Fantasy NASCAR anyone?

JoeC36

its not about being redneck. god knows that i have that covered lol

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to imagine a Jets fan that is kinda redneck. From the outside looking in I see most of you guys as regular dudes, like sports, cookin' out, that sort of stuff. I just don't see you being all that excited over Nascar and fishing. I've been to Times Square, hit a few bars and drank a few beers with you guys, but not ONE ever brought up Nascar. Yankees? Sure. Racing, never.

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to imagine a Jets fan that is kinda redneck. From the outside looking in I see most of you guys as regular dudes, like sports, cookin' out, that sort of stuff. I just don't see you being all that excited over Nascar and fishing. I've been to Times Square, hit a few bars and drank a few beers with you guys, but not ONE ever brought up Nascar. Yankees? Sure. Racing, never.

I can see why you would say that lol 

Im WAY outside the city.  Right on the border of NJ and PA. It is nothing like the rest of the state.  Hunting, fishing, going to the dirt track on the weekends, field parties. Most people dont know were up here. When i went to college just two counties over, no one knew where the hell Sussex County was when i would tell them.   

Plus my whole family is from Virginia. My whole childhood was spent down there.  Summers and any breaks i had i would be down there. Was basically only up here for school.

I can see why you would say that lol 

Im WAY outside the city.  Right on the border of NJ and PA. It is nothing like the rest of the state.  Hunting, fishing, going to the dirt track on the weekends, field parties. Most people dont know were up here. When i went to college just two counties over, no one knew where the hell Sussex County was when i would tell them.   

Plus my whole family is from Virginia. My whole childhood was spent down there.  Summers and any breaks i had i would be down there. Was basically only up here for school.

Virginia huh? Well now I can see the angle of the fishin' and Nascar thing. I hate to say it but I doubt the vast majority of members here could give a rats as$ about motorsports. It's just not their deal. So be it.

I've been living in North Carolina for 9 years now.  I've embraced a lot of things about the south:  Sweet tea, country & southern rock, camping, and I already had an appreciation for college sports.

But NASCAR?  Nope.  I've never been a fan of ANY individual sports like golf or tennis.  Yeah, I know there are technically "teammates" in NASCAR, but still.

I've been living in North Carolina for 9 years now.  I've embraced a lot of things about the south:  Sweet tea, country & southern rock, camping, and I already had an appreciation for college sports.

But NASCAR?  Nope.  I've never been a fan of ANY individual sports like golf or tennis.  Yeah, I know there are technically "teammates" in NASCAR, but still.

Have you ever gone to a race? I guarantee you'll be a fan after you do. 

Deal.

I have a friend who is originally from Spindale, near Charlotte.  Play your cards right and we could probably crash at his folks' house too.

Thats all fun and good, but Id bring my uncles RV and we'd crash and party in the parking lot.  I've camped in the infield of the Pocono track. From friday to sunday night, there is no better party.  If we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it right. 

But NASCAR?  Nope.  

It's an aquired taste. It helps if you drive a Camaro, Corvette, or Mustang, something with a V8 pumping out some horses.

Thats all fun and good, but Id bring my uncles RV and we'd crash and party in the parking lot.  I've camped in the infield of the Pocono track. From friday to sunday night, there is no better party.  If we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it right. 

I like where your head's at.  That's awesome.

Let me tell you these cars have gotten expensive. Even the V6 models will set you back a pretty penny.

Yeah, I figured.  I just got a new job that will be paying me 75 % more than I was making, but I'm still looking for a car in the 25k range.  Doubt I'll be able to afford a newish Camaro or Mustang. 

It's biiiiiiiig.  You can get an SXT for under $26K.  My Dad got a full boat SRT 6 speed in 2010 for around $41K and they gave him another $2500 to spend on Mopar Performance stuff. 

Like what? The thing is already stuffed with tire burning, OMG performance. I drove one! I want to try the Chevy Camaro though.

I've been through the Fords. Even drove the mid engine Ford GT. Ya' gotta nurse the throttle on wheels like that. As with the Chevy Corvette and Dodge Viper, it's a car that will jump up and grab you! Extreme performance does come with a price.

Like what? The thing is already stuffed with tire burning, OMG performance. I drove one! I want to try the Chevy Camaro though.

I've been through the Fords. Even drove the mid engine Ford GT. Ya' gotta nurse the throttle on wheels like that. As with the Chevy Corvette and Dodge Viper, it's a car that will jump up and grab you! Extreme performance does come with a price.

Hurst short throw shifter, bigger sway bars, exhaust, cold air intake, some appearance items like wheels or a Challenger T/A style hoodscoop.  I think he went for the shifter and sway bars. I spent a bunch of time researching stuff for him.  He really liked the exhaust sound and didn't want to change it.  The thing is fast and gets reasonable mileage on the highway - mid-20's, but it drops like a stone when you get off the exit ramp.  It's pretty civilized.  He daily drove a 440 4speed 70 cuda from new until the mid-80s.  Then I got it to take to college.  That is decidedly not civilized.  Poor thing has been sitting in the garage for years.

Did you ever drive the old Viper?  I've never been in one. I like the GTS, but they don't seem like something to drive around town.  I need to park on the street sometimes.  The GT must have been a hell of a ride.  I've never been in one of those either.  I rode in a Pantera once. Very strange feeling. 

Did you ever drive the old Viper?  I've never been in one. I like the GTS, but they don't seem like something to drive around town.  I need to park on the street sometimes.  The GT must have been a hell of a ride.  I've never been in one of those either.  I rode in a Pantera once. Very strange feeling. 

Never got the pleasure of driving a Viper. The Ford GT was nothing short of incredible. It had it all. I played around in it for 15 minutes when the owner came out and said "let me show you what this baby will do." I thought for sure I was gonna die, but this rig would stick to the road like glue.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived