•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tannenbaum- "I'd build my franchise around Russell Wilson over Luck, RG3 and Kaepernick"

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#26 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,552 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

I would pick Luck over WIlson anyday, anytime. There is a reason why Wilson fell to the 3rd round. He is short. He did play well enough and some might say brilliantly enough to get his team to the playoffs and a road playoff victory BUT I am not sure if that translates to a long career as a successful. Super Bowl winning QB. I am not even sure Wilson would qualify in the Top 2 when people look at this draft after 5 years.

I see Luck being more successful in the long run.

#27 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,488 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'd rate the four like so: Kaepernick, Luck, Wilson, RGIII.  That said, I'd take any one of them right now. 

And to whom ever said Wilson didn't have any weapons: Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller (not even including Lynch or Turbin) are miles ahead of the crap pile the Jets have.  Golden Tate is going to bust out next year.  Just watch.

#28 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,489 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

So bored yet so hostile.

Anyone with a brain could see that post was serious.

Nothing hostile about it, just trying to help you (and really, all of JN) out.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#29 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Luck is the best, by far, and it isn't close. 

This. 

#30 SpartanJet

SpartanJet

"Egg" Pennington Realist

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

So glad that dolt isn't around.  Last thing I'd build a franchise around is some flash in the pan smurf sized QB.

#31 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

If you were starting a team today and took Wilson over Luck you should taken out back and shot. 

#32 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,540 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

I would pick Luck over WIlson anyday, anytime. There is a reason why Wilson fell to the 3rd round. He is short. He did play well enough and some might say brilliantly enough to get his team to the playoffs and a road playoff victory BUT I am not sure if that translates to a long career as a successful. Super Bowl winning QB. I am not even sure Wilson would qualify in the Top 2 when people look at this draft after 5 years.

I see Luck being more successful in the long run.

Really going out on a limb there.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#33 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

I'd rate the four like so: Kaepernick, Luck, Wilson, RGIII.  That said, I'd take any one of them right now. 

And to whom ever said Wilson didn't have any weapons: Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller (not even including Lynch or Turbin) are miles ahead of the crap pile the Jets have.  Golden Tate is going to bust out next year.  Just watch.

I concur

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#34 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,540 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Nothing hostile about it, just trying to help you (and really, all of JN) out.

As usual, your attempt was a complete and utter failure. You've brought shame upon everyone again.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#35 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,846 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Funny he said that the SOB, LOL

I sent  a email last year before draft to Jets Front Office (I know he never saw),,titled: Draft Wilson in this draft'

I said Mike;

Please take Russel Wilson in 3rd/4th round, he has what it takes to be a star at this level.

He ignored me, LOL

Actually, there is no evidence that he ignored you.  It's nice to think that we could have gotten Wilson with our 3rd, but it isn't factually correct.  Horrible as the Jets were, they picked a few slots behind those dominant Seahawks.  That is why the Jets traded "up" with Seattle to pick Hill and why Wilson was not available in the 3rd when the Jets took Demario Davis.  They would have had to use their 2nd or heaven forfend, trade up to nab Wilson.  

Stupid Tanny.  Why didn't he listen?

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#36 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

If you were starting a team today and took Wilson over Luck you should taken out back and shot. 

like Old Yeller? lol

#37 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

like Old Yeller? lol

exactly. put that guy out of his misery. 

#38 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,619 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Riveting analysis. As usual.

#39 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

The alleged mobile QB doesn't win the Super Bowl until they stop being mobile. They're shoot-first point guards. Brady, Ben, Flacco, and Eli can't break a 5.6 in the 40, but they've got rings. Luck will win more playoff games than Wilson and RGIII combined.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#40 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,540 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

Is Wilson a running QB? How much longer does RG3 carry that knock?

Never realized that Wilson would have to be the second round pick until Dom pointed it out.

Edited by SenorGato, 15 February 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#41 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Riveting analysis. As usual.

I'll leave the highly in-depth, analytical breakdowns to genius' like you. 

I think Wilson is the best of all 3...

Wilson, Kaep, Luck, RG3

WOW you're good!!!

#42 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,764 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Actually, there is no evidence that he ignored you.  It's nice to think that we could have gotten Wilson with our 3rd, but it isn't factually correct.  Horrible as the Jets were, they picked a few slots behind those dominant Seahawks.  That is why the Jets traded "up" with Seattle to pick Hill and why Wilson was not available in the 3rd when the Jets took Demario Davis.  They would have had to use their 2nd or heaven forfend, trade up to nab Wilson.  

Stupid Tanny.  Why didn't he listen?

LOL, ya , I know, but felt we should have manuevered a bit to get him :)

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#43 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

The alleged mobile QB doesn't win the Super Bowl until they stop being mobile. They're shoot-first point guards. Brady, Ben, Flacco, and Eli can't break a 5.6 in the 40, but they've got rings. Luck will win more playoff games than Wilson and RGIII combined.

QB is obviously the most important position but it's not like they're a starting pitcher or goalie either. Just saying, the team surrounding them has to be taken into consideration as part of the equation (Coaching and talent). Unfortunately that's a whole other debate...but that said, I think Luck, hands down, had the worst talent and coaching surrounding him out of the four and still made it to the playoffs. 

Edited by HessStation, 15 February 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#44 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

how about more playoff wins than Sanchez, Wilson, and RG3 combined.

#45 j4jets

j4jets

Numbers guy!

• Members
  • 1,024 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Luck is the best, by far, and it isn't close. 

I don't think so. He may be the better QB, but not by far. If I had to pick, I'd pick Wilson right now. Luck had too many turnovers, which is normal for a rookie starting QB. Russell didn't. Luck had far more passing yards than Russell, but thats because Seahawks were a far superior run team than Colts. They didn't have to throw as much. This is evident by the number of TDs to attempts ratio each player had:

Andrew Luck 23 in 627 attempts (27.26 attempts per TD)

Russell Wilson 26 in 393 attempts (15.11 attempts per TD, almost half of Luck)

Stats don't tell the whole story. The only knock on Russell was that he was considered too short to play the game and didn't have downfield vision. I think after running for almost 500 yards and passing at over 100 QB rating, that notion can be dismissed. I'd build my team around Wilson as well (or Kapernick). QB position is evolving in to a scrambling QB. Brady has next to no mobility. If he was even 10% of Russell or Kaep, he would have had several more rings.

#46 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

When in doubt, always choose accuracy.  That would leave me with Luck, then Wilson followed by RG3 and Kaepernick last.

#47 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,324 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Tanny is going out of his way to make sure he never gets another job.

If he really felt this way, why didn't he draft Russell Wilson?

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#48 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Lol at Wilson being a running QB.

Edited by Matt39, 15 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#49 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'll leave the highly in-depth, analytical breakdowns to genius' like you.

WOW you're good!!!

Ya bro lets harp on a typo you got me.

#50 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I stole this from somewhere else but it's a good template to work from if you want to debate which young QB you're taking to start a team. This is in terms of college prospects but the fact that we know a little bit more about these guys only helps imo. The problem is I think within each bullet you could make an argument.  Interestingly enough though, 'height' is not on the list. 

A Top 10 list of what NFL talent evaluators look for when figuring if a college passer has what it takes to succeed at the league's premier position. Info provided by Sports Illustrated May 1st, 2006 Issue :

QUARTERBACK CHECKLIST

#1 ARM STRENGTH : The Redskins overlooked this in drafting Heath Shuler at #3 IN 1994, as did the Bears in taking Cade McNown at #12 in 1999. " Name the last great quarterback who didn't have a strong arm," says former Giants passer Phil Simms. " I can't." In this draft, Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt and Kellen Clemens of Oregon would please Simms.

#2 FOOTBALL IQ : "The most important thing we do in evaluating a quarterback," says Titans coach Jeff Fisher, "is putting him up in front of our staff, firing questions at him and seeing if he can break down defenses and analyze why he makes certain decisions." Teams like that Matt Leinart got a head start by studying the NFL game tape last fall while at USC.

#3 ACCURACY : Michael Vick of the Falcons, the #1 pick in 2001, remains vexed by what troubled him at Virginia Tech : a low completion percentage. Vick's rate is 54.1% , about five points BELOW the league average. That's two or three completions per game that stops drives.

#4 MOBILITY : Good Vision and nimble feet can make up for sheer speed. The Colts Peyton Manning , the first pick in the 1998 draft, can move in the pocket and avoid rushers well enough.

#5 LEADERSHIP : Tom Brady is a regular at the Patriots' off-season workout programs. It's not hard to get full attendance when this era's Joe Montana leads the way.

#6 TOUGHNESS : Packers GM Tom Wolf, whom traded for Brett Favre in 1992 and later drafted Matt Hasselbeck in the 6th round in 1998, figured out Favre when, 31 days after stomach surgery, Favre took the field and led his college team, Southern Mississippi, to victory.

#7 RESUME : Says Saints coach Sean Payton, " I want to see a winner, a competitor, a guy who plays great from behind, a guy who plays well in big games." Though Cutler was on a bad Vanderbilt team, coaches believe he raised the play of the Commodores significantly.

#8 MATURITY : In 1998 the Chargers (drafting 2nd) overlooked such red flags around Ryan Leaf as his skipping his interview with the Colts (who held the 1st pick) at the scouting combine.

#9 PEDIGREE : " I love a coach's or player's son," says Eagles coach Andy Reid. "Favre, Hasselbeck, Ty Detmer, Mark Brunell, A.J. Feeley-- they've had the competitive part of the game pounded into them. They're going to know what it takes to win."

#10 HAND SIZE : No Kidding. Teams want a guy whose outstretched throwing hand measures at least 9 1/2 inches from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger. The Eagles knocked Daunte Culpepper off their draft list in 1999 in part because of his small hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users