Happy Birthday JetNation

Maxman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JetNation Logo OriginalOn February 16, 2005 we registered the domain name JetNation and the site was born.  On our 8th birthday we want to say thanks to everyone who makes the site great.  The amazing writing staff, forum moderators and technical team keep things running smoothly.  The passion and dedication of Jets fans never ceases to amaze!

The heart and soul of Jet Nation is everyone who visits the site in search of Jets news.  We started small and had modest goals; providing a home for uncensored New York Jets talk.  We launched during a time when there were less options to talk football.  We quickly surpassed our initial goals and remain impressed with how the site continues to grow.

• The JetNation Forum now has over 12,000 registered members and 2.2 million posts.
    • Our New York Jets Blog was originally going to be a supplement to the forums.  Over the years the front page blog has received several million visits, and we are looking forward to receiving our 2 millionth unique visit this year.
    • Social Media didn’t exist when we originally launched but Facebook and Twitter quickly became a huge part of our community and we are pleased to have almost 20,000 followers and likes on those sites.
    • We are also proud of our NY Jets Podcast and are happy to announce that we will be launching JetNation Radio very soon.

A special thanks to our partners that have helped us grow along the way:  YES Network.com and USA Today Sports Digital Properties.

Thanks Jet Nation, it has been a fun 8 years and we are looking forward to the next 8.  Hopefully a Super Bowl victory is in the near future for the Jets!  If you want to share a comment with us please stop by our and say hello.

JetNation.com Logo

JetNation Logo Original

wow....8 years already? damn that went quickly. i remember when all that crap went down that made you guys start this site. i had just joined up over there. didn't come over right away because i didn't really know the difference at the time. after being censored and ultimately banned i came over here full-time and realized just how much better this place really was. so much so that when i was contacted and asked to go back i told them to go f themselves. this place truly is, imo, the best place to go to get jets news and talk about the team. thnx for making it happen!!!

Max would text me at three in the morning to tell me about emoticons he was adding. He'd have to be at work in three hours, but the guy would be obsessing over having the right emoticons available for you people. The dude has really given his all for this place. I mean, sure, I gave up my marriage to a hot MD for this place, but it's really Phil who made this place what it is. And Faba.

I don't even know what to say, lol....too damn funny.  I do obsess over details here, lots of pride and I agree about the lack of sleep.  There has been a shortage of sleep over the last 8 years no doubt.

I am not commenting on any of the other stuff, haha.

Congratulations to a wonderful community reaching the 8 year mark and the all around good dude that puts in a painstaking amount of time into this place.  Very few people really understand how much work Max has put into this place.  It is like having a second full time career and a second family rolled into one.  I have known Max a long time and can assure you that creating the ultimate fan site was no easy task...  and JN really is the ultimate fan community and will continue to remain as such.  The reason?  Max has a true passion for this, he truly cares about the team, the website, and most importantly the members of this community.

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about.  On multiple occasions as an admin here I witnessed Max taking great measures to fix the smallest of bugs that 99.99% of the user base wouldn't notice.  He did so for the one person who did notice.  Other places would put the issue on the future fix list and forget about it.  Oh, and have I mentioned how expensive it is to run this place?

I want to thank Tom for his role in bringing this place to life, you are truly a character and I mean that in the best of ways.  Obviously I want to thank Greenbeans for keeping the tech side running smoothly as he is somebody else who works hard for this place behind the scenes.  I always say I want to help him out but he usually solves the problem before I even start thinking about it.  I also want to thank each of the mods who put in a good deal of effort into this place on a daily basis.  Being a mod anywhere is not fun, trust me (I spent 5 years as a mod over at another Jets site...).  I also want to thank the users of this site, an eclectic group of individuals that makes doing what we do worth it.  Finally, I want to thank Max.  You have done great things here old friend.

***You are the quiet mod here, but that was a great synopsis. Kudos dude.***

Max would text me at three in the morning to tell me about emoticons he was adding. He'd have to be at work in three hours, but the guy would be obsessing over having the right emoticons available for you people. The dude has really given his all for this place. I mean, sure, I gave up my marriage to a hot MD for this place, but it's really Phil who made this place what it is. And Faba.

I will be forever grateful for Max adding a few emoticons that i wanted.

:xxx:

:russian: 

:suicide: 

:suicide2: 

You're the best.  JN RULES!

Congratulations to a wonderful community reaching the 8 year mark and the all around good dude that puts in a painstaking amount of time into this place.  Very few people really understand how much work Max has put into this place.  It is like having a second full time career and a second family rolled into one.  I have known Max a long time and can assure you that creating the ultimate fan site was no easy task...  and JN really is the ultimate fan community and will continue to remain as such.  The reason?  Max has a true passion for this, he truly cares about the team, the website, and most importantly the members of this community.

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about.  On multiple occasions as an admin here I witnessed Max taking great measures to fix the smallest of bugs that 99.99% of the user base wouldn't notice.  He did so for the one person who did notice.  Other places would put the issue on the future fix list and forget about it.  Oh, and have I mentioned how expensive it is to run this place?

I want to thank Tom for his role in bringing this place to life, you are truly a character and I mean that in the best of ways.  Obviously I want to thank Greenbeans for keeping the tech side running smoothly as he is somebody else who works hard for this place behind the scenes.  I always say I want to help him out but he usually solves the problem before I even start thinking about it.  I also want to thank each of the mods who put in a good deal of effort into this place on a daily basis.  Being a mod anywhere is not fun, trust me (I spent 5 years as a mod over at another Jets site...).  I also want to thank the users of this site, an eclectic group of individuals that makes doing what we do worth it.  Finally, I want to thank Max.  You have done great things here old friend.

No doubt if you ever wanted to see what a labor of love looks like just take a look at this site.  Max has put his love all over the place.  From the first time I came here from JI to enjoy the Mafia goodness without persecution he has done everything to make everyone feel welcome.  Hell... he even gave us our own forum.  Are you kidding me? 

Bergen is 100% spot on.  The mafia forum produces very few post, a rare new poster and few compared to the rest of the site but Max treats us like we are as important as the rest of the place.  Dealing with our complaints and doing everything he could so just a few people could enjoy themselves here.  Though he has no idea what the heck we do there our what the game is about he comes by and ask what he can do to help. 

Truly an outstanding fella running an outstanding site.  Really glad to have been part of it the last few years and appreciative for everything her has done.  The football part is pretty cool too. 

I was the one that ran the game and requested all those alt accounts.  LOL.  Yeah, that was pretty fantastic.  The entire Mafia forum is incredible.  During the offseason when things are slow it gives us a great place to hide out and forget about how much the Jets suck for a little while.  One of the many reasons Max and the mod team are awesome and, by virtue of that, the site as a whole is awesome.  Thanks guys.

The mafia forum produces very few post

True, but our posts/poster ratio is ridiculous.  LOL!

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about. 

Not for nothing, but the Mafia forum is currently the third most trafficked forum on the site behind this one and the lounge. By the time next season starts, it will probably have more posts than all of "Other Sports" combined. Max has been very good to all the angry nerds that make up that little weirdo corner, but the mafia people have been good for the site, too.

As someone who comes to this site only for mafia I can say that however small the amount of traffic the mafia forum produces it does do it's small part. I haven't been around very long but I have no doubt that everything you said about Max is true and I definitely appreciate it. Happy birthday JN!  :-)

Not for nothing, but the Mafia forum is currently the third most trafficked forum on the site behind this one and the lounge. By the time next season starts, it will probably have more posts than all of "Other Sports" combined. Max has been very good to all the angry nerds that make up that little weirdo corner, but the mafia people have been good for the site, too.

Typical Jets fan happy to be # 3. 

No doubt if you ever wanted to see what a labor of love looks like just take a look at this site.  Max has put his love all over the place.  From the first time I came here from JI to enjoy the Mafia goodness without persecution he has done everything to make everyone feel welcome.  Hell... he even gave us our own forum.  Are you kidding me? 

Bergen is 100% spot on.  The mafia forum produces very few post, a rare new poster and few compared to the rest of the site but Max treats us like we are as important as the rest of the place.  Dealing with our complaints and doing everything he could so just a few people could enjoy themselves here.  Though he has no idea what the heck we do there our what the game is about he comes by and ask what he can do to help. 

Truly an outstanding fella running an outstanding site.  Really glad to have been part of it the last few years and appreciative for everything her has done.  The football part is pretty cool too.

Thank you Crusher. I am going to play a game one of these days. I honestly have no idea what it is you all do in there, haha.

You have brought so many people to this site. Thank you for all that you do! I really appreciate it.

The master plan involves just merging all those posts with the NFL forum and then claiming there was a technical glitch. The mafia forum will be at 0 and then everyone will be super motivated to catch up to the previous impressive post counts, lol.

Just kidding.

As someone who comes to this site only for mafia I can say that however small the amount of traffic the mafia forum produces it does do it's small part. I haven't been around very long but I have no doubt that everything you said about Max is true and I definitely appreciate it. Happy birthday JN!  :-)

Thank you! The mafia community is great, and I really am going to try to make it in there for a game. Someone just has to teach me what the hell is going on in there, lol.

Archived