•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Super Bowl Saturday?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,761 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

The NFL, preparing for the possibility of bad weather hitting the New York/New Jersey region on Super Bowl XLVIII game day, is exploring playing the game on a Saturday or delaying it for several days, according to a published report.

"We have to look at all the angles: storm arriving day-of-game, storm arriving prior to game, storm arriving after game," a source told the Sports Business Journal.

Super Bowl XLVIII is slated to be played on Feb. 2, 2014 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. It will be the first Super Bowl ever held in an open-air stadium in a cold-weather region.

As the report points out, rescheduling the game, however, could create a myriad of problems for fans, who might be forced to reschedule flights and extend/cancel hotel stays.

"As we do for every Super Bowl, we have been planning for all possibilities and are creating various contingency plans to deal with each potential situation," an NFL spokesperson wrote in an email to ESPNNewYork.com, adding that the league would not comment on specifics so far in advance of the game.

Mike Mazzeo is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#2 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,773 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

How great would it be if it was rescheduled next year.  We will all get tickets for $40 for the first ever Tuesday Super Bowl, lol.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#3 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,533 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Does any of this have to do with worries about the actual game? I get the feeling that so much of this has to do with the dumb halftime show and how comfortable the 1%ers (MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN) will be.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#4 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think Super Bowl should be on Saturday. That way you can recover from the hangover at home and not at work.

#5 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,761 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Play it on Monday night- let them freeze out there

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#6 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think Super Bowl should be on Saturday. That way you can recover from the hangover at home and not at work.

+1 

I can only imagine how many employees call out sick the Monday after the SB.

#7 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Figuring out the weather is about as accurate as figuring out the draft.

This should be fun

#8 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,470 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Here's a novel concept, let the Super Bowl be played even in bad weather.  You know, the way every other football game is all season long.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#9 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Here's a novel concept, let the Super Bowl be played even in bad weather.  You know, the way every other football game is all season long.

problem is if there is a storm people cant get to the game

#10 billybroome

billybroome

Bengalszone's Bad Boy, been here since '05.

• Members
  • 2,672 posts
  • LocationPrescott Arizona

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

You hit the nail on the head Denver. I don't know how you east coast people deal with the game coming on so late, then having to show up at work still f**ked up.

#11 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,829 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

+1 

I can only imagine how many employees call out sick the Monday after the SB.

You hit the nail on the head Denver. I don't know how you east coast people deal with the game coming on so late, then having to show up at work still f**ked up.

Super Bowl Monday isn't a national holiday?  We still showed up for work even when we were 6 hours earlier than EST in Milan.  We expected all speech to be soft and and understanding public and we generally got it.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#12 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,114 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

i think the superbowl should be played Wednesday at 1 pm eastern

Blackout, on 16 Oct 2014 - 10:28 PM, said: i HATE saying this but CJ2k is now CJ 0.5K at this point

#13 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

Super Bowl Monday isn't a national holiday?  We still showed up for work even when we were 6 hours earlier than EST in Milan.  We expected all speech to be soft and and understanding public and we generally got it.

Good reasons to hold it on Saturday evening!

#14 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

We got to at least come in at Noon.

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#15 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,829 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

We got to at least come in at Noon.

Noon would have been great.  We closed to the public at 12:30!  The Super Bowl wasn't bad.  Easy to explain.  Those Thursday night games were difficult for non-Americans to comprehend.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#16 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

the reason why Super Bowl isn't on Saturday is because people like to go out and party on that night. Sunday night everyone's watching TV. it's all about ratings, and Saturday is a ratings graveyard. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#17 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

the reason why Super Bowl isn't on Saturday is because people like to go out and party on that night. Sunday night everyone's watching TV. it's all about ratings, and Saturday is a ratings graveyard. 

Not if you put the Super Bowl on it. It flips the whole thing. People WILL watch the game.

#18 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,973 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Think of all the money the host city will lose on hotels and partying the night before.

Folks will be leaving town on Sunday instead of Monday.

#19 billybroome

billybroome

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Think of all the money the host city will lose on hotels and partying the night before.

Folks will be leaving town on Sunday instead of Monday.

Good point.

#20 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Not if you put the Super Bowl on it. It flips the whole thing. People WILL watch the game.

this is probably true but it's a risky move for network execs who have seen thousands of shows fail on Saturday night. It's historically a graveyard of television programming. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users