•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

~ ~ " Ahmad Bradshaw 'thinking about' the Jets " ~ ~

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

McKnight's an excellent kick returner; you don't become an excellent KOR without speed and skill in space. I may not see him as an every down back, but I do like him as a nice change of pace/third down type back. I like him on screens or as an outlet receiver. I think there's still a lot of untapped potential there.

He is also good running up the gut.  It was strange, but they never worked him outside much.  The used those pitches to get Greene outside on occasion (not last year) but never tried to get McKnight outside.  He might work well as a catch the dump off/ line up slot/ take the draw play back.  It would be scary to have him as our #1, but he *might* be successful.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#27 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

He is also good running up the gut.  It was strange, but they never worked him outside much.  The used those pitches to get Greene outside on occasion (not last year) but never tried to get McKnight outside.  He might work well as a catch the dump off/ line up slot/ take the draw play back.  It would be scary to have him as our #1, but he *might* be successful.

Our offense was one dimensional and boring. We weren't catching anyone off guard. McKnight has very good assets that can expose the defense. He is dynamic in certain aspects.. Powell and Greene aren't. Give the man a shot.

#28 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

At a resonable price I would take him- we need more guys with desire and fight like him

We just need some good players. 

Tank for Teddy.

#29 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Eh. I'd rather get Reggie Bush and keep him and Powell as our rb's.  Let McKnight do special teams and get Greene out of here

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#30 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Eh. I'd rather get Reggie Bush and keep him and Powell as our rb's.  Let McKnight do special teams and get Greene out of here

Bradshaw is a far superior player to Reggie Bush. Thats not even an argument. 

Tank for Teddy.

#31 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

If that's even possible

#32 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Bradshaw is a far superior player to Reggie Bush. Thats not even an argument. 

He may be more superior but Powell could easily be as effective

#33 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

He may be more superior but Powell could easily be as effective

What the heck has Powell ever shown to make anyone think that he could average over 4.5 YPC over a season? He just doesn't have that physical ability.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 12 February 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#34 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

What the heck has Powell ever shown to make anyone think that he could average over 4.5 YPC over a season? He just doesn't have that physical ability.

he has shown potential, how bout that.  What really makes you think Bradshaw would come here and be more effective than Greene.  Didn't Bradshaw basically have to give up half his workload to Andre Brown?? I wonder why...actually i know why...bc hes not that good and Brown shows more potential...as does David Wilson.  

#35 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

he has shown potential, how bout that. What really makes you think Bradshaw would come here and be more effective than Greene. Didn't Bradshaw basically have to give up half his workload to Andre Brown?? I wonder why...actually i know why...bc hes not that good and Brown shows more potential...as does David Wilson.

Because he's a far superior player to greene? And the Jets don't have Andre brown or David Wilson do they?

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 12 February 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#36 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Because he's a far superior player to greene? And the Jets don't have Andre brown or David Wilson do they?

Wait a second...your telling me the Jets dont have Brown and Wilson on their team??????? Holy Crap!!!!!! I had no idea!!! 

and a far superior player than Greene is like a Chris Johnson or maybe a Jamal Charles....Bradshaw is a slightly better player than Greene....your way off bruh...get off Bradshaws jock already

#37 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Our offense was one dimensional and boring. We weren't catching anyone off guard. McKnight has very good assets that can expose the defense. He is dynamic in certain aspects.. Powell and Greene aren't. Give the man a shot.

I think that they intended to.  McKnight was hurt almost the entire year.  He came back and tried to tough it out, but he was dealing with that lingering high ankle sprain most of the year.  Near the end of the season he had migraine problems.  He was dealing with hamstring problems through camp and to the start of the season. The hamstring and a shoulder stinger he got fighting with the RB coaches kid let Powell jump him in the first place.  Then there were the weeks he had to practice at WR and CB because of injuries.  Pretty much a lost season.  He is the one guy that seems tailor made for Mornhinweg.

#38 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Wait a second...your telling me the Jets dont have Brown and Wilson on their team??????? Holy Crap!!!!!! I had no idea!!! 

and a far superior player than Greene is like a Chris Johnson or maybe a Jamal Charles....Bradshaw is a slightly better player than Greene....your way off bruh...get off Bradshaws jock already

His metrics are far superior. If you want to argue that he's not better than guys who are top 5 RB's in the NFL than sure but then you're gonna have to show how the Jets can get those guys. They aren't free agents and Bradshaw is.

Tank for Teddy.

#39 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I think that they intended to.  McKnight was hurt almost the entire year.  He came back and tried to tough it out, but he was dealing with that lingering high ankle sprain most of the year.  Near the end of the season he had migraine problems.  He was dealing with hamstring problems through camp and to the start of the season. The hamstring and a shoulder stinger he got fighting with the RB coaches kid let Powell jump him in the first place.  Then there were the weeks he had to practice at WR and CB because of injuries.  Pretty much a lost season.  He is the one guy that seems tailor made for Mornhinweg.

McKnight has never shown to be a good pass catcher/route runner which is what he'd need to be for the role you're talking about.

Tank for Teddy.

#40 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

McKnight has never shown to be a good pass catcher/route runner which is what he'd need to be for the role you're talking about.

LOL.  He was a poor pass catcher/route runner so they moved him to WR?  He didn't do much, I will give you that, but he has certainly looked good enough out of the backfield.  I don't remember the backs running so many routes as swinging out and beating LBs anyway.

#41 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

His metrics are far superior. If you want to argue that he's not better than guys who are top 5 RB's in the NFL than sure but then you're gonna have to show how the Jets can get those guys. They aren't free agents and Bradshaw is.

I dont have to show anything for starters.  I clearly gave you an example of what a "far superior" player is compared to Greene. Never said we were going to go get a top 5 rb.

And his metric are better??? how about the main reason he was effective last season avg 4.5 ypc was bc the Giants had great ability on most games to stretch the field so the defense couldn't crowd the line as much....which gave Bradshaw a better shot each run. Put him on the Jets and which him NOT avg more than 3 ypc next season

#42 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Just what we need another over paid over the hill crock. Sign him up...

#43 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

#27TheDominator, on 12 Feb 2013 - 16:58, said:
LOL. He was a poor pass catcher/route runner so they moved him to WR? He didn't do much, I will give you that, but he has certainly looked good enough out of the backfield. I don't remember the backs running so many routes as swinging out and beating LBs anyway.

He had 1 catch last season and 13 in 2011.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 12 February 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#44 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I dont have to show anything for starters.  I clearly gave you an example of what a "far superior" player is compared to Greene. Never said we were going to go get a top 5 rb.

And his metric are better??? how about the main reason he was effective last season avg 4.5 ypc was bc the Giants had great ability on most games to stretch the field so the defense couldn't crowd the line as much....which gave Bradshaw a better shot each run. Put him on the Jets and which him NOT avg more than 3 ypc next season

Their best deep threat was out most of the season so that really isn't a great argument. He's avg'ed 4.6 yards for his whole career too. 

Tank for Teddy.

#45 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

He had 1 catch last season and 13 in 2011.

...and that is completely meaningless to this discussion.  The team has not looked to throw to backs in ages and McKnight was hurt and dicked around last year.  I'm not saying the guy is a lock to blow up, but to think that his skillset isn't suited to catching passes out of the backfield is silly.  We are hoping that guys will who were under or improperly utilized will blossom and he is a prime candidate.

#46 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

...and that is completely meaningless to this discussion.  The team has not looked to throw to backs in ages and McKnight was hurt and dicked around last year.  I'm not saying the guy is a lock to blow up, but to think that his skillset isn't suited to catching passes out of the backfield is silly.  We are hoping that guys will who were under or improperly utilized will blossom and he is a prime candidate.

He's shown nothing as an offensive player at all. Relying on any production from him is a pretty big gamble for a team that needs more sure things and less gambles.

Tank for Teddy.

#47 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

He's shown nothing as an offensive player at all. Relying on any production from him is a pretty big gamble for a team that needs more sure things and less gambles.

Who the **** is relying on him? Even if he were a good player he's a pretty big injury risk.  I just think he is obviously well suited to the smaller receiving back role that the Jets haven't used in their pursuit of smash mouth football.  For what the Jets wanted to do from 2009-2012 Greene and probably Powell were better suited.  For what Mornhinweg wants to do I am betting that McKnight is closer to the ideal.

#48 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Who the **** is relying on him? Even if he were a good player he's a pretty big injury risk.  I just think he is obviously well suited to the smaller receiving back role that the Jets haven't used in their pursuit of smash mouth football.  For what the Jets wanted to do from 2009-2012 Greene and probably Powell were better suited.  For what Mornhinweg wants to do I am betting that McKnight is closer to the ideal.

There is nothing that you could possibly want to do on a football field where a backfield of Shonn Greene, Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight are well suited.

Tank for Teddy.

#49 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

There is nothing that you could possibly want to do on a football field where a backfield of Shonn Greene, Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight are well suited.

Whatever.  Go quote some metrics.  Shonn Greene was the best back on a team that made it to the AFC title game twice with almost no passing game.  They must all be useless!

#50 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Whatever.  Go quote some metrics.  Shonn Greene was the best back on a team that made it to the AFC title game twice with almost no passing game.  They must all be useless!

He wasn't in 2009. He was slightly better than a washed up LT in 2010. None of that really means anything. If you like a RB with no speed, no elusiveness and no ability to catch the ball out of the backfield then Shonn Greene is your man!

Tank for Teddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users