Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maxman

Forum Upgrade

39 posts in this topic

We will be upgrading the forum software today (in a little while). There will be a little forum downtime while this runs.

Thanks.

We will be upgrading the forum software today (in a little while). There will be a little forum downtime while this runs.

Thanks.

What the hell am I supposed to do in the meantime? The rest of the internet is closed until 9am Monday morning.

sure take away the one thing in life that i even remotely enjoy. You are a horrible person

Back to browsing Mexican real estate...

We're finally getting rid of TOm?

The site is back, if I broke anything please let me know.  Thanks.

Hmm..  Im not banned so i guess the upgrade failed.

Do me a favor and clear your cache and try logging in again, lol.

We're finally getting rid of TOm?

I'm unbannable.

Do me a favor and clear your cache and try logging in again, lol.

Im married.  I dont have cache.

The site is back, if I broke anything please let me know.  Thanks.

Quoting might not be working. It appears funny when you quote somebody. Hopefully it display ok on posting.

And how do i turn it the forum page to BLUE so i can complain its BLUE.

Update: The quoting works on posting.

Edited by JetsFanInDenver

Quoting might not be working. It appears funny when you quote somebody. Hopefully it display ok on posting.

And how do i turn it the forum page to BLUE so i can complain its BLUE.

Update: The quoting works on posting.

They changed the way quoting works, it is just different now. I am looking into what our options are...thanks.

Thanks.

well i'm glad you waited until after the NFL ended to do any upgrades :)

Im married.  I dont have cache.

Thats easy for you to say! Oh BTW! how do I post a pic? I need the low down on how to!

Edited by TechJet

Viewing on my iPhone and quotes are not in boxes.

Viewing on my iPhone and quotes are not in boxes.

Thanks.  I think that is an actual bug in this new version but I am looking into it.  Hoping they have a patch in a day or so...

It takes 30 seconds for a post to load.

Thanks. I think that is an actual bug in this new version but I am looking into it. Hoping they have a patch in a day or so...

iPhone here too, you did away with rep?

It takes 30 seconds for a post to load.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.  Are you talking about when you make a new post?  Mobile skin, regular skin?

iPhone here too, you did away with rep?

Not intentionally...I will get that installed again on the mobile skin, sorry about that.  Thanks.

i feel like the double tool bar at the top is redundant. I dont think we need 2 forum tabs, 2 gallery tabs, etc. 

edit. . .that could have always been here. Im just noticing it now for some reason. 

Edited by JoeC36

that was fast. awesoem

i feel like the double tool bar at the top is redundant. I dont think we need 2 forum tabs, 2 gallery tabs, etc. 

edit. . .that could have always been here. Im just noticing it now for some reason. 

No it was new...was just there for a few minutes.  Making some changes, putting the same menu system in place site wide.  Have to find a good home for the forum specific menu:  Calendar, Chat, Members etc.  Right now it is sitting up top, but the banner is changing soon, so we will see how it looks when that is all done.  :)

I have a few issues open with IPB and I was able to replicate that issue about posting that Jif mentioned.  Hope to have an answer on that soon.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated. Are you talking about when you make a new post? Mobile skin, regular skin?

For me, the issue is with mobile skin. It took at least 30 sec for my post to load as well. Probably closer to a minute

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.  Are you talking about when you make a new post?  Mobile skin, regular skin?

Takes about 30 secs to a minute for a post to load.  I'm not a phone so regular skin I guess.  

Any post, whether replying in a thread or quoting someone, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to appear on the screen/board.  

EDIT:  when posting, on the bottom right, it says "saving post"...and then it appears.  I just counted.  Took 45 seconds for it to appear on the screen in the thread.

Edited by JiF

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0