•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Do the Jets stay at 9, trade up or trade down ?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Do the Jets stay at 9, trade up or trade down ? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Do the Jets stay at 9, trade up or trade down?

1. The Jets stay at #9 (29 votes [55.77%])

Percentage of vote: 55.77%

2. The Jets trade up from #9 (1 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

3. The Jets trade down from #9 (22 votes [42.31%])

Percentage of vote: 42.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Useless post is useless. 

Edited by SenorGato, 14 February 2013 - 09:33 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#27 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,135 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Is it possible DaMontre Moore turns into a Suggs situation? By that I mean failing to break a 4.8 and getting gift wrapped to Ryan at the end of the top ten.

it's very possible and that's another risk worth taking at 9

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#28 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

it's very possible and that's another risk worth taking at 9

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both now saying Jonathan Cooper may go into Top5-10 after combine.

You think Idzik goes old school?

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#29 j4jets

j4jets

Numbers guy!

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

With the number of needs we have, it would be wise to trade down 4-5 spots a couple of times and pick up 2-3 extra picks in the mid rounds. I'd trade down n the 2nd round too. If we are targetting a player thats project a few picks before our 2nd rounder, I'd trade down from our 1st rounder, than trading up in the 2nd.

We really need picks this year and next and hit on most.

#30 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

With the number of needs we have, it would be wise to trade down 4-5 spots a couple of times and pick up 2-3 extra picks in the mid rounds. I'd trade down n the 2nd round too. If we are targetting a player thats project a few picks before our 2nd rounder, I'd trade down from our 1st rounder, than trading up in the 2nd.

We really need picks this year and next and hit on most.

ya, i remember Pats doin that a few years ago and I was saying 'they are gonna have a slew of picks in next year or two'

Posted Image

#31 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,135 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both now saying Jonathan Cooper may go into Top5-10 after combine.

When Idzik looks at this roster, he probably sees a half dozen positions more dire need than guard. So no. 

I rarely like the trade down but if the Jets can get a future 1 plus picks this year (that's the historical price for a playoff team to move up) then stockpiling would be a good thing. This team really lacks depth. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#32 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

When Idzik looks at this roster, he probably sees a half dozen positions more dire need than guard. So no. 

I rarely like the trade down but if the Jets can get a future 1 plus picks this year (that's the historical price for a playoff team to move up) then stockpiling would be a good thing. This team really lacks depth. 

If we can get a 28-32 #1 in 2013 and a 2014 #1 sign me up now.

use our 1st round on BPA and use our 2nd round pick on RB Gio Bernard

Posted Image

#33 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,587 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Mel [/size]Kiper and Todd [/size]McShay both now saying Jonathan Cooper may go into Top5-10 after combine.

That's not old school. It's never been in vogue to take a guard in the top ten, and it never should be.

That said, I hope Cooper and Warmack both go in the top 8, giving the Jets a better choice of pass rushers. But it'll never happen.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#34 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

That's not old school. It's never been in vogue to take a guard in the top ten, and it never should be.

That said, I hope Cooper and Warmack both go in the top 8, giving the Jets a better choice of pass rushers. But it'll never happen.

LOL. Old Old school u young whippersnapper ;)

Posted Image

#35 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

LOL. Old Old school u young whippersnapper ;)

Luckily Idzik is closer to my age than yours. :)
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#36 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Luckily Idzik is closer to my age than yours. :)

LOL, BUT remember, he was once  a IBMer like I still am ;)

Posted Image

#37 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

LOL, BUT remember, he was once  a IBMer like I still am ;)

That's cool. If he's breaking out the spreadsheets, he knows the rate of a return on a guard is just way too low to invest a top ten pick. You need to take a potential impact player there.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#38 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

That's cool. If he's breaking out the spreadsheets, he knows the rate of a return on a guard is just way too low to invest a top ten pick. You need to take a potential impact player there.

LOL, usually yes,, but you just never know. I'll call him and say take Gio Bernard in 2nd ;)

Posted Image

#39 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,789 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

LOL, usually yes,, but you just never know. I'll call him and say take Gio Bernard in 2nd ;)

Then complain that Idzik didn't listen when the Bengals pick him at the top of the 2nd before our pick?   :winking0001:

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#40 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Then complain that Idzik didn't listen when the Bengals pick him at the top of the 2nd before our pick?   :winking0001:

Ya agree, I am hearing Bengals are eyeing him BIGTIME.

To get Gio we will have to leapfrog them in 2nd or via tradedown out of #9 move get a pick before Bengals (low 1st , high 2nd)

Posted Image

#41 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

I like to see the Jets move down and gain extra picks , take the best RB in the draft

#42 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,789 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

I like to see the Jets move down and gain extra picks , take the best RB in the draft

Sounds sort of like SJ's plan, but I don't think they'll be able to pull it off.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#43 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Sounds sort of like SJ's plan, but I don't think they'll be able to pull it off.

I think they should stay at #9. They should have a choice of pass rushers there, easily the #2 need on the team behind QB.

I also think there's a good chance they'll land a late first rounder for trading one of their CBs. That would put them in prime position for the draft's top RB, or their choice of QBs.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#44 derp

derp

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

The Jets have a ton of needs and the draft is pretty strong in the 2nd-3rd round range this year. Not that strong in the top 10 though and they could get a guy with a similar amount of question marks later than they could at 9 IMO. It would be ideal to move down and pick up another day 2 selection.

That said, who wants to move up ahead of the Titans and Chargers and for what player? Trading down is easier said than done, you need somebody to want to move up too. Maybe some team looking for an offensive lineman if they want to grab Warmack ahead of the Titans or Fisher ahead of the Chargers if he's on the board, but that's about all I can think of. I'd be surprised if Warmack goes top 10 or Fisher is available at 9 though - but it is very early.

#45 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I think they should stay at #9. They should have a choice of pass rushers there, easily the #2 need on the team behind QB.

I also think there's a good chance they'll land a late first rounder for trading one of their CBs. That would put them in prime position for the draft's top RB, or their choice of QBs.

The Jets need must think about the other side of the ball , the team scores only 10 points a game , stop going Defence every 1 pick of the draft , the Jets could have the best D in the NFL but if you can not score points the team is not going to win and there are no good QB in the draft

#46 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

The Jets need must think about the other side of the ball , the team scores only 10 points a game , stop going Defence every 1 pick of the draft , the Jets could have the best D in the NFL but if you can not score points the team is not going to win and there are no good QB in the draft

problem is unless your drafting a beast Oline guy (not sexy pick/ definite need) or find a gem of a qb your not gonna help the offense all that much

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 16 February 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#47 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Completely agree with this. Good thing Dummy's imbalanced roster leaves us with two of the best pieces of trade bait out there at a position even good teams can't find one guy at.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#48 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I chat with him before , we agree the Jets need a bid time RB , The Jets need to think offence for a change , we need to score points

#49 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

The problem is "for a change" isn't a good enough reason to force yourself into a position on draft day.

#50 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,747 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

The top of this draft nothing special but it is deeper at certain positions- so it makes sense to trade down and get extra picks IMO

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users