to go for a game or a concert. Dolan may be a tool but from what i saw at the 1212 concert seems he got the memo too; how you treat your patrons matters.If you are going to take a big chunk of cash out of a customer's  pocket the least you could do is recgonize that the customer matters.

The Jets don't seem to care. It's one thing to be greedy, quite another to assume your customer is nothing more than a mark to be fleeced. You can get away with that if the product is superior and if the price is reasonable or justified. You'd pay a lot of money to see a Jets home AFC title game.But  a Thanksgiving night game vs. the Pats or Christmas Eve vs, the Giants-not so much; in fact go f-ck yourself.Woody didn't care how many of his fans he inconvenienced because of some misplaced ego bullsheet.  And if you are not perennially hosting playoff games, why would anyone pay that much?

To  contrast with thoise other local buildings,  from  the insane parking lot setup to the security that treats people paying hundreds and even thousands coming into the stadium like Rikers inmates right through blocked walkways and ramps the places reminds you of a prison.  We will be giving up our tickets because the game day experience, other than tailgating, sucks(and at some point they'll squeeze the life out of that),the road access and parking sucks and above all this team is gonna suck.  And I wish it was otherwise.

Improved gameday experience?   :rl:  Yeah.  Been to 2 games so far and my gameday experince was worse.  Sure, nicer bathrooms. Nice concession stands I wont visit.  But it comes down to what takes place on the field.. and the gameday experience is gone and not just because they stink.  its a boring sterile atmosphere.

And they didnt do a bad job communicating, they just didnt understand their fan base and what they would be willing to do to buy tickets.  But they dont care.  All they care about is $$$ and not where they get it from. they dont care who they alienate figuring there will always be someone to replace us.  

watching at home has greatly improved my gameday experience.

The only improvements to game day experience are both things they did not need to build a stadium for. One the spiral "show me your t!ts" staircases are gone and two the ladies rooms are better and cleaner, (not that I know but wifes and kids have told me)

Only other improvements I noticed was better food selection and better security so less drunks, cursing and fights. 

However, none of this relates to the new stadium.

We should of had a clean, safe stadium with good food choices to begine with. Heck the Islanders play in a complete awful old stadium. Worst in NHL, but it is clean, safe and men dont hide in stairwells yelling to women show me your t!ts.

Archived