•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

If you could keep 5 Jets (forget the cap, etc.)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Revis

Wilkerson

Brick

Mangold

Cromartie

Coples

Brandon Moore

Laron Landry

Stephen Hill

Demario Davis

Ugh.

I dont know how you can put davis over kerley or holmes but my 5 was the same as the  OP before i opened the thread.  Was thinking maybe brick over cro but after this last year, Cro was playing with his hair on fiyah.

#27 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,263 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I dont know how you can put davis over kerley or holmes but my 5 was the same as the  OP before i opened the thread.  Was thinking maybe brick over cro but after this last year, Cro was playing with his hair on fiyah.

Forgot about Kerley, but I don't over-rate him like other fans. He's the silver lining of our WR corps. Holmes I'd drop in a heartbeat.

I kept a combination of players that have shown they are our best, and a couple that have much higher ceilings that what we've seen from them... mostly because the guys they were drafted to replaced are terrible.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#28 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Forgot about Kerley, but I don't over-rate him like other fans. He's the silver lining of our WR corps. Holmes I'd drop in a heartbeat.

I kept a combination of players that have shown they are our best, and a couple that have much higher ceilings that what we've seen from them... mostly because the guys they were drafted to replaced are terrible.

surprised you have seen that from Davis.  Kerley with zero help from QB or other WRs this year showed much more IMO.

#29 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

1. REVIS

2. REVIS

3. REVIS

4. REVIS

5. REVIS

6. WILKERSON

7. MANGOLD

8. COPLES

9. LANDRY

10. CRO

8.gif

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#30 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Kerley, Landry and Wilkerson all over Mangold?

Wilkerson over Mangold isn't a hard choice as great as Mangold can be.

Edited by SenorGato, 13 February 2013 - 11:35 AM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#31 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I remember 2010 when Holmes was getting a handy from everyone on this board. You are no longer shiny, sir.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#32 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Wilkerson over Mangold isn't a hard choice as great as Mangold can be.

Um.... what? Why? I think you're exaggerating now.

Edited by stoicsentry, 13 February 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#33 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

A great interior DL talent is harder to find than a great interior OL talent. Teams spend years looking for a DL like Wilkerson. Meanwhile Jonathan Goodwin, Mawae's old backup here, has been to two Super Bowls in the past 5 years. 

Edited by SenorGato, 13 February 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#34 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,014 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I remember 2010 when Holmes was getting a handy from everyone on this board. You are no longer shiny, sir.

Ooooooof course yoooooouuuuu doooooooo
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#35 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,638 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

It's just that the overall difference in play between the best center in the league and the league average, is nowhere near that of the difference between the top 34 DE and a league average.  It's not saying Mangold isn't awesome, he is, but guys like Wilkerson have much more of an impact and are usually harder to find.    

#36 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Revis
Cro
Mangold
Wilkerson
Brick

That's the best list I could come up with too. Landry and Harris would just miss. Not one offensive skill player comes close.

#37 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Of course. But talent outweighs what amounts to not much. He'll slide a bit but someone will take him in the first.

He better have an outstanding combine for that to happen.

#38 JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Kerley, Landry and Wilkerson all over Mangold?

Probably not to be honest but i think Kerley will flourish in the new system

#39 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Probably not to be honest but i think Kerley will flourish in the new system

Yeah. Considering he had 827 yards last season with Sanchez throwing to him, I bet he'll thrive in any system.

#40 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Of course. But talent outweighs what amounts to not much. He'll slide a bit but someone will take him in the first.

I mean its not just the whole fake girlfriend thing, Manti got exposed against Bama, he looked awful in that game

Posted Image

#41 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

I mean its not just the whole fake girlfriend thing, Manti got exposed against Bama, he looked awful in that game

I think you could have looked at similarly sized guys in the league, noted that most are a little slow for where the game is after a couple years( though they usually start really strong like Harris), and seen a real drop coming for him no matter what. He's good enough to be gone by the early 2nd, which is where a lot of those kind of guys seem to fall to year after year....Harris, Woodley (though as a DE/OLB), Spikes, and I just forgot who else but there's a couple others from recent years.

I don't know how much of an on field leader he is, but I assume that took a hit during the process. Lucky for him the Ravens, Steelers, maybe Jets, and pretty much every other 3-4 team could use an ILB, where he profiles well.

Edit: Oh yeah...Ryans...I think Goff or Lofton went in that early-mid second range...maybe both...I still feel like I'm missing others.

Edited by SenorGato, 14 February 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#42 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

That's fair, but it's only one game and it was a game in which he was going through a lot of personal turmoil.  And let's not forget that Bama made a lot of players look bad, including Jarvis Jones.  Someone will take him in the first round because you can plug him in the next 10 years and be satisfied in your MLB position and a leader in the locker room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users