Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fantasy NASCAR anyone?

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

BillyBroome I know your in. Who else wants in? 2 sundays away from Daytona so we gotta act fast. I dont have a league set up yet, just wanna gauge interest.

Posted · Report post

First person to say they want to play can have my next turn to wash Thor in the mod lounge.

Posted · Report post

BillyBroome I know your in. Who else wants in? 2 sundays away from Daytona so we gotta act fast. I dont have a league set up yet, just wanna gauge interest.

Not this year Joe. There just isn't enough gear heads around this place to play.

Posted · Report post

First person to say they want to play can have my next turn to wash Thor in the mod lounge.

I was going to play, but I've already 'washed' myself twice today.

Posted · Report post

I was going to play, but I've already 'washed' myself twice today.

I'm moving on to either fantasy golf or fantasy bass fishing. The Bassmaster Classic I right around the corner

Posted · Report post

I'm moving on to either fantasy golf or fantasy bass fishing. The Bassmaster Classic I right around the corner

Whoa it up cowboy. Nascar and bass fishing go hand in hand. If you're gonna go redneck ya' gotta go all in.

Posted · Report post

Whoa it up cowboy. Nascar and bass fishing go hand in hand. If you're gonna go redneck ya' gotta go all in.

its not about being redneck. god knows that i have that covered lol

Posted · Report post

its not about being redneck. god knows that i have that covered lol

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to imagine a Jets fan that is kinda redneck. From the outside looking in I see most of you guys as regular dudes, like sports, cookin' out, that sort of stuff. I just don't see you being all that excited over Nascar and fishing. I've been to Times Square, hit a few bars and drank a few beers with you guys, but not ONE ever brought up Nascar. Yankees? Sure. Racing, never.

Posted · Report post

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to imagine a Jets fan that is kinda redneck. From the outside looking in I see most of you guys as regular dudes, like sports, cookin' out, that sort of stuff. I just don't see you being all that excited over Nascar and fishing. I've been to Times Square, hit a few bars and drank a few beers with you guys, but not ONE ever brought up Nascar. Yankees? Sure. Racing, never.

I can see why you would say that lol 

Im WAY outside the city.  Right on the border of NJ and PA. It is nothing like the rest of the state.  Hunting, fishing, going to the dirt track on the weekends, field parties. Most people dont know were up here. When i went to college just two counties over, no one knew where the hell Sussex County was when i would tell them.   

Plus my whole family is from Virginia. My whole childhood was spent down there.  Summers and any breaks i had i would be down there. Was basically only up here for school.

Posted · Report post

I can see why you would say that lol 

Im WAY outside the city.  Right on the border of NJ and PA. It is nothing like the rest of the state.  Hunting, fishing, going to the dirt track on the weekends, field parties. Most people dont know were up here. When i went to college just two counties over, no one knew where the hell Sussex County was when i would tell them.   

Plus my whole family is from Virginia. My whole childhood was spent down there.  Summers and any breaks i had i would be down there. Was basically only up here for school.

Virginia huh? Well now I can see the angle of the fishin' and Nascar thing. I hate to say it but I doubt the vast majority of members here could give a rats as$ about motorsports. It's just not their deal. So be it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've been living in North Carolina for 9 years now.  I've embraced a lot of things about the south:  Sweet tea, country & southern rock, camping, and I already had an appreciation for college sports.

But NASCAR?  Nope.  I've never been a fan of ANY individual sports like golf or tennis.  Yeah, I know there are technically "teammates" in NASCAR, but still.

Edited by Jetsfan80

Posted · Report post

I've been living in North Carolina for 9 years now.  I've embraced a lot of things about the south:  Sweet tea, country & southern rock, camping, and I already had an appreciation for college sports.

But NASCAR?  Nope.  I've never been a fan of ANY individual sports like golf or tennis.  Yeah, I know there are technically "teammates" in NASCAR, but still.

Have you ever gone to a race? I guarantee you'll be a fan after you do. 

Posted · Report post

Have you ever gone to a race? I guarantee you'll be a fan after you do. 

Nope I haven't.  I'd probably be open to it I suppose.

Posted · Report post

^^^^^^^

Sounds like something said daily in the mod lounge.

Posted · Report post

Nope I haven't.  I'd probably be open to it I suppose.

If i ever make it down to Charlotte for a race (and its a priority) you're coming with me

Posted (edited) · Report post

If i ever make it down to Charlotte for a race (and its a priority) you're coming with me

Deal.

I have a friend who is originally from Spindale, near Charlotte.  Play your cards right and we could probably crash at his folks' house too.

Edited by Jetsfan80

Posted · Report post

Deal.

I have a friend who is originally from Spindale, near Charlotte.  Play your cards right and we could probably crash at his folks' house too.

Thats all fun and good, but Id bring my uncles RV and we'd crash and party in the parking lot.  I've camped in the infield of the Pocono track. From friday to sunday night, there is no better party.  If we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it right. 

Posted · Report post

But NASCAR?  Nope.  

It's an aquired taste. It helps if you drive a Camaro, Corvette, or Mustang, something with a V8 pumping out some horses.

Posted · Report post

It's an aquired taste. It helps if you drive a Camaro, Corvette, or Mustang, something with a V8 pumping out some horses.

That's funny, because I'm planning to get a new car by the summer, and a Camaro/Mustang is a distinct possibility.  lol.

Posted · Report post

Thats all fun and good, but Id bring my uncles RV and we'd crash and party in the parking lot.  I've camped in the infield of the Pocono track. From friday to sunday night, there is no better party.  If we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it right. 

I like where your head's at.  That's awesome.

Posted · Report post

That's funny, because I'm planning to get a new car by the summer, and a Camaro/Mustang is a distinct possibility.  lol.

Let me tell you these cars have gotten expensive. Even the V6 models will set you back a pretty penny.

Posted · Report post

Let me tell you these cars have gotten expensive. Even the V6 models will set you back a pretty penny.

Yeah, I figured.  I just got a new job that will be paying me 75 % more than I was making, but I'm still looking for a car in the 25k range.  Doubt I'll be able to afford a newish Camaro or Mustang. 

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I figured.  I just got a new job that will be paying me 75 % more than I was making, but I'm still looking for a car in the 25k range.  Doubt I'll be able to afford a newish Camaro or Mustang. 

Not in the 25K range.

Posted · Report post

V6 Mustang lists around $26K. I think it has 300hp, so it's no joke.  I'm a Mopar guy though. 

Posted · Report post

V6 Mustang lists around $26K. I think it has 300hp, so it's no joke.  I'm a Mopar guy though. 

I'm a Ford guy, but I have no problem with Mopar. The new Challenger is an awesome machine.