Forum Upgrade

Quoting might not be working. It appears funny when you quote somebody. Hopefully it display ok on posting.

And how do i turn it the forum page to BLUE so i can complain its BLUE.

Update: The quoting works on posting.

They changed the way quoting works, it is just different now. I am looking into what our options are...thanks.

i feel like the double tool bar at the top is redundant. I dont think we need 2 forum tabs, 2 gallery tabs, etc. 

edit. . .that could have always been here. Im just noticing it now for some reason. 

No it was new...was just there for a few minutes.  Making some changes, putting the same menu system in place site wide.  Have to find a good home for the forum specific menu:  Calendar, Chat, Members etc.  Right now it is sitting up top, but the banner is changing soon, so we will see how it looks when that is all done.  :)

I have a few issues open with IPB and I was able to replicate that issue about posting that Jif mentioned.  Hope to have an answer on that soon.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.  Are you talking about when you make a new post?  Mobile skin, regular skin?

Takes about 30 secs to a minute for a post to load.  I'm not a phone so regular skin I guess.  

Any post, whether replying in a thread or quoting someone, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to appear on the screen/board.  

EDIT:  when posting, on the bottom right, it says "saving post"...and then it appears.  I just counted.  Took 45 seconds for it to appear on the screen in the thread.

It takes 30 seconds for a post to load.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.  Are you talking about when you make a new post?  Mobile skin, regular skin?

Takes about 30 secs to a minute for a post to load.  I'm not a phone so regular skin I guess.  

Any post, whether replying in a thread or quoting someone, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to appear on the screen/board.  

EDIT:  when posting, on the bottom right, it says "saving post"...and then it appears.  I just counted.  Took 45 seconds for it to appear on the screen in the thread.

The lag that JIF is talking about seems to be related to creating/saving a post where you've included quotes. I've had it take as long as 30-45 seconds. 

Posts without quoted text in it, not so long.

I'm viewing in the regular browser skin, not the mobile.

The lag that JIF is talking about seems to be related to creating/saving a post where you've included quotes. I've had it take as long as 30-45 seconds. 

Posts without quoted text in it, not so long.

I'm viewing in the regular browser skin, not the mobile.

Thank you.  IPB let me know what the issues are, this afternoon we should have these issues fixed:

• Post time issue
  • Mobile skin quote issue

They let me know what is causing it...working on it now.  Thanks everyone.  :)

Thank you.  IPB let me know what the issues are, this afternoon we should have these issues fixed:

• Post time issue
  • Mobile skin quote issue

They let me know what is causing it...working on it now.  Thanks everyone.  :)

Does IPB give you analytics data on the usage of some of these features?

If new features impede site performance, and those features don't get used, I'd scrap them if they are optional. For example, the "share this" to social media on every single post in a thread, a little usage data on that might reveal it never gets used and if it slows your site down, it's a great thing to scrap.

Good luck.

Does IPB give you analytics data on the usage of some of these features?

If new features impede site performance, and those features don't get used, I'd scrap them if they are optional. For example, the "share this" to social media on every single post in a thread, a little usage data on that might reveal it never gets used and if it slows your site down, it's a great thing to scrap.

Good luck.

We can pull in some of the usage data, not sure about share this on the individual posts.  I am a crazy, obsessed metric driven person, so I totally get what you are saying and you are right.  :)

The problem with the post delay was actually a new email service they have for how our emails go out.  That ironically delivers the messages from another server in order to lower the load here so to speak.  But the port was blocked so that was causing the delay.  Ironic.

We can pull in some of the usage data, not sure about share this on the individual posts.  I am a crazy, obsessed metric driven person, so I totally get what you are saying and you are right.  :)

The problem with the post delay was actually a new email service they have for how our emails go out.  That ironically delivers the messages from another server in order to lower the load here so to speak.  But the port was blocked so that was causing the delay.  Ironic.

I love the data too, it's usually my trump card over client opinions when I have to keep them from being their own worst enemy.

I love the data too, it's usually my trump card over client opinions when I have to keep them from being their own worst enemy.

Haha....the best way to protect them is to tell them the numbers disagree.  I like your style!  :)

Archived