Tannenbaum- "I'd build my franchise around Russell Wilson over Luck, RG3 and Kaepernick"

Matt39

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luck is the best, by far, and it isn't close. 

Luck was frenetic in the pocket and doesnt have the arm or running ability as Wilson. Wilson was by far the most composed of the 3 down the stretch last season. ANd I like Luck a lot....just dont think he's the HOF lock people already make him out to be.

Luck was frenetic in the pocket and doesnt have the arm or running ability as Wilson. Wilson was by far the most composed of the 3 down the stretch last season. ANd I like Luck a lot....just dont think he's the HOF lock people already make him out to be.

running ability on a QB lasts about 2 years. Eventually a DE will catch up to him and break his leg. That's not my wish, I hope he has a great career. It's what usually happens. Luck will be a franchise QB for 10 years. Not saying HOF but he's nasty back there and turned a team without much talent into a playoff team. 

running ability on a QB lasts about 2 years. Eventually a DE will catch up to him and break his leg. That's not my wish, I hope he has a great career. It's what usually happens. Luck will be a franchise QB for 10 years. Not saying HOF but he's nasty back there and turned a team without much talent into a playoff team. 

Wilson didnt exactly have big time weapons aside from Lynch either. Luck was atrocious against the Ravens...and if Seattle's defense doesnt choke the Seahawks would have been in the title game on the back of Wilson.

I obviously dont have a dog in this race but Wilson looks unbelievably special imo...

Wilson didnt exactly have big time weapons aside from Lynch either. Luck was atrocious against the Ravens...and if Seattle's defense doesnt choke the Seahawks would have been in the title game on the back of Wilson.

I obviously dont have a dog in this race but Wilson looks unbelievably special imo...

I like Wilson, but Kap has outrageous tools.  Down the line they will both probably get hurt bad.

imagine what 3 or 4 years of playing against NFL defenses will do for Luck. He's gonna keep improving. The fact that a pure rookie got beat up by the SUper Bowl champion Ravens isn't really a slam. 

I know that. I just see things in Wilson I've never seen from a rookie QB.

Luck had his hiccups. His throwing motion and mechanics look a bit funky too...his front throwing foot he plants too far on his throws. 

Luck is going to be very good...Wilson I think is going to be a superstar.

Just to recap, didn't the reports say that Bradway and Co were adamant about drafting Wilson and Tanny ignored them?

Tannenbaum, Schottenheimer, Sanchez, Holmes, and anyone else without a fan in the Jets fan base (except Bradway, a temporary protagonist) were adamant that Wilson would set the franchise back decades if not centuries.

Funny he said that the SOB, LOL

I sent  a email last year before draft to Jets Front Office (I know he never saw),,titled: Draft Wilson in this draft'

I said Mike;

Please take Russel Wilson in 3rd/4th round, he has what it takes to be a star at this level.

He ignored me, LOL

Tannenbaum, Schottenheimer, Sanchez, Holmes, and anyone else without a fan in the Jets fan base (except Bradway, a temporary protagonist) were adamant that Wilson would set the franchise back decades if not centuries.

I'm just curious, are you aware how tired and boring your shtick has become?  It's gotten to the point that even when you're trying to make a point, it becomes completely lost on everyone, because nobody can be bothered to figure out if you're being serious.

I'm just curious, are you aware how tired and boring your shtick has become? It's gotten to the point that even when you're trying to make a point, it becomes completely lost on everyone, because nobody can be bothered to figure out if you're being serious.

So bored yet so hostile.

Anyone with a brain could see that post was serious.

I would pick Luck over WIlson anyday, anytime. There is a reason why Wilson fell to the 3rd round. He is short. He did play well enough and some might say brilliantly enough to get his team to the playoffs and a road playoff victory BUT I am not sure if that translates to a long career as a successful. Super Bowl winning QB. I am not even sure Wilson would qualify in the Top 2 when people look at this draft after 5 years.

I see Luck being more successful in the long run.

I'd rate the four like so: Kaepernick, Luck, Wilson, RGIII.  That said, I'd take any one of them right now. 

And to whom ever said Wilson didn't have any weapons: Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller (not even including Lynch or Turbin) are miles ahead of the crap pile the Jets have.  Golden Tate is going to bust out next year.  Just watch.

I would pick Luck over WIlson anyday, anytime. There is a reason why Wilson fell to the 3rd round. He is short. He did play well enough and some might say brilliantly enough to get his team to the playoffs and a road playoff victory BUT I am not sure if that translates to a long career as a successful. Super Bowl winning QB. I am not even sure Wilson would qualify in the Top 2 when people look at this draft after 5 years.

I see Luck being more successful in the long run.

Really going out on a limb there.

I'd rate the four like so: Kaepernick, Luck, Wilson, RGIII.  That said, I'd take any one of them right now. 

And to whom ever said Wilson didn't have any weapons: Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller (not even including Lynch or Turbin) are miles ahead of the crap pile the Jets have.  Golden Tate is going to bust out next year.  Just watch.

I concur

Funny he said that the SOB, LOL

I sent  a email last year before draft to Jets Front Office (I know he never saw),,titled: Draft Wilson in this draft'

I said Mike;

Please take Russel Wilson in 3rd/4th round, he has what it takes to be a star at this level.

He ignored me, LOL

Actually, there is no evidence that he ignored you.  It's nice to think that we could have gotten Wilson with our 3rd, but it isn't factually correct.  Horrible as the Jets were, they picked a few slots behind those dominant Seahawks.  That is why the Jets traded "up" with Seattle to pick Hill and why Wilson was not available in the 3rd when the Jets took Demario Davis.  They would have had to use their 2nd or heaven forfend, trade up to nab Wilson.  

Stupid Tanny.  Why didn't he listen?

Archived