If you could keep 5 Jets (forget the cap, etc.)

SouthernJet

Sort of like the old LifeBoat drills managers do at companies to 'rate ' employees to determine layoffs.

If you could keep any 5 Jets for 2013 who would they be? Forget the cap and all other stuff (this is for fun and pure talent reasons), just what 5 jets do you think bring most talent, skills, intangibles etc that make you say "I want those 5"

1. Revis

2. Mo Wilkerson

3. Mangold

4. Coples

5. Cromartie

I'm not a huge Ferguson fan, but LT > C and I'd certainly keep him over Coples.  The beauty of Coples is that he is on a reasonable rookie deal, but while I like his potential I  haven't seen the surefire star the rest of the board has.

This. Coples shows flashes but not every down consistency.

I'm not a huge Ferguson fan, but LT > C and I'd certainly keep him over Coples.  The beauty of Coples is that he is on a reasonable rookie deal, but while I like his potential I  haven't seen the surefire star the rest of the board has.

Good point. I'd maybe keep Brick over Mangold or Coples. 

Revis

Wilkerson

Brick

Mangold

Cromartie

Coples

Brandon Moore

Laron Landry

Stephen Hill

Demario Davis

Ugh.

I dont know how you can put davis over kerley or holmes but my 5 was the same as the  OP before i opened the thread.  Was thinking maybe brick over cro but after this last year, Cro was playing with his hair on fiyah.

I dont know how you can put davis over kerley or holmes but my 5 was the same as the  OP before i opened the thread.  Was thinking maybe brick over cro but after this last year, Cro was playing with his hair on fiyah.

Forgot about Kerley, but I don't over-rate him like other fans. He's the silver lining of our WR corps. Holmes I'd drop in a heartbeat.

I kept a combination of players that have shown they are our best, and a couple that have much higher ceilings that what we've seen from them... mostly because the guys they were drafted to replaced are terrible.

Forgot about Kerley, but I don't over-rate him like other fans. He's the silver lining of our WR corps. Holmes I'd drop in a heartbeat.

I kept a combination of players that have shown they are our best, and a couple that have much higher ceilings that what we've seen from them... mostly because the guys they were drafted to replaced are terrible.

surprised you have seen that from Davis.  Kerley with zero help from QB or other WRs this year showed much more IMO.

Um.... what? Why? I think you're exaggerating now.

A great interior DL talent is harder to find than a great interior OL talent. Teams spend years looking for a DL like Wilkerson. Meanwhile Jonathan Goodwin, Mawae's old backup here, has been to two Super Bowls in the past 5 years. 

Um.... what? Why? I think you're exaggerating now.

It's just that the overall difference in play between the best center in the league and the league average, is nowhere near that of the difference between the top 34 DE and a league average.  It's not saying Mangold isn't awesome, he is, but guys like Wilkerson have much more of an impact and are usually harder to find.    

Archived