•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jets should go Defense in this years draft - Yahoo Sport Article

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,829 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I’ll be surprised if the Jets sign any FA’s before the draft.

Think they will draft, see what they have, and supplement it with some second tier FA’s later.

Probably OL. A veteran guard would be nice if they can find one cheap

I think they need to sign at least 3rd tier FAs before the draft so that they even have a roster.  By most plans they will have no safety, OG, OLB on the roster.  I can see living with the crap they have a RB minus Greene up to the draft, but not black holes at that many positions.  Otherwise they will really risk getting caught up short.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#52 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I think they need to sign at least 3rd tier FAs before the draft so that they even have a roster.  By most plans they will have no safety, OG, OLB on the roster.  I can see living with the crap they have a RB minus Greene up to the draft, but not black holes at that many positions.  Otherwise they will really risk getting caught up short.

mini-pre-draft?

#53 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,533 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

I don't see the Jets being very active in free agency this year.
Probably sitting on their hands during the first flurry, then looking
for bargains. That's the way I'd play it, anyway. If they want to hold
onto guys like Landry, DeVito, or Keller, that'll eat into their budget,
too.

If you look at the Seahawks roster it's all a bunch of buy lows. Red Bryant...Alan Branch...Jason Jones....Marshawn Lynch was had for cheap...Kam Chancellor was one of the most productive starting safeties in the country when he was in college but his size turned teams off and made him a 4th....obviously Wilson could have gone very high if he was more prototypical...Sidney RIce was once one of the more well liked young WRs in the league but failed to live up to his Minn. contract without Favre....Zac Miller was a good TE early for Oakland but then probably injuries hit....All these guys were recognizable names amongst the JAGs of the league. I expect something like that in FA.

There's some good candidates in FA for these kind of moves too. Fred Davis the TE. A couple of safeties in Delmas and Phillips. Maybe Mendenhall at RB, he's as good a candidate as anyone for a Lynch-esque rise. Ogletree, Massaqoui, Murphy, Collie, probably others amongst the FA WRs. Anthony Fasano at TE. Maybe Tavares Gooden at ILB, but he really hasn't done anything so far. So on...there's a couple of DBs (Jenkins, McKlevin, Clements as a Bell-esque signing).

Not really anyone I am dying to see them spend money on in FA. Reggie Bush would fit this offense really well and I would love an Smith or Cherlius for the OL, but that could be understandably be seen as superfluous (a top 8 word). 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users