Do the Jets stay at 9, trade up or trade down ?

SouthernJet

Do the Jets stay at 9, trade up or trade down ?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Jets stay at 9, trade up or trade down?

• The Jets stay at #9
    • The Jets trade up from #9
    • The Jets trade down from #9

Think they will stay at 9.  There will be decent value there at a position of need that won’t be there later in the draft.  OLB

This will also be a tough draft to trade down in.  I just don’t see a player that will be there that another team will be in a must have situation for.  Very weak draft up front

I don't think there is a player worth trading up for and if even they did would they be able to pay a guy taken in the top 5 with the cap mess they have now?

Trading down and getting a late 1st and mid 2nd round pick for the #9 makes more  sense for a team full of holes.

The Jets are actually in a good spot in this draft. They need an impact pass rusher more than anything else (besides a QB), and this year's crop is top-heavy with pass rushers. There should be a very good one there at #9, and they should take him.

If there are a few they like, and they can make a move down just a couple spots, that would be nice, too. But again, it takes two to tango. There needs to be a team that hungry to move up.

Stay at 9 unless Jones and Mingo are gone, then Trade down. You have to really go BPA.

My thoughts are we all have our personal favorites. But chances are at least 2 of these guys will be studs, 2 will be solid starters and 2 will probably suck. Just gotta hope they at least get 1 out of the 4 good ones....Moore, Mingo, Jones, Jordan, Werner, Ansah.

Also maybe some guys fit the system better but if I'm Idzik I'm just drafting who I think the best player is, with Rex on a short one year leash.

With a team that so desperately lacks true impact players on both side of the ball, offensive clearly moreso, you do not trade down out of the top 10 where they most likely will be selected.  Stipulation: if none of the players we graded out as a top 10 selection is left, moving down is the obvious choice as you do not want to reach.  BPA all the way. 

I hate to say it but scouting is HUGE this year.  If we have a pass rusher that we rate as a stud and they are on the board then you take them.  If we rate say jones at a 20 something player then a team will value him enough to move up and get him.  Then we can trade down getting the extra picks we need and pick BPA.

Kinda of year you are not going to have a good player just handed to you because you have a high pick.  they are going to have to do there home work.  

This team needs offensive play makers more then anything.  Extra picks give you the freedom to take a few chances on WR, RB and TE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to hit on a gem. 

I hate to say it but scouting is HUGE this year. If we have a pass rusher that we rate as a stud and they are on the board then you take them. If we rate say jones at a 20 something player then a team will value him enough to move up and get him. Then we can trade down getting the extra picks we need and pick BPA.

Kinda of year you are not going to have a good player just handed to you because you have a high pick. they are going to have to do there home work.

This team needs offensive play makers more then anything. Extra picks give you the freedom to take a few chances on WR, RB and TE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to hit on a gem.

Which is basically the patriots philosophy...granted with a HOF QB you can afford such luxuries.

With the number of needs we have, it would be wise to trade down 4-5 spots a couple of times and pick up 2-3 extra picks in the mid rounds. I'd trade down n the 2nd round too. If we are targetting a player thats project a few picks before our 2nd rounder, I'd trade down from our 1st rounder, than trading up in the 2nd.

We really need picks this year and next and hit on most.

With the number of needs we have, it would be wise to trade down 4-5 spots a couple of times and pick up 2-3 extra picks in the mid rounds. I'd trade down n the 2nd round too. If we are targetting a player thats project a few picks before our 2nd rounder, I'd trade down from our 1st rounder, than trading up in the 2nd.

We really need picks this year and next and hit on most.

ya, i remember Pats doin that a few years ago and I was saying 'they are gonna have a slew of picks in next year or two'

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both now saying Jonathan Cooper may go into Top5-10 after combine.

You think Idzik goes old school?

When Idzik looks at this roster, he probably sees a half dozen positions more dire need than guard. So no. 

I rarely like the trade down but if the Jets can get a future 1 plus picks this year (that's the historical price for a playoff team to move up) then stockpiling would be a good thing. This team really lacks depth. 

When Idzik looks at this roster, he probably sees a half dozen positions more dire need than guard. So no. 

I rarely like the trade down but if the Jets can get a future 1 plus picks this year (that's the historical price for a playoff team to move up) then stockpiling would be a good thing. This team really lacks depth. 

If we can get a 28-32 #1 in 2013 and a 2014 #1 sign me up now.

use our 1st round on BPA and use our 2nd round pick on RB Gio Bernard

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both now saying Jonathan Cooper may go into Top5-10 after combine.

You think Idzik goes old school?

That's not old school. It's never been in vogue to take a guard in the top ten, and it never should be.

That said, I hope Cooper and Warmack both go in the top 8, giving the Jets a better choice of pass rushers. But it'll never happen.

That's not old school. It's never been in vogue to take a guard in the top ten, and it never should be.

That said, I hope Cooper and Warmack both go in the top 8, giving the Jets a better choice of pass rushers. But it'll never happen.

LOL. Old Old school u young whippersnapper ;)

Archived