Trainer expects Darrelle Revis to be good to go in April

F.Chowds

A personal trainer who has worked with Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis throughout his career says Revis is on pace to be ready to get back to work in April, seven months after he suffered a torn ACL.

Will Sullivan, who works with Revis specifically on on-field training, told Conor Orr of the Star-Ledger that Revis will be in just as good shape for this year’s training camp as he is in any other.

“We’re going to make sure when camp starts he’s going to be in condition,” Sullivan said.

Sullivan said Revis’s rehabilitation from surgery four months ago is progressing well, and Revis will be ready to leave the gym and hit the field in a couple more months.

“For me, I think I’m thumbs up in April, I’m going to get the green light [that Revis is ready for on-field work] in April,” Sullivan said. “The great thing is, there’s been no setbacks, it’s been a great surgery, he’s doing the right things — he hasn’t done too much, he hasn’t done too little. He’s doing just enough to make sure he’s cooperating with the doctor and physical therapist. Once I get the green light in April, it’s time to go hit it hard on the field.”

Revis’s comeback is complicated by reports that the Jets will consider trading him. But wherever Revis is playing, he should be ready to go well before the start of the season.

Never doubted that Revis would be good to go in short order. You can bitch about his financial priorities, but the guy is a pro's pro when it comes to hard work and preparation.

This report has some interesting timing. Could be an effort to show potential trade partners that Revis is doing just fine, and well worth mucho compensation before the draft.

Never doubted that Revis would be good to go in short order. You can bitch about his financial priorities, but the guy is a pro's pro when it comes to hard work and preparation.

This report has some interesting timing. Could be an effort to show potential trade partners that Revis is doing just fine, and well worth mucho compensation before the draft.

Yeah, interesting timing and interesting choice of month with April.

I heard Elway called him the missing piece. Apparently doesn't know that he's just a CB and CBs aren't real difference makers.

I agree about his work, just as long as he's not holding out.

I'm also sure him and his people are happy to make the point that he wants a contract this year, regardless of who it's coming from, and has no plans to leave a penny on the table because of his health.

Oh well. It was nice watching him perform his craft. Let's see what kind of haul the Jets can get and see how the revamped talent evaluation pays off with the picks we get. At the end of the day, it's a business.

Two firsts... that turn out something like Ducasse and Kyle Wilson.

Yeah, interesting timing and interesting choice of month with April.

I heard Elway called him the missing piece. Apparently doesn't know that he's just a CB and CBs aren't real difference makers.

Do you call a CB that shuts down every #1 WR in the league..every time...not a difference maker?

makes+no+sense+to+me+_4d91ea02f74c8f9647

No, they don't put points on the board.

But they prevent points from being put on the board against you. Last time I checked you have to play defense too in a game of football so to act like a defensive player cant be a difference maker bc he doesn't put points on the board is ignorant.

But they prevent points from being put on the board against you. Last time I checked you have to play defense too in a game of football so to act like a defensive player cant be a difference maker bc he doesn't put points on the board is ignorant.

The further away from the QB you are the less value you have. Only way to shut down QBs is to pressure them, and with Revis the Jets won't be able to get pressure. Plus the team has to save the cap space for QB of the Future.

Archived