• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

From the “It is good to be the King” department comes a report from YES Network.com stating that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made over 29 million dollars in 2011.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s compensation reached $29.49 million in 2011, nearly tripling his previous salary.

As reported by Sports Business Daily, NFL owners likely made Goodell the highest paid sports commissioner in American sports. Goodell’s compensation is performance-based, with $22.3 million of his total salary paid as a bonus. Information about Goodell’s salary was disclosed in the NFL’s 2011 IRS tax statement, which is public because the NFL is structured as a non-profit.

Darren Rovell reported that Goodell’s 2010 salary was $11.6 million.

#2 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Performance based? a 22.3 mil dollar bonus sounds reasonable. He put an inferior product on the field risking quality and player safety over the entire referee union looking for 16.5 mil over 5 years in a new contract.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#3 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

herpity derpity new sheriff derpa thugturds derp

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,118 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Back off, haters. The man single-handedly fixed the concussion problem.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,118 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Also, the NFL is structured as a non-profit. Buncha welfare queens.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#6 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

GREEDY THUGTURDS.

Wait...you're talking about the players, right? Because if you're talking about the owners, then that means...

tumblr_lracuhssFJ1qfwkq4.gif

Edited by dbatesman, 17 February 2013 - 01:32 AM.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#7 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

30 Mill to turn the NFL into Arena football... "Can't wait" for the next stage with flags and girls playing.

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,118 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

GREEDY THUGTURDS.

Wait...you're talking about the players, right? Because if you're talking about the owners, then that means...

tumblr_lracuhssFJ1qfwkq4.gif

THE THUGS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE.

#9 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

When did Commissioners start making more than the best paid players?  A unique approach.

#10 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 32,229 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

and the NFL still can't pay for health problems for it's old veterans of the 60s and 70s

laughable 

"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#11 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,192 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

and the NFL still can't pay for health problems for it's old veterans of the 60s and 70s

laughable 

I say we keep fully supporting the industry. 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#12 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,303 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

laughable 

Goodell's whole campaign that he can somehow make a collision sport safe is laughablly dangerous. Anyoen who has ever strapped on shoulder pads in Pop Warner knows it's by defintition a violent game. You know and accept those risks. But your point is even more daming. To not give NFL retirees the best medical care plan as a given with the money the NFL makes is really an obscenity. If you took,say, $28 million in 2012 you could cover a whole bunch of those guys rather than pay this dolt such a ridiculous sum.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#13 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 32,229 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Goodell's whole campaign that he can somehow make a collision sport safe is laughablly dangerous. Anyoen who has ever strapped on shoulder pads in Pop Warner knows it's by defintition a violent game. You know and accept those risks. But your point is even more daming. To not give NFL retirees the best medical care plan as a given with the money the NFL makes is really an obscenity. If you took,say, $28 million in 2012 you could cover a whole bunch of those guys rather than pay this dolt such a ridiculous sum.

did Roger Goodell even play pop warner?

i bet he played soccer growing up instead

"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#14 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,192 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Pop Warner knows it's by defintition a violent game. You know and accept those risks.

Confused_dog.jpg

Edited by SenorGato, 17 February 2013 - 02:26 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#15 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,750 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

far be it for me to defend Roger Goodell but the NFL is a 11 figure business (tens of BILLIONs with a capital b  . Guys who run those types of organizations get paid that and way more than Roger. Hundreds of Mil isn't unheard of... It's a conversation about CEO pay when you get right down to it. Whether it's Roger or whoever, that's what the head of the a business that size gets paid. 

Edited by bitonti, 17 February 2013 - 03:23 PM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#16 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 32,229 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

lots of Goodell lovers on here today

#17 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hey stupid, it's not called welfare, these are job creators........ I'm Sorry, I know you where probably kidding but I'm passionate about people throwing the "W" word around unless they're talking about poor people. Those people don't even understand libor rates because it sounds too similar to labor HAHAHAHA poor people

#18 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,303 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Notice not much tackling and minimal blocking. Is that really football? 

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#19 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 32,229 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hey stupid, it's not called welfare, these are job creators........ I'm Sorry, I know you where probably kidding but I'm passionate about people throwing the "W" word around unless they're talking about poor people. Those people don't even understand libor rates because it sounds too similar to labor HAHAHAHA poor people

sounds like he hit a sensative spot

#20 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

sounds like he hit a sensative spot

Obviously I saw it as a low blow and I'm sure most people would agree. The economy has hurt us all and we all have our horror stories but that's no reason to take a cheap shot. When the market crashed in 2008 my grandfather at Goldman was forced to defer his year end bonus and I didn't get my new car till like July, I was stuck driving around an original Hummer which was devastating. I've got nothing against the poor either. I have gardeners, I had a maid(Who I think was stealing but I'll let the pros at INS sort that out), I think I'm somehow paying the garbage people etc. etc.. People just need to learn to be more socially sensitive with the things they say and I'm happy to point it out.

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 17 February 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#21 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

i think the way things are going. A normal NFL game is gonna look like the pro bowl soon

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,118 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I think we should minimize the impact of concussions in the NFL by having the games played on top of all those soft, cushiony poor people. Call it PoTurf. Two birds, one stone.

#23 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I think we should minimize the impact of concussions in the NFL by having the games played on top of all those soft, cushiony poor people. Call it PoTurf. Two birds, one stone.

Outside the box thinking like that is what makes this country the greatest on earth, plus that will give all these players a job when they retire so they can stop crying to the owners that they deserve healthcare for injuries that may or may not even be football related.

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 17 February 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#24 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,045 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Soylent GreenTurf?
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#25 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,182 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

did Roger Goodell even play pop warner?

i bet he played soccer growing up instead

He Captained his HS football, basketball and baseball teams.  An injury kept him from playing in college.  What did you do?

What do you expect him to do? 

He is trying to protect an 11 billion dollar (and growing) business. 

He is fighting a losing battle.  Players willingly admit that they will/have gone back into the game after a concussion.  Or throw a fit, like Jason Witten, a year ago when blocked from returning.  Yet, he is ripped by current players he is trying to protect from living a life with concussion symptoms.    All the while, of the 1200 living former NFL players, 33% are apart of the concussion law suit.  Are you sure they accept the risks?

I do not disagree with the your healthcare point, but where are all the player contributions for health care?  They receive in the neighborhood of 4 billion a year in salary.  If they give 5%, every year, that would dwarf what Goodell is paid yearly.  Take care of their own.  

I find it amusing that Goodell is ripped for an issue (concussions) Tags and Rozelle ignored or hid. 

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users