• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

BillyBroome I know your in. Who else wants in? 2 sundays away from Daytona so we gotta act fast. I dont have a league set up yet, just wanna gauge interest.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#2 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

First person to say they want to play can have my next turn to wash Thor in the mod lounge.

#3 billybroome

billybroome

Bengalszone's Bad Boy, been here since '05.

• Members
  • 2,672 posts
  • LocationPrescott Arizona

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

BillyBroome I know your in. Who else wants in? 2 sundays away from Daytona so we gotta act fast. I dont have a league set up yet, just wanna gauge interest.

Not this year Joe. There just isn't enough gear heads around this place to play.

#4 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,436 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

First person to say they want to play can have my next turn to wash Thor in the mod lounge.

I was going to play, but I've already 'washed' myself twice today.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#5 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I was going to play, but I've already 'washed' myself twice today.

I'm moving on to either fantasy golf or fantasy bass fishing. The Bassmaster Classic I right around the corner

#6 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm moving on to either fantasy golf or fantasy bass fishing. The Bassmaster Classic I right around the corner

Whoa it up cowboy. Nascar and bass fishing go hand in hand. If you're gonna go redneck ya' gotta go all in.

#7 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Whoa it up cowboy. Nascar and bass fishing go hand in hand. If you're gonna go redneck ya' gotta go all in.

its not about being redneck. god knows that i have that covered lol

#8 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

its not about being redneck. god knows that i have that covered lol

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to imagine a Jets fan that is kinda redneck. From the outside looking in I see most of you guys as regular dudes, like sports, cookin' out, that sort of stuff. I just don't see you being all that excited over Nascar and fishing. I've been to Times Square, hit a few bars and drank a few beers with you guys, but not ONE ever brought up Nascar. Yankees? Sure. Racing, never.

#9 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to imagine a Jets fan that is kinda redneck. From the outside looking in I see most of you guys as regular dudes, like sports, cookin' out, that sort of stuff. I just don't see you being all that excited over Nascar and fishing. I've been to Times Square, hit a few bars and drank a few beers with you guys, but not ONE ever brought up Nascar. Yankees? Sure. Racing, never.

I can see why you would say that lol 

Im WAY outside the city.  Right on the border of NJ and PA. It is nothing like the rest of the state.  Hunting, fishing, going to the dirt track on the weekends, field parties. Most people dont know were up here. When i went to college just two counties over, no one knew where the hell Sussex County was when i would tell them.   

Plus my whole family is from Virginia. My whole childhood was spent down there.  Summers and any breaks i had i would be down there. Was basically only up here for school.

#10 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

I can see why you would say that lol 

Im WAY outside the city.  Right on the border of NJ and PA. It is nothing like the rest of the state.  Hunting, fishing, going to the dirt track on the weekends, field parties. Most people dont know were up here. When i went to college just two counties over, no one knew where the hell Sussex County was when i would tell them.   

Plus my whole family is from Virginia. My whole childhood was spent down there.  Summers and any breaks i had i would be down there. Was basically only up here for school.

Virginia huh? Well now I can see the angle of the fishin' and Nascar thing. I hate to say it but I doubt the vast majority of members here could give a rats as$ about motorsports. It's just not their deal. So be it.

#11 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

I've been living in North Carolina for 9 years now.  I've embraced a lot of things about the south:  Sweet tea, country & southern rock, camping, and I already had an appreciation for college sports.

But NASCAR?  Nope.  I've never been a fan of ANY individual sports like golf or tennis.  Yeah, I know there are technically "teammates" in NASCAR, but still.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 11 February 2013 - 01:31 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#12 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

I've been living in North Carolina for 9 years now.  I've embraced a lot of things about the south:  Sweet tea, country & southern rock, camping, and I already had an appreciation for college sports.

But NASCAR?  Nope.  I've never been a fan of ANY individual sports like golf or tennis.  Yeah, I know there are technically "teammates" in NASCAR, but still.

Have you ever gone to a race? I guarantee you'll be a fan after you do. 

#13 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Have you ever gone to a race? I guarantee you'll be a fan after you do. 

Nope I haven't.  I'd probably be open to it I suppose.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#14 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

^^^^^^^

Sounds like something said daily in the mod lounge.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#15 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Nope I haven't.  I'd probably be open to it I suppose.

If i ever make it down to Charlotte for a race (and its a priority) you're coming with me

#16 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

If i ever make it down to Charlotte for a race (and its a priority) you're coming with me

Deal.

I have a friend who is originally from Spindale, near Charlotte.  Play your cards right and we could probably crash at his folks' house too.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 11 February 2013 - 10:29 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#17 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Deal.

I have a friend who is originally from Spindale, near Charlotte.  Play your cards right and we could probably crash at his folks' house too.

Thats all fun and good, but Id bring my uncles RV and we'd crash and party in the parking lot.  I've camped in the infield of the Pocono track. From friday to sunday night, there is no better party.  If we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it right. 

#18 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

But NASCAR?  Nope.  

It's an aquired taste. It helps if you drive a Camaro, Corvette, or Mustang, something with a V8 pumping out some horses.

#19 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

It's an aquired taste. It helps if you drive a Camaro, Corvette, or Mustang, something with a V8 pumping out some horses.

That's funny, because I'm planning to get a new car by the summer, and a Camaro/Mustang is a distinct possibility.  lol.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#20 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thats all fun and good, but Id bring my uncles RV and we'd crash and party in the parking lot.  I've camped in the infield of the Pocono track. From friday to sunday night, there is no better party.  If we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it right. 

I like where your head's at.  That's awesome.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#21 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

That's funny, because I'm planning to get a new car by the summer, and a Camaro/Mustang is a distinct possibility.  lol.

Let me tell you these cars have gotten expensive. Even the V6 models will set you back a pretty penny.

#22 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Let me tell you these cars have gotten expensive. Even the V6 models will set you back a pretty penny.

Yeah, I figured.  I just got a new job that will be paying me 75 % more than I was making, but I'm still looking for a car in the 25k range.  Doubt I'll be able to afford a newish Camaro or Mustang. 

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#23 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yeah, I figured.  I just got a new job that will be paying me 75 % more than I was making, but I'm still looking for a car in the 25k range.  Doubt I'll be able to afford a newish Camaro or Mustang. 

Not in the 25K range.

#24 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,337 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

V6 Mustang lists around $26K. I think it has 300hp, so it's no joke.  I'm a Mopar guy though. 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#25 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

V6 Mustang lists around $26K. I think it has 300hp, so it's no joke.  I'm a Mopar guy though. 

I'm a Ford guy, but I have no problem with Mopar. The new Challenger is an awesome machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users