•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jets OL Rates # 3 in NFL

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,847 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, because throwing names back and forth is doing a whole lot of good for either side of this argument.

It depends on the debate.

Is it "The Jets OL is not as good as it used to be?" or "The Jets OL is not 3rd best the league?" because both of those statements can be true.

Is it "The Jets OL is a big problem that needs to be fixed with a 1st round pick" cause I will debate that until the cows come home.

JMO the Jets OL Is about as good as the Ravens OL, who just won it all. And better than the Giants who won it last year and better than many other SB winning teams OL.

They can get better to be sure. It's just not a problem with the Jets. It's actually a strength along with Revis and the 3-4 DL.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#27 Ignatius del Sol

Ignatius del Sol

Practice Squad Player

• Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

better than the Giants

You've lost your mind.

#28 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,739 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yeah but Slauson is a JAG, Mangold is no longer in, D'Brick overrated, Moore is old, and I barely know Howard.

we're having a get-together next Friday, you should come.

#29 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,847 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

You've lost your mind.

there's this idea that great OL means points. The Giants OL during their Super Bowl win, player by player is not as good as the Jets. They had their current Right tackle David Diehl at left tackle. LG Boothe is arguably better than Slauson. But the Jets are better at the other 3 spots, and at LT and C they are much better.

#30 Ignatius del Sol

Ignatius del Sol

Practice Squad Player

• Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

there's this idea that great OL means points.

There's this idea that 20 sacks 4.6 Y/C means a better OL than 47 sacks 3.8 Y/C.

#31 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,847 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

There's this idea that 20 sacks 4.6 Y/C means a better OL than 47 sacks 3.8 Y/C.

these numbers have to do with the skills more than the OL. 

since we are talking about improvement, they are getting rid of Willie Colon in PIttsburgh - played great at LG this year. Brick - Colon - Mangold - Vlad - Hunter could be a good line. And without using a top 10 pick on a guard. 

#32 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,438 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

these numbers have to do with the skills more than the OL. 

since we are talking about improvement, they are getting rid of Willie Colon in PIttsburgh - played great at LG this year. Brick - Colon - Mangold - Vlad - Hunter could be a good line. And without using a top 10 pick on a guard. 

Dude, you said Hunter.  Edit that quick!

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#33 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,847 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Dude, you said Hunter.  Edit that quick!

haha ya know   both H guys

#34 derp

derp

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

The Jets OL is almost definitely underrated by fans. It's far from awful. However, if they lose both guards as appears likely it spells big trouble IMO. I think they almost have to hand on to one of them, preferably Moore, just so they can retain continuity for the most part.

Breaking in two new guards means a lot of gelling has to happen in a short period of time, even harder with the new camp structure. And as important as tackles are, if poor guard play means interior pressure which is really tough for QB's to deal with. Plus I'd imagine we'll see Howard regress some without Moore next to him, his stability definitely helps the tackle out a lot. We saw how much going from Clarke to Faneca helped Brick.

#35 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,438 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

It will be interesting to see what the switch to Mornhinweg means regarding the offensive line.  Slauson may come a bit back into favor because I think he is more hardworking slightly undersized guy and it might mean Vlad is back to useless.  

#36 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,321 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

It will be interesting to see what the switch to Mornhinweg means regarding the offensive line.  Slauson may come a bit back into favor because I think he is more hardworking slightly undersized guy and it might mean Vlad is back to useless.  

Iunno, IIRC the Eagles have had a pretty large OL in recent years. Plus Vlad certainly has the athleticism to survive if he could you know...,learn to play on a full time basis.

It would be so huge if someone like Vlad, Sanchez, or some other disappointing but not untalented guy could break out under Marty's watch.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#37 derp

derp

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Iunno, IIRC the Eagles have had a pretty large OL in recent years. Plus Vlad certainly has the athleticism to survive if he could you know...,learn to play on a full time basis.

It would be so huge if someone like Vlad, Sanchez, or some other disappointing but not untalented guy could break out under Marty's watch.

McKnight? Seems like the kind of RB skill-set wise who they've had success with in Philly.

#38 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,438 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I like Clyde Gates.  Assuming that he is capable of running the routes and not ******* up option routes.  He has the speed to put up some numbers if they start slinging it. 

#39 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,321 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

McKnight? Seems like the kind of RB skill-set wise who they've had success with in Philly.

McKnight and Gates are decent candidates. Doors open for more than one guy showing up considering the age of some of these guys on the offense and the effect I've heard a long proven OC can have on the offense.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users