~ ~ " Ahmad Bradshaw 'thinking about' the Jets " ~ ~

kelly

Ahmad Bradshaw 'thinking about' the Jets

nyj.gifCould former New York Giants starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw trade in his "Big Blue" colors for a "Gang Green" jersey next season ?

According to the two-time Super Bowl champion, he is not ruling out a chance to stay in the New York area."Whoever I feel that I can get a better chance of playing and helping which team," Bradshaw said on the NFL Network Tuesday. "The New York Jets are a team that I've kinda been thinking about, just to stay home, not make a big move from New York. It's just right across the street from
where I am now."

If this is the case, the offensively-challenged Jets would be silly not to listen.Bradshaw is the type of explosive tailback the Jets are looking for.He rushed for 1,015 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry last season. Jets leading rusher Shonn Greene, who lacks big-play ability, is an unrestricted free agent and probably won't return.

But there are two issues for the Jets to consider: health and money.Bradshaw has battled injuries the past two seasons, and durability could be a concern. The Jets also began the offseason about $19 million over the cap and might not have enough wiggle room to afford Bradshaw in
free agency.

Pass on Bradshaw.

Guy has been a good player for the Giants, but I think his time is close to done.  Multiple leg injuries for a RB is not a good sign.

There are plenty of good RB’s in the mid rounds of this years draft.  Take one

Except the Jets need 2 RB's. Bradshaw isn't getting a big contract because of his feet. The Jets should sign him PLUS draft a RB in the 3rd/4th.

Not sure how you define terrible. That would probably be the worst backfield in the NFL if the draft pick isn't a home run.

I'm generally against giving veteran RBs their second contracts. If a guy like Steven Jackson wanted to come here, I'd be interested, but Bradshaw is no Jackson.

I'd love for the Jets to take a RB in the second or third this year, and yes, I'd be hoping for a home run. But I don't think Powell and McKnight are terrible. I'm hoping Mornhinweg can get something out of McKnight, in particular.

I'm generally against giving veteran RBs their second contracts. If a guy like Steven Jackson wanted to come here, I'd be interested, but Bradshaw is no Jackson.

I'd love for the Jets to take a RB in the second or third this year, and yes, I'd be hoping for a home run. But I don't think Powell and McKnight are terrible. I'm hoping Mornhinweg can get something out of McKnight, in particular.

Bradshaw isn't Jackson... He's better, and almost 3 years younger and has 40% of the carries Jackson does on his tires. He's had a better DVOA 3 years in a row even playing through injuries ntm having a much better career YPC. The only thing Jackson does better is catch the football.

Bradshaw isn't Jackson... He's better, and almost 3 years younger and has 40% of the carries Jackson does on his tires. He's had a better DVOA 3 years in a row even playing through injuries ntm having a much better career YPC. The only thing Jackson does better is catch the football.

Tires?  The guy has bad feet.  There comes a time when this "wear and tear" debate goes beyond stupid.  One guy has broken down, the other hasn't.  Isn't DVOA related to the amount of time played?  The guy can't carry a team because you can't count on him.  Jackson is a better RB.  You are seriously going to compare playing RB for the Rams with the Giants where teams are scared sh*tless of the passing game?  I think they should kick the tires on Bradshaw in a Kenny Phillips, Laron Landry way - like the article posted on Schwartz.  See if you can get him on a cheaper prove himself type of deal.  If not, pass. 

BTW, I am fully aware that the response to my last 3 sentences should be "duh"

Tires? The guy has bad feet. There comes a time when this "wear and tear" debate goes beyond stupid. One guy has broken down, the other hasn't. Isn't DVOA related to the amount of time played? The guy can't carry a team because you can't count on him. Jackson is a better RB. You are seriously going to compare playing RB for the Rams with the Giants where teams are scared sh*tless of the passing game? I think they should kick the tires on Bradshaw in a Kenny Phillips, Laron Landry way - like the article posted on Schwartz. See if you can get him on a cheaper prove himself type of deal. If not, pass.

DOVA isn't effected by playing time. He's only missed only 3 games more than Jackson has in the last 5 years since he came in the league and he's played at a higher level. You're saying that Jackson having almost 1400 more carries than Bradshaw does in his career thats not something that should be taken into account?

Bradshaw is the type of veteran player we need here. His health is a huge risk, but if we add him and a rookie all-purpose back in the draft, and split the load while the kid is groomed, I think it would do a world of good.

Bradshaw is supposedly a heart and soul of the locker room type of guy. We need that sh*t badly.

I agree with this, 100% of the time.

This wouldn't be the second contract for Bradshaw though, right? Would be more like 3rd or 4th? I can't recall, but I do think he's a worthwhile addition as a veteran on the cheap.

Second contracts for RBs are where teams tend to pay their stud for what they accomplished on their rookie deal. Like Chris Johnson. Nobody wants that here.

What are you smoking?

McKnight's an excellent kick returner; you don't become an excellent KOR without speed and skill in space. I may not see him as an every down back, but I do like him as a nice change of pace/third down type back. I like him on screens or as an outlet receiver. I think there's still a lot of untapped potential there.

Bradshaw is the type of veteran player we need here. His health is a huge risk, but if we add him and a rookie all-purpose back in the draft, and split the load while the kid is groomed, I think it would do a world of good.

Bradshaw is supposedly a heart and soul of the locker room type of guy. We need that sh*t badly.

" ...Bradshaw is supposedly a heart and soul of the locker room type of guy. We need that sh*t badly. "

~ ~ agreed ! !

if we can sign him for reasonable $ ;  cool ~ ~ ~

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

McKnight's an excellent kick returner; you don't become an excellent KOR without speed and skill in space. I may not see him as an every down back, but I do like him as a nice change of pace/third down type back. I like him on screens or as an outlet receiver. I think there's still a lot of untapped potential there.

He is also good running up the gut.  It was strange, but they never worked him outside much.  The used those pitches to get Greene outside on occasion (not last year) but never tried to get McKnight outside.  He might work well as a catch the dump off/ line up slot/ take the draw play back.  It would be scary to have him as our #1, but he *might* be successful.

He is also good running up the gut.  It was strange, but they never worked him outside much.  The used those pitches to get Greene outside on occasion (not last year) but never tried to get McKnight outside.  He might work well as a catch the dump off/ line up slot/ take the draw play back.  It would be scary to have him as our #1, but he *might* be successful.

Our offense was one dimensional and boring. We weren't catching anyone off guard. McKnight has very good assets that can expose the defense. He is dynamic in certain aspects.. Powell and Greene aren't. Give the man a shot.

What the heck has Powell ever shown to make anyone think that he could average over 4.5 YPC over a season? He just doesn't have that physical ability.

he has shown potential, how bout that.  What really makes you think Bradshaw would come here and be more effective than Greene.  Didn't Bradshaw basically have to give up half his workload to Andre Brown?? I wonder why...actually i know why...bc hes not that good and Brown shows more potential...as does David Wilson.  

he has shown potential, how bout that. What really makes you think Bradshaw would come here and be more effective than Greene. Didn't Bradshaw basically have to give up half his workload to Andre Brown?? I wonder why...actually i know why...bc hes not that good and Brown shows more potential...as does David Wilson.

Because he's a far superior player to greene? And the Jets don't have Andre brown or David Wilson do they?

Archived