Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

cassel > foles

#27 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,508 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

You don't sell the farm for him, but you certainly inquire about him.

If MM likes him, don't get in a bidding war with KC, but see if he is available

#28 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,508 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

By the way here's a good article on the subject

http://www.jetnation...t-fit-for-jets/

#29 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,462 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

More likely Reid probably squeezes good performance out of him or Stanzi, who isn't a bad developmental QB. 

reid trading for foles seems more likely than reid trying to make cassel or stanzi good. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#30 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,574 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

reid trading for foles seems more likely than reid trying to make cassel or stanzi good.

Why does it seem that way? Cassel has pulled off multiple (two) quality starting seasons as a starter, and it's not some crazy out there idea that a healthy him can thrive under Reid. Stanzi is eh (only one of those 60%/3000 yard college seasons while Foles has three), but not untalented as a developmental guy.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#31 bmd71

bmd71

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

You don't sell the farm for him, but you certainly inquire about him.

If MM likes him, don't get in a bidding war with KC, but see if he is available

I agree with this.  If he's available, you have to kick the tires to see what the cost would be. 

#32 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Would love the Jets to make this move.

He already has a better completion percentage than Sancho.

#33 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

That is the way I'd look at it. Foles would actually be cheaper than a second round pick because there'd be no signing bonus, too. If Mornhinweg likes him, he's definitely worth a look.

this year's starter---future backup.

#34 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,462 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Why does it seem that way? Cassel has pulled off multiple (two) quality starting seasons as a starter, and it's not some crazy out there idea that a healthy him can thrive under Reid. Stanzi is eh (only one of those 60%/3000 yard college seasons while Foles has three), but not untalented as a developmental guy.

to put this conversation into perspective, Cassel is viewed as a worse QB than Sanchez. The Chiefs are actually more desperate than the Jets to replace their QB. 

Fwiw today the Eagles said it would take a big deal to get Foles. I think that's posturing considering he's got no use in Chip Kelly's offense. 

#35 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Andy picked Foles once and he'll do it again. This isn't really an option for the Jets. Foles already knows Andy's plays and will pay more than the Jets, by virtue of their better draft position (1 instead of 9 in every round) and not wanting to draft Geno. 

you are probably right.  but won't he know the Jets plays also?  he might have a better relationship with MM.  Of course Foles has nothing to say about where he plays, tho.

Edited by jack48, 15 February 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#36 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

to put this conversation into perspective, Cassel is viewed as a worse QB than Sanchez. The Chiefs are actually more desperate than the Jets to replace their QB. 

Fwiw today the Eagles said it would take a big deal to get Foles. I think that's posturing considering he's got no use in Chip Kelly's offense. 

who thinks cassel is worse then sanchize?

#37 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,462 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

who thinks cassel is worse then sanchize?

ask any KC fan. These people haven't seen a playoff win since 1993. Sanchez has 4 of em. 

#38 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,574 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Who is the viewer here? Some still hopeful Jets fan? I don't buy that, though I get that relative to real franchise guys Cassel does suck.

If Foles can pass the ball well then he fits into anyone's offense.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#39 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,574 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

ask any KC fan. These people haven't seen a playoff win since 1993. Sanchez has 4 of em.

So what you meant to say is that the Chiefs are a worse team than the Jets. Ask any Jet fan how they feel about Sanchez.

#40 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,462 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

So what you meant to say is that the Chiefs are a worse team than the Jets. Ask any Jet fan how they feel about Sanchez.

objectively it sounds like we are agreeing Cassel is worse than Mark. on age alone Mark at least there's the (slim) hope he gets better. Cassel isn't getting better, not under Andy, not ever.

#41 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I am starting to get in the Tyler Bray bandwagon, young, can still be taught by sitting a year, quick release and is accurate. I would be real happy going with Vols in the first and second with Patterson in first, Bray in second
In Rex I trust

#42 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,574 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

objectively it sounds like we are agreeing Cassel is worse than Mark. on age alone Mark at least there's the (slim) hope he gets better. Cassel isn't getting better, not under Andy, not ever.

1. How in the hell are you getting that we agree on Sanchez being better than Cassel (or anyone but the absolute bottom)?

2. Cassel doesnt have to get better, just healthy. He's been better. Reid is the perfect coach to return him to a solid starter level so long as Cassel is recovered from whatever has slowed him down the past two years.

3. You are right about age being an advantage for Sanchez. Throw in health.

#43 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,495 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

I am starting to get in the Tyler Bray bandwagon, young, can still be taught by sitting a year, quick release and is accurate. I would be real happy going with Vols in the first and second with Patterson in first, Bray in second

Is Bray projecting into the 2nd round now?  That seems high.  He's my favorite QB in the class, fwiw, but I'm not taking him in round 2.  Maybe 3.  4 no doubt.  

Posted Image

#44 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,036 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Ugh... do not want.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#45 Churchill

Churchill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLondon, England Circa 1945

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

At first, in my haste, I read this topic's title as "QB Foley".

I was dissapointed when I realized Glenn Floey was not making a very late comeback attempt.

Posted Image
Killing the Hun, Protecting Civilization.
So bad, we can name our tanks "Matilda".

#46 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,462 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Cassel doesnt have to get better, just healthy. He's been better. Reid is the perfect coach to return him to a solid starter level so long as Cassel is recovered from whatever has slowed him down the past two years. 

That's not what the KC fanbase believes. that's what certain hopeful Foles-wanting Jets fans believe.  ;)

Edited by bitonti, 15 February 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#47 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Is Bray projecting into the 2nd round now? That seems high. He's my favorite QB in the class, fwiw, but I'm not taking him in round 2. Maybe 3. 4 no doubt.

I am thinking by the time the draft comes QBs always always seem to rise and get picked higher then projected. I dont see him there in the third.

Edited by JayKwaz, 15 February 2013 - 04:13 PM.

In Rex I trust

#48 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,462 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I am thinking by the time the draft comes QBs always always seem to rise and get picked higher then projected. I dont see him there in the third.

looking for QBs in this draft is like panning for gold in the toilet

#49 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

looking for QBs in this draft is like panning for gold in the toilet

You made me laugh with that one. But Bray is growing in me and I would Love to also draft Renfree to challenge or at least be a solid #2 once he is healthy.
In Rex I trust

#50 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 24,545 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

My prediction is one of these QB's will break through and surprise on the good side- now pick which one

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users